Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 41,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

*[Google UPDATE] [Q] [Play Store] Error 403, unique problem

Tip us?

paradoxiumwind
Old
(Last edited by paradoxiumwind; 25th December 2013 at 01:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Question *[Google UPDATE] [Q] [Play Store] Error 403, unique problem

Google says this issue is this: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/4430885
And there's pretty much nothing we or they can do but watch that page for updates.

My error 403 issue isn't like others that I have found from searching, allow me to explain...

I had two accounts on my device. One of the accounts had paid apps.

I have since abandoned that account, and installed numerous new ROMs on my phone, using only the other account as my now primary account

Now, the second account seems to think it has access to the paid apps that the other account purchased.

This means I can not download them, because it throws error 403 at me. Instead of showing "Purchase" as it should, it shows "Install".

This is even visible when I access the Play Store website from my computer, using only the second account.

See here:

And please, do not suggest clearing my play store cache and all that crap, I have tried everything including going back to the stock firmware. The issue exists with my account on Googles end, but I have been back and forth emailing them for 3 weeks now, and it is like talking to a brick wall.

In short, what the frack can I do about this?
Please, if anyone has any real ideas or solutions to this I would be eternally greatful. I really don't want to have to make a whole new google account.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paradoxiumwind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SuperSmashedBro
Old
Thanks Meter 53

DONATE TO ME
I have the exact same problem... I also have 2 accounts and one has paid apps. I can't seem to download the paid apps but I could download anything else

Smart app Studio
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Maybe try to clear data of play app in system settings ->apps.

paradoxiumwind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart app Studio View Post
Maybe try to clear data of play app in system settings ->apps.
Funny. But still can't get google to sort this. Anyone???

jomansch
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSmashedBro View Post
I have the exact same problem... I also have 2 accounts and one has paid apps. I can't seem to download the paid apps but I could download anything else
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxiumwind View Post
Funny. But still can't get google to sort this. Anyone???
i have the same problem...two accounts, one with paid apps, cannot update the paid ones...
found this "solution": push the updates to the phone using the google-account of your computer (google - play - apps - myapps...)
only thing i found up to now that works...

Rei Zazie
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Firstly, some problem for this can be done by checking Google Talk is already signed in or not.. ( I have tried)

Quote:
Make sure your device is logged into Google Talk by following these steps:

1. Go to your device's app launcher, and press the Talk app.
2. If you’re already signed into Talk, press Menu, and then touch Sign out.
3. Launch Talk again to sign in.
Secondly, If the error still occurred, here's a brief explanation directly from Play Store:

Quote:
Quote:
Getting an error message on my device when downloading

There are a few reasons you may be getting a download error for only one app (or for a few select apps):

1. If the app in question is a paid app, sign in to wallet.google.com/manage to confirm that the purchase was successful. "Error 405"
usually indicates that the download failed because payment did not go through.
2. Check the size of the app - if it's larger than 25M, it may be too large for your device's cache partition. Even if you have enough space
free on your device, the cache partition may be preventing you from downloading large apps.
3. If you're getting "Error: Insufficient space," ensure that after downloading the app, you'll have at least 20M of internal storage space
free. If not, you may need to uninstall apps to free up space.

"Error: 495" usually indicates that there's an issue with your connection. Usually it's temporary, but if it persists, please let us know.
Finally, if the error still occurred after those two steps, directly contact Play Store Help via Mail conversation, it can be a long talk since they also 'super busy', you may be replied by google for several hours or even days. But they definitely helpful (My own Experience).

IMPORTANT!
Note that you haven't made any change directly to your Market app in your system, because basically it disturb other gapps and may give you frustrating errors ( again, my own experience )
My Works

***Sword Art Online Theme for Gingerbread and UP***
***Change your WT19i Walkman Button Function***
Sony Ericsson WT19i
Zelly Cream 5.0 - REINCARNATION
Locked Bootloader

paradoxiumwind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei Zazie View Post
Firstly, some problem for this can be done by checking Google Talk is already signed in or not.. ( I have tried)

Secondly, If the error still occurred, here's a brief explanation directly from Play Store:

Finally, if the error still occurred after those two steps, directly contact Play Store Help via Mail conversation, it can be a long talk since they also 'super busy', you may be replied by google for several hours or even days. But they definitely helpful (My own Experience).

IMPORTANT!
Note that you haven't made any change directly to your Market app in your system, because basically it disturb other gapps and may give you frustrating errors ( again, my own experience )
I'm getting the error on the play store website on my computer - as I said, it thinks my account has purchased these apps when it has not - I only have the option to Install them, and when I try, it gives the error in the screenshots in my first post.

I've had to change from some paid apps like titanium backup pro to the ROM Toolbox as an alternative, but I really need Swiftkey fixed.

I'm still talking to google via email.

Sandcrab
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Default Same issue here

I've got the exact same issue on my account also. Google Play support is being no help at all. I've had a ticket open with them for 3 weeks now with 2 emails sent that whole time. I sent them a logcat today to see if they can figure out what is going on. If you get anywhere please post here so we can get this sorted out. It's blocked some of my "must-have" apps so I'm pretty upset about this.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandcrab View Post
I've got the exact same issue on my account also. Google Play support is being no help at all. I've had a ticket open with them for 3 weeks now with 2 emails sent that whole time. I sent them a logcat today to see if they can figure out what is going on. If you get anywhere please post here so we can get this sorted out. It's blocked some of my "must-have" apps so I'm pretty upset about this.
So here's what I found out today after loading a new rom and playing around. I have been adding both of my google accounts when I first setup the new phone. When I do this, I get the 403 error on certain apps. What I ended up doing is clearing all accounts off the phone. Then loaded my original gmail account only. This is the account I originally bought all these apps from. I went ahead and turned off all sync options but I don't think this matters. With only that account setup on the phone, I was able to download and install all the apps. I then loaded my new account and synced everything fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandcrab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ricey1986
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxiumwind View Post
I'm getting the error on the play store website on my computer - as I said, it thinks my account has purchased these apps when it has not - I only have the option to Install them, and when I try, it gives the error in the screenshots in my first post.

I've had to change from some paid apps like titanium backup pro to the ROM Toolbox as an alternative, but I really need Swiftkey fixed.

I'm still talking to google via email.
Did you ever get this sorted?? I am getting this error with Tasker and cant download it, Google Play website is saying it is installed, but it is not.

paradoxiumwind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricey1986 View Post
Did you ever get this sorted?? I am getting this error with Tasker and cant download it, Google Play website is saying it is installed, but it is not.
Nope. The google support person I have been back and forth with this problem for weeks finally told me they would get back to me and have yet to do so. I think I'll send them another reply and ask what is happening with my issue.

It simply seems that they refuse to admit that the bug exists with my actual account and has nothing to do with my phone or anything. The fact that the bug exists on their play store website, accesssed from my computer, should be evidence enough (I even sent the requested screenshots).

So annoying. I can't update swiftkey or any other paid apps because of this.

Tags
crap support, error 403, google, paid apps, play store