Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ONLY FOR MDL BOOTLOADER] How to use 4.3 MK2 Modem and Retain Sound

Tip us?

shiamatsu
Old
(Last edited by shiamatsu; 6th December 2013 at 05:13 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 189
Default [ONLY FOR MDL BOOTLOADER] How to use 4.3 MK2 Modem and Retain Sound

Note: This is for 4.2.2 MDL bootloader only! Not for 4.3 MK2 bootloader!
Note2: A 4.3 bootloader looks like this (i9505 is same as our phone):
KNOX kernel lock and KNOX warranty void are the new things in the 4.3 bootloader that can break warranty easily via CF-Auto-Root.

So just now I remembered something from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2253528
To sum up, it says that the LTE Modem from 4.3 (MK2) would break sound. So to avoid that, just use the LTE modem from MDL and the GSM modem from MK2. I tried it and it works!

How to:
1. Download this zip: https://www.mediafire.com/?7tj2smth2vp1b7m
2. Extract the files inside the zip into anywhere you want, as long you remember where it is.
3. Put your phone into download mode (vol down+home)
4. Open odin, click on phone, select Modem_UVUAMDL.tar, untick auto-reboot, and press start.
5. When the install finishes, manually reboot it back to download mode.
6. Using odin again, click on phone, select modem.bin, untick auto-reboot, and press start.
7. When finished, reboot and you're done!
If you already have the MDL modem installed, just ignore steps 4 and 5.

To revert to MDL, skip steps 5-7 and only flash Modem_UVUAMDL.tar.

Credits to: @j_r0dd for the 4.3 modem, @mrvirginia for the 4.2.2 modem, and the devs over at the i9505 section for figuring out the trick
The Following 79 Users Say Thank You to shiamatsu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gdmlaz
Old
Thanks Meter 276
If this works you are ****ing awesome lol

Question ??? Have you tried putting the phone to sleep in 4g mode on a 4.3 tw rom ??? or does it lose date like before ????

epsix
Old
Thanks Meter 240

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiamatsu View Post
So just now I remembered something from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2253528
To sum up, it says that the LTE Modem from 4.3 (MK2) would break sound. So to avoid that, just use the LTE modem from MD8 and the GSM modem from MK2. I tried it and it works!

How to:
2. Extract the files inside the zip into anywhere you want, as long you remember where it is.
4. Open odin, click on phone, select Modem_UVUAMDL.tar, untick auto-reboot, and press start.
6. Using odin again, click on phone, select modem.bin, untick auto-reboot, and press start.
Finger cross

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to epsix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shiamatsu
Old
(Last edited by shiamatsu; 26th November 2013 at 11:07 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 189
Dang it.
The Following User Says Thank You to shiamatsu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gdmlaz
Old
(Last edited by gdmlaz; 26th November 2013 at 10:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
Will do a test now.
Crosses fingers..... Thinking about it I don't think this will work since we are basically staying with our old 2g/3g/4g Modem and just flashing the new LTE MODEM..... Our problem is the 2g/3g/4g modem which is the one that loses data when the screen is off our LTE modem works just fine

I HOPE I'M WRONG THO LOL

mrvirginia
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2597

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
To sum up, it says that the LTE Modem from 4.3 (MK2) would break sound. So to avoid that, just use the LTE modem from MD8 and the GSM modem from MK2. I tried it and it works!

How to:

Credits to: @j_r0dd for the 4.3 modem @mrvirginia for the 4.2.2 modem
hahahaha thanks mate! i thought i was going crazy for a second and that i was the only one with no sound!
Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 running VirginROM / Apollyon
MotoX XT1053 running personal dev build
Kahvitahra's mods || SGS2 GingerWay_BlueOcean Theme || GNex battery mod thread || S3 Virgin Theme

philliman
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvirginia View Post
hahahaha thanks mate! i thought i was going crazy for a second and that i was the only one with no sound!
I have sound using the 4.3 modem and baseband on a 4.3 leak. No data drops either

gdmlaz
Old
(Last edited by gdmlaz; 26th November 2013 at 11:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by philliman View Post
I have sound using the 4.3 modem and baseband on a 4.3 leak. No data drops either
you tried putting it on 4g mode and turning the screen off ?? Waiting on CWM to restore my backup to try it out also I really hope this works

Just tried it..... Doing this lets you make phone calls but DATA DROPS ARE STILL THERE WHEN USING A 4.3 TW ROM Blahhhh

shiamatsu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdmlaz View Post
you tried putting it on 4g mode and turning the screen off ?? Waiting on CWM to restore my backup to try it out also I really hope this works

Just tried it..... Doing this lets you make phone calls but DATA DROPS ARE STILL THERE WHEN USING A 4.3 TW ROM Blahhhh
Aw man.
The Following User Says Thank You to shiamatsu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

philliman
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdmlaz View Post

Yup, no data loss here. Even sent test text and email using my wife's s4