4.3 Update for T-Mobile M919 ~ DO NOT UPDATE IF...

OP Tunasty

4th December 2013, 02:28 AM   |  #151  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 39

385 posts
More
Alright guys, I need your help. I have the M919UVUEMK2 baseband version running 4.3 on a SGH-M919 model.

I followed this link - http://true-android.blogspot.com/201...xy-s4-sgh.html - and was able to achieve root. I confirmed it with a couple of apps.

Next I tried to install clockwork mod recovery using ROM Manager. After it flashed, and when I booted into recovery, I got a message saying that root privileges have been lost. Fix? I chose yes. After rebooting, when I launched SU app, it said that there was no su binaries installed and that I should manually root again.

What is happening? What do I do if I want to flash a new ROM?

Update: I redid the rooting procedure. Odin showed PASS, but there was no Su app in the apps list. I am unable to obtain root privileges for any of the apps. I am able to get to CWM. Would it help if I flashed this ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hp?t=2532714)?

Could someone please help?
Last edited by ashwinmudigonda; 4th December 2013 at 03:09 AM.
4th December 2013, 07:08 PM   |  #152  
Flag fort worth texas
Thanks Meter: 7

70 posts
More
I rooted using cf-autoroot by chaimfire and it worked perfectly no problems.
4th December 2013, 07:10 PM   |  #153  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 39

385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermmanuel

I rooted using cf-autoroot by chaimfire and it worked perfectly no problems.

I ended up flashing the SU zip and that worked.
4th December 2013, 07:18 PM   |  #154  
Flag fort worth texas

70 posts
More
I'm still wondering if I can flash any cm ROMs though ..jump the boat too quick on that update D
5th December 2013, 05:19 PM   |  #155  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,741

2,145 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm still wondering if I can flash any cm ROMs though ..jump the boat too quick on that update D

Yes you can

S4 is poppin!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tunasty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th December 2013, 06:41 PM   |  #156  
Flag fort worth texas

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunasty

Yes you can

S4 is poppin!

I though since the bootloaders were lock on 4.3 which I updated ...that it could brick the phone ..I'm new to lock bootloaders lol
6th December 2013, 10:13 PM   |  #157  
Thanks Meter: 13

183 posts
Quote:

I though since the bootloaders were lock on 4.3 which I updated ...that it could brick the phone ..I'm new to lock bootloaders lol

I'm pretty certain you can load a custom recovery (which you have) and a new ROM but your KNOX counter will trip. In fact, it should have already tripped with the custom recovery - when you boot do you get the yellow triangle and something to the effect that "your device has been modified..."

If so, that is the KNOX counter and that is the big deal with the MK2/locked bootloader - it technically voids your warranty and nobody is certain if Samsung/your carrier will provide you technical support or a replacement device under those circumstances. I'm pretty sure you're already in that situation though so a custom ROM load should not be a problem. You can always ODIN back to MK2 stock (but as always, no guarantees, your mileage may vary and you could own an expensive paperweight).
The Following User Says Thank You to rkrasny For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2013, 10:42 PM   |  #158  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 292

1,280 posts
More
Quote:

Bootloader is not locked worse thing u could do is trip the Knox counter and void ur warranty but u won't brick ur phone I updated str8 from Samsung T-mobile to 4.3 then rooted it and flashed cwm latest recovery and been able to flash everything like always no problems so if u don't care about warranty u could do the same thing as before with the new bootloader

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to gdmlaz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th December 2013, 03:18 AM   |  #159  
Flag fort worth texas

70 posts
More
Thumbs up
Sweet thank you guys. I don't care about the warranty I was just worrie it would brick
10th December 2013, 12:23 PM   |  #160  
Thanks Meter: 32

842 posts
So if I buy a new S4 that comes with 4.3 I got stuck with Knox if I root the phone?

Sent from my SGH-T999

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread