New Hp Slate 7 Intel cpu 1800la

OP konnspiracy

29th November 2013, 09:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

184 posts
So my wife comes home giggling about how I'm gonna love this new toy she bought me from her black Friday spending spree.

This is what she brings home,

http://androidcommunity.com/hp-mesqu...iday-20131127/

89$ tablet with an intel single core with HT, and I have to admit it is
really snappy and I'm very happy with the build quality. For 89$ this is a game changer for sure.

So I'm currently trying to root with shuame, no success as of yet. I'm using Koush's generic Adb drivers since Hp has nothing on its own device.

Gets 100mflops on linpack and I will put up more benchmarks later.

If anybody has this device and wants to start please feel free.
30th November 2013, 12:10 AM   |  #2  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
More
I was lucky enough to get the last one at my local Walmart this morning at 7am.... couldn't believe that there was still one left 13 hours later.

I am also impressed with its snappiness and build quality all for $89!

Running into a lot of compatibility issues trying to install apps from the playstore. So I came over here to see what my options are.
I am hoping to maybe follow a similar route as I did with my HP Touchpad, which is still running strong.

Thanks for any info!!
30th November 2013, 01:19 AM   |  #3  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
More
Here is a link to the bench mark test that I ran -
browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/2372924
30th November 2013, 01:20 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

184 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxcyguy617

I was lucky enough to get the last one at my local Walmart this morning at 7am.... couldn't believe that there was still one left 13 hours later.

I am also impressed with its snappiness and build quality all for $89!

Running into a lot of compatibility issues trying to install apps from the playstore. So I came over here to see what my options are.
I am hoping to maybe follow a similar route as I did with my HP Touchpad, which is still running strong.

Thanks for any info!!

No root as of yet.

I have noticed some apps that say they are not compatible in the market.

I have purchased weather bug elite and it said not compatible, but i downloaded it from a 3rd party and it worked just fine. When I figure out the adb drivers and get a stable root, I'm gonna change the build prop to something more common.
30th November 2013, 01:25 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

184 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxcyguy617

Here is a link to the bench mark test that I ran -
browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/2372924

Its right on the heels of the Samsung Nexus 10. If we can get some kernel support we could get some more power out of that intel chip. Hell Kit Kat is 64 bit and this is a 64 bit processor.

Also did you get an ota update?
30th November 2013, 08:15 AM   |  #6  
Flag Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
Thanks Meter: 29

316 posts
More
bought one just earlier from my local Walmart, surprising there was 7 left in the closet.

noticed this is HP Tablet 7 1800 with Single Core w/ Intel Atom Z2460 processor x86,
the one sold most places like Staples are 2800 with Rear Camera and Dual Core Processor cost $30-40 more.

wonder what are the chances Developers will make a Port for Kit Kat for this Tablet 7 1800, which seems to be ONLY sold in Walmart. Different from Slate 7 series
Last edited by ekoandrew; 30th November 2013 at 08:27 AM.
30th November 2013, 06:29 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

184 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekoandrew

bought one just earlier from my local Walmart, surprising there was 7 left in the closet.

noticed this is HP Tablet 7 1800 with Single Core w/ Intel Atom Z2460 processor x86,
the one sold most places like Staples are 2800 with Rear Camera and Dual Core Processor cost $30-40 more.

wonder what are the chances Developers will make a Port for Kit Kat for this Tablet 7 1800, which seems to be ONLY sold in Walmart. Different from Slate 7 series

Right now we need to work on rooting this tablet so we can mess with governors and such. Also finding an update.zip would also be nice for when we brick anything.

Edit:

I have successfully got the adb drivers to work and can connect to the tablet through adb. no luck with any scripts yet though.
Last edited by konnspiracy; 30th November 2013 at 08:08 PM.
30th November 2013, 08:15 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

11 posts
I'm surprised so many people are liking it.
30th November 2013, 10:11 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

184 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroins

I'm surprised so many people are liking it.

Well it does everything it needs to very well. My only complaint would be the screen is sub par compared to the clarity of my galaxy s3 amoled screen, and the only camera is the front vga one.
1st December 2013, 03:12 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
Rooted - hp 7 1800
i too have picked up the hp 7 on black friday i also managed to root it yesterday as well im including what i have done to get root. havent fully tested it out yet but i have installed busybox x as well . Checked with RootChecker

as for restoreing i have found the Update.zip on the Hp Site
Update.zip ( http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwa...8-1/update.zip )

i take no credit for any of this work other then just TRYING others work

real credit goes to jcase
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541398

with SuperSU 1.80 (Play Store)

if you looking for busybox i did manage to get BusyBox X (Play Store) to install
Last edited by kzerafa; 1st December 2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Factory Restore Update.zip

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kzerafa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread