FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[SOLVED] Solution for Emergency Calls Only for 4.3 ROMS

144 posts
Thanks Meter: 43
 
By mightymouse2045, Senior Member on 23rd November 2013, 03:35 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Thanks to @johnyp
and mainly to Zuluman! for the actual fixes and modem patcher!

You can follow this solution to fix the "Emergency Calls Only" problem for those suffering from this after upgrading to 4.3 ROMS. Note this is if you have a VALID IMEI number, but are still getting Emergency Calls Only!

If you have an invalid IMEI number\Baseband problem then you need to restore a backup of your /efs folder to resolve that (follow other threads that detail how to resolve that issue)

You can safely upgrade to any 4.3 ROM now by following this solution (ORIGINAL THREAD HERE!!!)

Download the patched MK4 kernel from here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...U5YaGkzOUowMG8

Next download the modem (MJ9 modem patched by johnyp):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u60919sl1e...0_ModemMJ9.zip

Copy these 2 files to your sdcard. Reboot to recovery and then flash the kernel then the modem and reboot, and you will no longer have the emergency calls only!

Remember this is for 4.3 ROMS only!

Note you can download the modem patcher here! This will allow you to patch modem.bin files for a modem of your choice also. Then just update the modem zip file by replacing the modem.bin with your patched modem.bin
Last edited by mightymouse2045; 23rd November 2013 at 03:39 PM.
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to mightymouse2045 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
23rd November 2013, 03:47 PM |#2  
alienmaan's Avatar
Senior Member
Blaine
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymouse2045

Thanks to @johnyp
and mainly to Zuluman! for the actual fixes and modem patcher!

You can follow this solution to fix the "Emergency Calls Only" problem for those suffering from this after upgrading to 4.3 ROMS. Note this is if you have a VALID IMEI number, but are still getting Emergency Calls Only!

If you have an invalid IMEI number\Baseband problem then you need to restore a backup of your /efs folder to resolve that (follow other threads that detail how to resolve that issue)

You can safely upgrade to any 4.3 ROM now by following this solution (ORIGINAL THREAD HERE!!!)

Download the patched MK4 kernel from here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...U5YaGkzOUowMG8

Next download the modem (MJ9 modem patched by johnyp):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u60919sl1e...0_ModemMJ9.zip

Copy these 2 files to your sdcard. Reboot to recovery and then flash the kernel then the modem and reboot, and you will no longer have the emergency calls only!

Remember this is for 4.3 ROMS only!

Note you can download the modem patcher here! This will allow you to patch modem.bin files for a modem of your choice also. Then just update the modem zip file by replacing the modem.bin with your patched modem.bin

Thanks, needed your thread on the Note 2. I was facing the same problem and I found your help on Azira's Patch for S3 and Note 2. I did what you advised and everything works like a charm.

Best Regards,
Alien
The Following User Says Thank You to alienmaan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2013, 05:36 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienmaan

Thanks, needed your thread on the Note 2. I was facing the same problem and I found your help on Azira's Patch for S3 and Note 2. I did what you advised and everything works like a charm.

Best Regards,
Alien

Yeah it took me a while to locate the thread because of it's obscure location, but after about 5 or so hours I stumbled across it and it worked straight away, so thought I'd make it a little easier for others to find :P
The Following User Says Thank You to mightymouse2045 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2013, 06:25 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
I have downloaded all required files. Now should I flash mj5 bootloader or just flash the rom, kernel and modem. I am planning to flash dn3 v3. I am currently using 4.1.2 with ariza patch.
Please guide.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
23rd November 2013, 07:31 PM |#5  
Miaxus's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibraahim

I have downloaded all required files. Now should I flash mj5 bootloader or just flash the rom, kernel and modem. I am planning to flash dn3 v3. I am currently using 4.1.2 with ariza patch.
Please guide.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I'm on the same situation, I'm just wainting someone to try it before I try
Actually on 4.1.2 with ariza patch.
24th November 2013, 01:52 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Rosario
Thanks Meter: 101
 
More
I patched mj9 whit Zuluman tool and update modem zip to make it flashable, so credits to Zuluman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibraahim

I have downloaded all required files. Now should I flash mj5 bootloader or just flash the rom, kernel and modem. I am planning to flash dn3 v3. I am currently using 4.1.2 with ariza patch.
Please guide.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk



Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaxus

I'm on the same situation, I'm just wainting someone to try it before I try
Actually on 4.1.2 with ariza patch.

Make full wipes (I recommend format internal sd)
Flash rom
Flash MK4 patched modem
Flash patched modem (you can flash mj5 or mj9 patched modem, mj5 works better for me, try and choose the best for you)
Reboot

If wifi not work you can odin flash Dr ketone wifi fix or mj5 bootloader (you choose).

Done.


Enviado desde mi calculadora
24th November 2013, 02:39 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibraahim

I have downloaded all required files. Now should I flash mj5 bootloader or just flash the rom, kernel and modem. I am planning to flash dn3 v3. I am currently using 4.1.2 with ariza patch.
Please guide.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaxus

I'm on the same situation, I'm just wainting someone to try it before I try
Actually on 4.1.2 with ariza patch.

Hi guys - yeah as johnyp said.

You don't need to follow the Ditto Note 3 v3 install guide but it doesn't hurt.

I have done exactly that. Flash the v3 ROM, reboot into download mode and Flash the MJ5 bootloader they mention via Odin, reboot into recovery and Flash the patched mk4 kernel, and flash the patched MJ9 modem.

But in all honesty you can probably skip the MJ5 bootloader part, then there is no need to reboot at all
24th November 2013, 02:53 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
where every thing is free!
24th November 2013, 04:43 AM |#9  
Coolmfarshard's Avatar
Member
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Is this working for stock rom mk4

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
24th November 2013, 04:44 AM |#10  
nitol's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag dhaka
Thanks Meter: 3,771
 
More
What is the difference between stock and patched kernel? Is this the stock kernel?
Regards.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th November 2013, 05:01 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolmfarshard

Is this working for stock rom mk4

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitol

What is the difference between stock and patched kernel? Is this the stock kernel?
Regards.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes this is working for the stock rom. This is for if like me and many others you are getting no network and or "emergency calls only".

This is the stock kernel and stock MJ9 modems that have been patched to resolve these problems. The issue as I understand it, is if you upgraded to 4.3 roms then it stops your phone accessing the /efs folder. Even downgrading doesn't resolve this issue. So you need to run a patched kernel and modem to have it looking in the /efs folder again for your IMEI and other info.

The patched kernel part I believe is to just remove the knox security - but johnyp can correct me on that. I haven't actually tested just flashing the patched modem, but you can test that yourself first to see if it works. If it does then great, if not then flash the patched kernel as well.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes