5,596,128 Members 33,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any way to run the old radio on the new 4.3 update?

Tip us?

Comet1966
Old
(Last edited by Comet1966; 24th November 2013 at 10:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Default Any way to run the old radio on the new 4.3 update?

What would happen if I flashed a 4.3 rom while having the 1.29 radio? If it's like flashing a 4.1 rom while having the 3.04 radio (touchscreen doesn't work) could there be a way to make it work? I only went back to 1.29 to have better signal.
You should hit that Thanks button if I have helped you!

Samsung Intercept -> LG Optimus S -> HTC Evo Shift 4G -> Samsung Nexus S 4G -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE -> Motorola photon Q -> HTC ONE

Rom: Depends on the day! XD

elvisypi
Old
Thanks Meter 1242

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet1966 View Post
What would happen if I flashed a 4.3 rom while having the 1.29 radio? If it's like flashing a 4.1 rom while having the 3.04 radio (touchscreen doesn't work) could there be a way to make it work? I only went back to 1.29 to have better signal.
You don't need the new firmware for 4.3, it works perfectly with the old. But, if you update your firmware, it won't work on 4.1.2, because of the touchscreen driver

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
if you like my post
Devices:
HTC One
ROM : InsertCoin 7.1-4

HTC Sensation
ROM : ViperS 5.0 Sense 5
The Following User Says Thank You to elvisypi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Comet1966
Old
(Last edited by Comet1966; 25th November 2013 at 12:08 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisypi View Post
You don't need the new firmware for 4.3, it works perfectly with the old. But, if you update your firmware, it won't work on 4.1.2, because of the touchscreen driver

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
So, I could flash a sense 5.5, android 4.3 rom, while using the 1.29 radio, and it will work fine?

EDIT: Alright, so I flashed the ecliptic one rom thinking that the issues with the signal on 4.3 was the radio that came with the update.......well I guess I was wrong because the signal still says 1 bar of 4G, where I should have full bars. I can't think of what else would cause the issues.

Samsung Intercept -> LG Optimus S -> HTC Evo Shift 4G -> Samsung Nexus S 4G -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE -> Motorola photon Q -> HTC ONE

kwolf
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Starting with 4.3, the bars show you the data signal instead of the voice signal. On the old version, full bars for you meant full bars of voice even if it said 4G next to it. You still had only 1 bar of 4G data, it just didn't show that.

Comet1966
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwolf View Post
Starting with 4.3, the bars show you the data signal instead of the voice signal. On the old version, full bars for you meant full bars of voice even if it said 4G next to it. You still had only 1 bar of 4G data, it just didn't show that.
I don't know, I should have much, much more signal then, the tower is really close to my house. Also with the battery had a big drain, and it would jump between 3g and 4g, like it was in a strain, it would get hot.

kwolf
Old
Thanks Meter 18
By putting the old radio on and still having the same issue, you have pretty much shown it was not the update causing it.

I had the same situation as you. As far as the heat and switching, you are probably noticing it more now since you saw the low bars.

My tower is only 3/4 of a mile from my house, I have clear line of sight to it, and I get 1 bar. It's just how Sprint is. My friend's S4 picks up a slightly better signal here, but it still constantly flips between 4G and 3G.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]