Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,968 Members 42,854 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just bought a iRola DX752 7" tablet

Tip us?

eCottage
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet Just bought a iRola DX752 7" tablet

I want to build a android 4.4 kernel for my iRola DX752 7" tablet (formerly known as a Kocasco M752) using Eclipse ADT etc. but I am practically a newbee at this. I figure if I brick it I am only out $50. It currently runs Android 4.2.2 with system updates that I can't count on bringing me up to more current releases, and it runs a Rockchip RK2926 Cortex-A9 CPU with 512MB RAM, 2GB internal SD and a 16GB external SD card.

I have rooted a smart phone without bricking it, but that was with a couple three premade kernels to update with and can not find any for this make or model tablet.

erickr13
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Cloud Search Tablet

Well my friend.. I can help you with that but just a single question.. Is the tablet good? No problems at all? If is good I will buy and we can make even ROMs together...

Just tell me if the tablet is good and what problems you encountered using it.

Epicrean
Old
Thanks Meter 0
does this thing come unlocked? How hard is it to root and is there any roms?

egomez7737
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default irola

Let me know if you make a ROM. I want to buy this tablet but it seems like it lags and its slow on the stock 4.2.2 ROM.

blong78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Very nice tablet

I purchased two for my kids and one came in the other day. I am very surprised about how well it is made. It doesn't feel like a cheap tablet. I would also be interested in a custom rom for this as well.

lexena
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by blong78 View Post
I purchased two for my kids and one came in the other day. I am very surprised about how well it is made. It doesn't feel like a cheap tablet. I would also be interested in a custom rom for this as well.
I ordered one for my daughter for Christmas. It is still in it's original packaging and I was lurking here to see if anyone had ideas for rooting it. From the specs it seems to have decent hardware so I am confident that it should perform well even though we haven't tried it out yet. I gave her one of my older Viewsonic tablets that's rooted and with a custom ROM. I may buy another one of these iRola tablets if I like the core stock install and then I will join you in creating some root magic for it..

sirbonesalot
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet im trying to install windows 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickr13 View Post
Well my friend.. I can help you with that but just a single question.. Is the tablet good? No problems at all? If is good I will buy and we can make even ROMs together...

Just tell me if the tablet is good and what problems you encountered using it.

If you are seriously thinking of rooting this hit me up we can work together. That makes 3 of us working on it. I was trying to hack it to install windows 8.

outerpip
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Did anyone get anywhere with this tablet? Mine came in this morning. It's a little sluggish, but I have decent hopes for it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

dsellers2
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Has this development went any further? I'd also be happy to test or help build in any way that I can.

siranodos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I just got one of these

I just got one of these for my daughter, but it has the Jellybean that has trouble with Wifi... it won't connect to my home Wifi router at all, and drops the connection regularly at work.

So, I want to get a different version of Android on this thing. Has anyone succeeded yet?

I doubt it's the hardware, as I have friends who had the same problem on their phones until they upgraded their version of Android.