Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,447 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Safestrap 3.65 and CyanogenMod 10.2

Tip us?

Grija
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Angry [Q] Safestrap 3.65 and CyanogenMod 10.2

Hi Guys,

I have a few questions about cyanogenmod, safestrap, and the lovely ATT MF3 bootlocker that is ruining my day. By the way, thanks for all the information you all give, it's helped me understand this process. Even though many people don't post, I'm sure they're glad to have your opinions as well. I have an ATT MF3 SGH-I337. I'm trying to install Cyanogenmod 10.2 using safestrap 3.65. I run into difficulty when I install the 10.2 zip file on the second partition. I've installed the kernel module and was able to successfully install 10.2 (according to SafeStrap), however when I restarted my phone it simply sat on the "Samsung Galaxy S4" screen. It was only soft bricked and I was able to reinstall the stock ROM. I'm about to start the entire process over and I thought that it would be really nice to get an expert opinion on where I'm going wrong.

I have a few questions:
1. Does CyanogenMod 10.2 work with Safestrap 3.65? If not, will 10.1?
2. Should I also install the kernel module on my stock partition?
3. Is there any way that I can limit the stock partition to barely usable? I plan on going Cyano and never looking back.

Thanks in advance,
Grija

Grija
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I ended up getting SafeStrap on my phone, but I still can't get cyanogenmod on there. Also, my phone's 4G on the stock rom isn't working, despite having the kernel modules.

Any thoughts?

Grija
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grija View Post
I ended up getting SafeStrap on my phone, but I still can't get cyanogenmod on there. Also, my phone's 4G on the stock rom isn't working, despite having the kernel modules.

Any thoughts?
Alright, I've got the modem back. I had to Odin my modem (phone) and CSC. This killed the settings I just set up, but it did fix the modem issue. Back to Cyanogenmod.

I should just be grabbing the latest RC, installing a new virtual ROM, applying the kernals, and flashing the ZIP... correct?

Thanks,
Brandon