XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlocked on Day One...now stuck with S-ON! Help :-/

Tip us?

figaro1418
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Unlocked on Day One...now stuck with S-ON! Help :-/

I've been scouring XDA, looking for a way to get S-Off on my Unlocked/S-ON VZW HTC ONE. I was one of the few who managed to unlock the phone early using HTC DEV. Now I'm stuck with the antiquated firmware, modems, kernels, etc. Can anyone help with this? I'm kind of a noob when it comes to Fastboot....so you may need to steer me toward a walk-through. Thanks in advance

synisterwolf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by figaro1418 View Post
I've been scouring XDA, looking for a way to get S-Off on my Unlocked/S-ON VZW HTC ONE. I was one of the few who managed to unlock the phone early using HTC DEV. Now I'm stuck with the antiquated firmware, modems, kernels, etc. Can anyone help with this? I'm kind of a noob when it comes to Fastboot....so you may need to steer me toward a walk-through. Thanks in advance
ok so what you'll need to do is make sure you have working ADB and Fastboot on you PC and make sure they can see the phone.

First you want to get:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42407269

once you have this loaded on your pc we are going to want to make sure it works. for simplicity im going to this a certain way once you get the hang of paths and how this all works you can choose to do it a different way.

first make a folder on your c drive fastboot
once you have that folder place all the contents of ADB and Fastboot from the link above into the folder.

from windows open up a command prompt. (search CMD.exe)
once opened we want to get to that directory so we type this :

cd c:\

once that is done lets plug phone into the pc

run command

adb devices

(output should look something like this)
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached

C:\>

this means no devices are seen by the pc. This is okay, for now.

with the phone you are going to need to enable develop mode. to do so go to
settings > about > software information > more > click the build number on the screen about 10 times in a row.

if done correctly it will call you a developer in a toast notification.

back all the way out to settings and go to the bottom. you should see developer options now. accept the warrning and get into the options. you will see the option for USB debugging, we want to have this enabled now.

once this is all done run this command from the CMD.exe you had to open above

adb kill-server

then run

adb devices

(output should look something like this)
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
***device name here***

you are now talking to the phone via ADB congrats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antp121
When life gets ya down, just stop, think and remember, "hey, at least i'm not ant". #BlameAnt

figaro1418
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ...next step

Perfect! I'm up and running in adb. Thanks for the great instructions Now what should I flash?

synisterwolf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2069
I'm running bonestock and it's amazing. Haven't found the need to change. It runs awesome, everything works, simply amazing.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 4
Quote:
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.
Quote:
When life gets ya down, just stop, think and remember, "hey, at least i'm not ant". #BlameAnt

karn101
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Why do you say you're stuck with S-On? You can still S-Off, just so you know.

figaro1418
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by karn101 View Post
Why do you say you're stuck with S-On? You can still S-Off, just so you know.
With Rumrunner? It won't work on my unlocked bootloader! I have ADB up and running on my computer, but my computer won't recognize the device in fastboot mode. I'm open to any ideas or advice. Again, I'm kind of a noob to HTC. I used to work with Samsung Phones. I've only recently learned how to work with HTC.

synisterwolf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2069
Lock your bootloader?

Quote:
Quote:

djerk
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Look at the HTC one toolkit by squabbi on the HTC one general forum ,it helped me get root back after taking the ota

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

bloodiedwraith
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I was in the same situation as you in regard to HTC Dev unlocked on day one but still had S-On. What I did was flashed the Odexed Full ROM version: 1.10.605.10 from santod040 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2485319) and then flashed the stock boot.img and signed-recovery.

However, after doing that I had one hell of a time with rumrunner, even though I was using the download for 1.10.605.10. It turns out, even though I was on the stock ROM I flashed above with the correct version my OS was showing 1.10.605.02 because I had one of the weird phones that shipped with that version instead of .08. Luckily for me since I had the stock boot.img and signed-recovery, I just did the OTA update to 1.10.605.15 and then used rumrunner for that version.

Also, no you don't need to lock your bootloader before doing that. I didn't.

karn101
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodiedwraith View Post
I was in the same situation as you in regard to HTC Dev unlocked on day one but still had S-On. What I did was flashed the Odexed Full ROM version: 1.10.605.10 from santod040 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2485319) and then flashed the stock boot.img and signed-recovery.

However, after doing that I had one hell of a time with rumrunner, even though I was using the download for 1.10.605.10. It turns out, even though I was on the stock ROM I flashed above with the correct version my OS was showing 1.10.605.02 because I had one of the weird phones that shipped with that version instead of .08. Luckily for me since I had the stock boot.img and signed-recovery, I just did the OTA update to 1.10.605.15 and then used rumrunner for that version.

Also, no you don't need to lock your bootloader before doing that. I didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf View Post
Lock your bootloader?

Quote:
With Rumrunner? It won't work on my unlocked bootloader! I have ADB up and running on my computer, but my computer won't recognize the device in fastboot mode. I'm open to any ideas or advice. Again, I'm kind of a noob to HTC. I used to work with Samsung Phones. I've only recently learned how to work with HTC.
I had mine unlocked on day one as well. When RomRunner came out, I was able to run it just fine (unlocked).

Are you on a stock ROM? You can always make a backup, move those files to your computer, RUU to be completely stock, and then run RomRunner.

Once that's done, just bring over your backup and restore it in recovery.