[S-OFF] Rumrunner S-off For HTC One XL

Search This thread

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Rumrunner S-off for HTC One XL!

Firstly let me say that this isn't my own work, all credit goes to @beaups and @Fuses for bringing this to our device.

Rumrunner is a new method for achieving s-off on HTC devices. This method does not require SuperCID like Facepalm, the only requirement on your device is root and an unlocked bootloader.

So, all you people that took the latest update from HTC that gave you write protection on the 2.15 firmware/hboot, this method should give you s-off.

This is just a simple thread to get this method some exposure for users with our device. As per the licensing section on the site and beaup's wishes I cannot include the download or instructions in this thread. However, we can have this thread serve as a troubleshooting/help location for the One XL. Alternatively, support for rumrunner s-off is available at #rumrunners on the freenode and andirc networks. Please make sure you meet all of the requirements before contacting support.

Rumrunner S-off.

Please go give beaups and Fuses a bunch of thanks for their work!

Sent from my Evita

Last edited:

qwertyaas

Aug 17, 2010
Nice, for some reason I never soff'd my phone yet. Time to do it.

This does wipe system correct?

rydebaas

Feb 2, 2011
Batam
YEAHHH, u' re rock rumrunner, success to s-off for my telstra one x hboot 2.15, but why my cid is still TELST001 ?? no problem if i try to flashing any rom ??

Attachments

• IMG-20131125-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20131125-WA0005.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 2,068
Reactions: tinwhisker

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Your CID is still TELST001 because you've never gotten SuperCID. Rumrunner gives you s-off but it doesn't change your CID. Now that you have s-off you can change your CID manually as many times as you want by using this command:

Code:
fastboot oem writecid xxxxxxxx

The x's there represent the new CID, if you want SuperCID it will be 11111111 (eight 1's).

Sent from my Evita

st3wy

Aug 30, 2012
Perth
rumrunner issue

Firstly let me say that this isn't my own work, all credit goes to @beaups and @Fuses for bringing this to our device.

Rumrunner is a new method for achieving s-off on HTC devices. This method does not require SuperCID like Facepalm, the only requirement on your device is root and an unlocked bootloader.

So, all you people that took the latest update from HTC that gave you write protection on the 2.15 firmware/hboot, this method should give you s-off.

This is just a simple thread to get this method some exposure for users with our device. As per the licensing section on the site and beaup's wishes I cannot include the download or instructions in this thread. However, we can have this thread serve as a troubleshooting/help location for the One XL. Alternatively, support for rumrunner s-off is available at #rumrunners on the freenode and andirc networks. Please make sure you meet all of the requirements before contacting support.

Rumrunner S-off.

Sent from my Evita

Hey tim, i am SO stoked to see that this has been released.. just having some issues getting through the process, the usb drivers are updated, the adb connection is working, i tested the connection before running rumrunner, the phone itself resets through the first test, it loads into fastboot, then resets a second time into android os, at which point it has the error 'must ferment longer.... must sanitize, skunky rum is nasty. hold please...' then it just says press enter to exit :( no s off.. i am ruing kickroidXL v3.0.0 which runs adroid 4.2.2 sense 5.0 and obviously im on hboot 2.15. perhaps if i restore my original system image i will have some more luck?
attached is a screenshot of my rumrunner shell

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
You could try restoring your backup, or flashing back to an Android 4.1 ROM and attempt it again. I'm not sure whether either of those will help but it's worth a shot. If you don't have any luck you can contact the guys for support on freenode or andirc.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: st3wy

st3wy

Aug 30, 2012
Perth
You could try restoring your backup, or flashing back to an Android 4.1 ROM and attempt it again. I'm not sure whether either of those will help but it's worth a shot. If you don't have any luck you can contact the guys for support on freenode or andirc.

Sent from my Evita

yeah i flashed back to my original rom and still no luck.. ill have to hit those guys up. thanks for your advice.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Sent from my Evita

not having any luck on andric.. cant seem to find any rooms with anyone in them.

dubbz82

Jul 15, 2013
cool....I already have S-Off, but this looks to be even easier than the previous method (though even that wasn't very difficult). Glad to see more options out there for achieving S-Off.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
yeah i flashed back to my original rom and still no luck.. ill have to hit those guys up. thanks for your advice.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

not having any luck on andric.. cant seem to find any rooms with anyone in them.

Did you end up having any success with this?

Sent from my Evita

gr546jmn5

Mar 22, 2013
Errored out

must sanitize, skunky rum is nasty
hold please..............................................
[************************************************************]
Rebooting into bootloader (again)
Waiting for fastboot (8/120)
FATAL: Download updated package at

I'm on CM 10.2 nightly 10-26-13
I never was able to get s-off using the facepalm method either.

I'm on an at&t evita, so I used the universal package.

Last edited:

st3wy

Aug 30, 2012
Perth
Negative

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Did you end up having any success with this?

Sent from my Evita

That's a negative tim

st3wy

Aug 30, 2012
Perth
Tried it on kickdroid 3.0 to no avail, so flashes old backup of my stock 4.2.2 sense 5 Rom, still no luck

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm guessing you couldn't get a hold of the guys on freenode or andirc. I had someone earlier who it took a few attempts for it to work. So you've only attempted it on Android 4.2.2 ROMs? Have you tried with an Android 4.1 / Sense 4 ROM?

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: st3wy

st3wy

Aug 30, 2012
Perth
I'm guessing you couldn't get a hold of the guys on freenode or andirc. I had someone earlier who it took a few attempts for it to work. So you've only attempted it on Android 4.2.2 ROMs? Have you tried with an Android 4.1 / Sense 4 ROM?

Sent from my Evita

Can I downgrade to a 4.1 stock from a 4.2?

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Yeah I coukdnt get a hold of anyone. I'll try it tomorrow, good idea man, thanks hey

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Rumrunner S-off.

Sent from my Evita
    Your CID is still TELST001 because you've never gotten SuperCID. Rumrunner gives you s-off but it doesn't change your CID. Now that you have s-off you can change your CID manually as many times as you want by using this command:

Code:
    fastboot oem writecid xxxxxxxx

The x's there represent the new CID, if you want SuperCID it will be 11111111 (eight 1's).

Sent from my Evita
    If someone on XDA helps you please press the thanks button on any post that was helpful. It's better than just saying thanks.

Sent from my Evita
    You can revert the phone to s-on status by giving the following fastboot command:

Code:
    fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

Sent from my Evita
    I'm not angry but I'm certainly not going to go and find the link for you when you can do it yourself. Surely you can navigate to the general section and find a thread on your own.

Sent from my Evita