5,594,564 Members 32,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GN3 keeps freezing up

Tip us?
 
armyintel96b
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Nov 2013
Unhappy [Q] GN3 keeps freezing up

I have a GN3 from Verizon. Every time I text someone or call a contact my phone freezes up for about 15 seconds. This happens mostly when I'm texting. I'm not using a stock keyboard but it does it just as bad when I'm using the built in one. This happens constantly but I don't see any other threads on this topic. Didn't figure I could be the only one.

Any suggestions?
 
haza12d
Old
#2  
haza12d's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 441
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gotham
What keyboard are you using? Are you stock/rooted/custom ROM?

HAZA12D_HYPERDRIVE_NOTE3
 
siciliano777
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 183
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyintel96b View Post
I have a GN3 from Verizon. Every time I text someone or call a contact my phone freezes up for about 15 seconds. This happens mostly when I'm texting. I'm not using a stock keyboard but it does it just as bad when I'm using the built in one. This happens constantly but I don't see any other threads on this topic. Didn't figure I could be the only one.

Any suggestions?
By logical deduction, if this doesn't happen in any other app when you're using the keyboard, then something is up with your messaging app.

Does this happen in any other app? Have you tested it in a 3rd party sms app like handcent?
 
armyintel96b
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by siciliano777 View Post
By logical deduction, if this doesn't happen in any other app when you're using the keyboard, then something is up with your messaging app.

Does this happen in any other app? Have you tested it in a 3rd party sms app like handcent?
I use Swiftkey as my keyboard. However, it also freezes when I'm in contacts trying to make a phone call not only when I'm typing. It just happens most often when I'm typing.

Christian
 
sebastianraven
Old
#5  
sebastianraven's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 311
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Laguna Beach

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by siciliano777 View Post
By logical deduction, if this doesn't happen in any other app when you're using the keyboard, then something is up with your messaging app.

Does this happen in any other app? Have you tested it in a 3rd party sms app like handcent?
I just wrote about this exact issue using hangouts as my default SMS. Once I got rid of it, everything went back to normal.
 
armyintel96b
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianraven View Post
I just wrote about this exact issue using hangouts as my default SMS. Once I got rid of it, everything went back to normal.
I'm not using Hangouts as my SMS client.
 
titaniumtm
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Mar 2010
If your still completely stock, I'd try factory data reset. You'll lose everything, so definitely back up what you can.

Once the reset is done try texting with no apps installed. If it works fine, I'd slowly install apps while testing the texts to see what is causing the feeezing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to titaniumtm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
armyintel96b
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumtm View Post
If your still completely stock, I'd try factory data reset. You'll lose everything, so definitely back up what you can.

Once the reset is done try texting with no apps installed. If it works fine, I'd slowly install apps while testing the texts to see what is causing the feeezing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Did a factory reset on Saturday. So far so good. Today is the first day back at work so I'll get some stats today.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

[APK] YouTube Update to 5.6 Now Lets You Cast Live Video to Your Chromecast

Earlier today, we talked about how Google brought two new apps to … more

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the AT&T Galaxy S 4 Active

A little under two months ago, AT&T started rolling out … more

HTC Releases Dual Lens SDK for the HTC One M8 (2014)

One of the highlights of the HTC One M8is its new dual lens camera system. Termed … more