5,606,095 Members 42,264 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S4 [MODS] TIPS AND TRICKS THREAD

Tip us?

E The Magnificent
Old
(Last edited by E The Magnificent; 3rd May 2013 at 01:48 PM.) Reason: Just want to organize this thread better
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Default Galaxy S4 [MODS] TIPS AND TRICKS THREAD

The purpose behind this thread is hopefully place MODS TIPS AND TRICK that we find all in one place. If this thread is welcome I will do my best to keep it updated with mods tips and tricks that people find alone the way. If any Moderator's want to assist in keeping this thread organized please feel free to do so your help will greatly be appreciated.

[MOD] Camera during call and shutter sound on/off Enabled

Very easy mod to do just make sure your rooted and have root explorer on your phone.
Go to root explorer scroll down to system click on it scroll to CSC click on it now scroll down to Feature XML. Open it in text editor. Look for <CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>True</CscFeature change the text from false to true that will open the option in the camera so that you can turn the sound on and off. Now look for <CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>True</CscFeature change the text from false to true. Take note to the pic below. Once you do that back out and save than reboot your phone and you're all set.

I love the 90s. Good times.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1367551483590.jpg
Views:	6032
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	1931315  
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to E The Magnificent For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

E The Magnificent
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1367553039292.jpg
Views:	5283
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1931369  
The Following User Says Thank You to E The Magnificent For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crawrj
Old
(Last edited by crawrj; 3rd May 2013 at 05:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3639
Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Magnificent View Post
Very easy mod to do just make sure your rooted and have root explorer on your phone.
Go to root explorer scroll down to system click on it scroll to CSC click on it now scroll down to Feature XML. Open it in text editor. Look for <CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>True</CscFeature change the text from false to true that will open the option in the camera so that you can turn the sound on and off. Now look for <CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>True</CscFeature change the text from false to true. Take note to the pic below. Once you do that back out and save than reboot your phone and you're all set.

Just don't forget where that came from.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to crawrj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

E The Magnificent
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawrj View Post
Just don't forget that came from.
All credit to you my dude. Just wanted to get this find out there.

The Following User Says Thank You to E The Magnificent For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crawrj
Old
Thanks Meter 3639
Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Magnificent View Post
All credit to you my dude. Just wanted to get this find out there.

No problem and I appreciate you putting it out in the open. Good idea. Maybe you should turn it into a tips and tricks type of thread? See if we can't get more of these types of secrets to come out. As things are brought up and confirmed you can add them to a list in the OP for easy access.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crawrj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tahde
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Good stuff. Thanks fellas!

After saving my selection, it said something (I noticed at the last minute) about saving original text before I made the edits. Catch where that file is stored? Or I could be wrong (seeing things lol).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
----------------------------------------
SGS4 - Stock Root
SGS3 - Wicked
GNote II - Swampmonster (backup)
GNote II - Stock Root (backup to backup)
GNote III - Stock (for now)

E The Magnificent
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawrj View Post
No problem and I appreciate you putting it out in the open. Good idea. Maybe you should turn it into a tips and tricks type of thread? See if we can't get more of these types of secrets to come out. As things are brought up and confirmed you can add them to a list in the OP for easy access.
Good idea. I will edit this in the morning when I get to work.

rockypr
Old
Thanks Meter 254

DONATE TO ME
Also guys... The S4 by default it comes with 8 or 9 megapixes ativated. You got to got to the camera settings to activate the 13 megapixels.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rockypr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

E The Magnificent
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockypr View Post
Also guys... The S4 by default it comes with 8 or 9 megapixes ativated. You got to got to the camera settings to activate the 13 megapixels.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium
I actually like the default 9.6 megapixel. The camera is in 16:9 ratio

guitardoc64
Old
Thanks Meter 334

DONATE TO ME
I tried the edit, it didn't work for me. I'm not new to modding but new to Samsung. I used ES to make the edit, file changed and everything but no camera sound toggle. What could I have done wrong?
Current phone: Samsung Galaxy S4
Retired: EVO 3D, Hero,Vogue,Apache
ROM:Crawrj stock rooted MF9
Recovery:TWRP

The Following User Says Thank You to guitardoc64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]