5,601,223 Members 58,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S-off HELP!!!! Been up all night!! Losing my mind.

Tip us?

Ohschit
Old
(Last edited by Ohschit; 24th November 2013 at 06:23 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
Default S-off HELP!!!! Been up all night!! Losing my mind.

Its been 7 hours, time to ask for help. My wife cracked her rezound so bought one on Ebay. Both of us have had rooted rezounds for about 2 years (both s-off), keep getting "can't find a seat", install device and drivers", and "critical error" messages while trying juopunut (however you spell it) s-off. Have installed: HTC sync, adb manager (SDK blah blah blah), and all the "all in one tools" I can find. Going crazy. Currently unlocked bootloader, AmonRa, and installed super Su. Phone is stock as hell and still on gingerbread (scared to update to ics through verizon ota update cause i dont trust verizon or their firmware. I am totally lost. Please help.

Sent from my Rezound on Tachyon using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

REV3NT3CH
Old
(Last edited by REV3NT3CH; 24th November 2013 at 10:09 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohschit View Post
Its been 7 hours, time to ask for help. My wife cracked her rezound so bought one on Ebay. Both of us have had rooted rezounds for about 2 years (both s-off), keep getting "can't find a seat", install device and drivers", and "critical error" messages while trying juopunut (however you spell it) s-off. Have installed: HTC sync, adb manager (SDK blah blah blah), and all the "all in one tools" I can find. Going crazy. Currently unlocked bootloader, AmonRa, and installed super Su. Phone is stock as hell and still on gingerbread (scared to update to ics through verizon ota update cause i dont trust verizon or their firmware. I am totally lost. Please help.

refer to my s-off guide here in the rezound q&a forums...the windows version.which im assuming your trying to use was ONLY meant for ICS and was removed because the windows version hard bricked one too many devices

Edit: as you are on gingerbread that too was produced by verizon and htc....same as pure stock ics....you can also get a non verizon sense based ics rom on here which runs much better than verizons gingerbread or ics
Samsung Relay 4g
Rom: [4.4.2] [Unofficial] LiquidSmooth v3.0 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
HTC REZOUND
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 (Masque Of The Red Death) HBOOT: 2.28 Unlocked S-Off Radios: 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r

Donations are never expected but i will always fully appreciate and give thanks for them
The Following User Says Thank You to REV3NT3CH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ohschit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
You think it would be easier to s-off with or without taking the OTA update?

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 347

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You think it would be easier to s-off with or without taking the OTA update?

You don't really have a choice here... You have Amon Ra (a custom recovery) so even if you take the OTA it won't install, OTA updates require a stock recovery.

The Windows S-OFF method will only work with ICS (there was no GB version), so you could install the 3.14.605.12 RUU first (this will give you a stable ICS version installed), but with the messages you are getting it sounds like you have a driver or USB issue, or perhaps Fastboot enabled (not the same as fastboot from the bootloader) or USB Debugging not turned on.

Be very cautious with the Windows ControlBear, @REV3NT3CH is correct, it was removed because it bricked a lot of phones, it was never stable... it works for most people, but there are circumstances that if put together correctly will brick you device permanently. You could try the Linux method, it is the only official way and there is a GB version on http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm that will work with your device.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk ROM Official)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (CarbonROM KitKat)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
The Following User Says Thank You to acejavelin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Snuzzo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5503

DONATE TO ME
TBH, I'd not even bother. I'd look into seeing why ADB/Fastboot doesn't work right. First I'd uninstall HTC Sync (should have been called HTC Stync LOL).

What do you get when you cross a cow with a lion?
One really messed up situation!
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuzzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ohschit
Old
(Last edited by Ohschit; 24th November 2013 at 08:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
You don't really have a choice here... You have Amon Ra (a custom recovery) so even if you take the OTA it won't install, OTA updates require a stock recovery.

The Windows S-OFF method will only work with ICS (there was no GB version), so you could install the 3.14.605.12 RUU first (this will give you a stable ICS version installed), but with the messages you are getting it sounds like you have a driver or USB issue, or perhaps Fastboot enabled (not the same as fastboot from the bootloader) or USB Debugging not turned on.

Be very cautious with the Windows ControlBear, @REV3NT3CH is correct, it was removed because it bricked a lot of phones, it was never stable... it works for most people, but there are circumstances that if put together correctly will brick you device permanently. You could try the Linux method, it is the only official way and there is a GB version on http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm that will work with your device.
Okay, well, here is where I get confused. When I s-off'd 2 years ago it was on gingerbread and I still have the old juopunutbear program so in theory everything should be the same. To my knowledge, I can't figure out a way to toggle debugging on GB. Oh, can anyone link me to (literally) from start to finish, every single download I will need to successfully s-off given the specs that I've provided that I'm working with? I would appreciate it more than you know because I must be doing something wrong. Thanks!!

kcipopnevets
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Default If I may chime in...

Would it be okay if I were to dualboot a Linux image on my Windows PC to perform S-OFF? There wouldn't be any command errors or extra precautions, right?

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 347

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Okay, well, here is where I get confused. When I s-off'd 2 years ago it was on gingerbread and I still have the old juopunutbear program so in theory everything should be the same. To my knowledge, I can't figure out a way to toggle debugging on GB. Oh, can anyone link me to (literally) from start to finish, every single download I will need to successfully s-off given the specs that I've provided that I'm working with? I would appreciate it more than you know because I must be doing something wrong. Thanks!!

USB Debugging in GB is under Settings, Applications, Development if I recall right.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk ROM Official)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (CarbonROM KitKat)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
The Following User Says Thank You to acejavelin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ohschit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
OK, so it would have worked if I did the wire trick right but I failed. Now I'm stuck at juopunutbear arrow screen however, I can still get into fastboot. Now what?

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcipopnevets View Post
Would it be okay if I were to dualboot a Linux image on my Windows PC to perform S-OFF? There wouldn't be any command errors or extra precautions, right?
yes its ok to dualboot...thats my setup and works fine...i suggest using 32 bit version of linux as that is what is recommended....my guide on here gives perfect step by step instructions for it
Samsung Relay 4g
Rom: [4.4.2] [Unofficial] LiquidSmooth v3.0 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
HTC REZOUND
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 (Masque Of The Red Death) HBOOT: 2.28 Unlocked S-Off Radios: 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r

Donations are never expected but i will always fully appreciate and give thanks for them

The Following User Says Thank You to REV3NT3CH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]