XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 7 Help plz

Tip us?

Alphaziggy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Nexus 7 Help plz

Ok so I rooted my nexus 7 (2013) and the other day the 4.4 kitkat update came out, so naturally i updated forgeting it would take away superusers.
So i had figured out that it took it away so i flashed my nexus to 4.3 again to try and get it back. The problem now is that I cant see my nexus 7 in my device manager and the nexus is stuck on the google logo. any help?

Greg1007
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaziggy View Post
Ok so I rooted my nexus 7 (2013) and the other day the 4.4 kitkat update came out, so naturally i updated forgeting it would take away superusers.
So i had figured out that it took it away so i flashed my nexus to 4.3 again to try and get it back. The problem now is that I cant see my nexus 7 in my device manager and the nexus is stuck on the google logo. any help?
Do you know how to boot to bootloader?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

Alphaziggy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1007 View Post
Do you know how to boot to bootloader?

Yes but only thru commands on the pc

Greg1007
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Yes but only thru commands on the pc
hold power button until off, then hold down power and volume down until you get to bootloader. use fastboot to install the system image you want. if you need more guidance, pm me

xdhall
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:

Quote:
hold power button until off, then hold down power and volume down until you get to bootloader. use fastboot to install the system image you want. if you need more guidance, pm me
Most bootloops after updates are solved by powering down and then wiping the cache/dalvik cache. There's no need to flash the system image. In fact, flashing the system image only may not get him out of the bootloop.

If he wants to go back to root, he'll need a custom recovery in any case. I'd recommend flashing a custom recovery, booting into that recovery and wiping cache/dalvik cache.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk 4

Greg1007
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdhall View Post
Most bootloops after updates are solved by powering down and then wiping the cache/dalvik cache. There's no need to flash the system image. In fact, flashing the system image only may not get him out of the bootloop.

If he wants to go back to root, he'll need a custom recovery in any case. I'd recommend flashing a custom recovery, booting into that recovery and wiping cache/dalvik cache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdhall View Post

There were a couple or things that caused this, and it was stuck at the google logo (that's not a Bootloop) . I helped take care of it in the end.

xdhall
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
There were a couple or things that caused this, and it was stuck at the google logo (that's not a Bootloop) . I helped take care of it in the end.

Read fail