[APP][DRIVER] XCam LG v5.1.2 [G2]

OP xdabbeb

30th November 2013, 02:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,326

727 posts
Donate to Me
XCam LG

!!! PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE PROCEEDING !!!

My goal for this application was to create a more flexible camera solution for LG phones. The camera hardware itself is very capable, but LG didn't necessarily take full advantage of it with their software. This app extends the capabilities of the camera and offers increased control/quality.

*For instructions on the use of the XCam LG Settings donation app, please see the 2nd post.

*This is ONLY for stock or stock-based firmware (the version of Android that LG provides).

*If you have a Rooted device and are interested in the advanced camera driver/binaries I have created or the version of XCam LG made specifically for this, see the 3rd post.

How to Install XCam LG:
Quote:

1. Make sure you have turned on the option for "Unknown Source" under Settings > General > Securtiy.
  2. Download the latest version of XCam LG HERE while using your phone. When the download has finished, pull down your notification tray and select the XCamLG.apk file. If you can't find it, go to "Downloads" listed in your app drawer and select the XCamLG.apk file from there. This will start the install process. If you are running firmware that has the Advanced Driver Package installed (rooted devices only), you will likely want the version of XCam LG located in the 3rd post, as it has the option for Magic Foucs shotmode.
  3. If you wish to support development and gain additional functionality, please consider purchasing the XCam LG Settings app from the play store HERE. For details on the options within this companion app, see the 2nd post.
  4. Due to changes Google made in Android 4.4.x (KitKat), if you want to save photos to your external SD Card you will need to install and run NextApp's SDFix (requires root access). After you restart your phone the external option should work without issue.
  5. Due to limitations of the stock LG G2 camera driver, the 120fps (slow-motion) video is VERY dark and the 4k UHD video mode doesn't work properly. This has nothing to do with XCam. If your device is rooted you can install the advanced driver packge (3rd post) that I put together which resolves these issue and adds other enhancements/features. If you don't want to install the full driver package, but still want 4k UHD to work properly, you can just flash an updated media_profiles.xml file HERE.

What to do if you have a problem:
Quote:

1. Gather as much information as possible on how to reproduce the issue.
  2. If the application is force closing, get a full logcat that shows the error/problem. Here is an excellent tutorial on how to get one. There are also apps such as CatLog available in the play store that allow you to capture this on your device.
  3. Post very clear/exact steps to reproduce the problem here along with any pertinent log files or email them to info@bellabytes.com.

Changelog:
Quote:

Version 5.1.2:

• BugFix: FC in Shot and Clear photo mode
  • Slightly improved quality in a few shot modes
Version 5.1.1:
  • BugFix: FC when selecting Help in Photo mode
  • Bypass Video mode popup for Sprint users
Version 5.1.0:
  • Support for XCam LG Settings donation app (available in Play Store)
    • Control Jpeg Compression Level (Quality), Contrast, Saturation (stock G2 camera driver only) and Sharpness.
    • Control minimum shutter speed for Burst Shot, Intelligent Auto, Night, Normal and Sports photo modes.
    • Control other camera features such as the audio noise Gate, automatic night mode, focus Lock/video recording sounds, etc.
  • Redesigned icon
  • Sports mode now set at min 1/30 shutter speed
Version 5.0.0:
  • Initial release of completely new app
  • NEW Lightframe/flash mode for front camera
  • NEW Sports mode revamped
    • Set at min 1/24 shutter speed
    • For now, if you don't open the camera in Sports mode, you will need to toggle between IA mode and back to Sports to enable this faster shutter (you can also toggle between video and back)
  • Normal mode now bypasses the automatic switch to night mode in low light (and the corresponding multi-frame smoothed/nr photo).
  • Improved image quality across the board

Donations are always welcome!

Please provide any feedback pertaining to bugs or feature requests as I'll be actively working on this project.

Devs: Due to the fact that this mod is available as a normal apk install, there is no need for and I do not authorize it to be included in ANY roms/firmware. It creates confusion for people installing it and fragments any reporting of problems. You can direct them to this thread to install the latest version. Please feel free to use the binaries/driver packages I have created, however. If you do so, you must put a credit in your OP. Though it should go without saying, I do not approve of any use/copying of the code/methods contained herein for your own app/mod.

XDA:DevDB Information
XCam LG, App for the LG G2

Contributors
xdabbeb

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 5.1.2
Stable Release Date: 2013-11-29

Created 2014-06-20
Last Updated 2014-10-03
Last edited by xdabbeb; 19th June 2014 at 03:57 PM.
The Following 609 Users Say Thank You to xdabbeb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2013, 02:09 AM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Developer

727 posts
Donate to Me
XCam LG Settings Donation App

This app provides something extra for those who choose to donate and support development on XCam LG. It allows on-the-fly configuration of many aspects of the camera that were previously unavailable.

*This is ONLY for stock or stock-based firmware (the version of Android that LG provides).

How to Install XCam LG Settings:
Quote:

1. Download the latest version of XCam LG Settings from the Google Play Store HERE. This will start the install process.
  2. If you want to test early releases, join the XCam LG Settings Google+ community and then follow the link found there to become a tester.
  3. If your phone/model shows as currently unsupported, please get in touch with me.

Quote:

1. Gather as much information as possible on how to reproduce the issue.
  2. If the application is force closing, get a full logcat that shows the error/problem. Here is an excellent tutorial on how to make one. There are also apps such as CatLog available in the play store that allow you to capture this on your device.
  3. Post very clear/exact steps to reproduce the problem here along with any pertinent log files or email them to info@bellabytes.com.

How to Use XCam LG Settings:
Quote:

1. Image Control:
    • Quality: Change the jpeg compression level from 0 (high compression/small file size) to 100 (lowest compression/largest file size)
    • Contrast: Change the pre-processing contrast level from 0 (lowest) to 10 (highest)
    • Saturation: Change the pre-processing saturation level from 0 (greyscale) to 10 (highly saturated). This option is only available using the stock G2 driver.
    • Sharpness: Change the pre-processing sharpness level from 0 (lowest) to 36 (highest)
  2. Shutter Control:
    • Burst/IA/Night/Normal/Sports: Change the minimum shutter speed for the corresponding shotmode. This is useful if you want to capture faster-moving subjects in lower light situations and don't want the camera to automatically shift to it's slowest possible shutter speed (~ 1/7 sec). Keep in mind that increasing this speed obviously means darker photos. Some interesting results can be achieved by leaving "Auto Night Mode" (described in next section) enabled while setting the minimum shutter speed of Normal mode to 1/30. The multiple exposures of night mode and the corresponding noise reduction still kick in, but the focus time is improved. Due to edge issues these photos are best if cropped.
  3. General Settings:
    • Audio Noise Gate: Toggle LG's audio noise gate while recording video ON/OFF. This allows control over the sometimes objectionable "underwater audio" effect.
    • Stereo Mics: Toggle between stereo (ON) and mono (OFF)
    • Audio Rec Check: Toggle the check for another app using the microphone ON/OFF. This can alleviate the "Cannot start recording while another application is using audio" message encountered when the "OK Google" Detection from any screen option is enabled under Google Now. Keep in mind that this is enabled for a reason, and that videos recorded while this check is bypassed may stutter slightly.
    • Auto Night Mode: Toggle the automatic drop into Night Shotmode ON/OFF.
    • Chroma Flash: Toggle chroma flash ON/OFF
    • Focus Lock Sound: Toggle the sound heard when touch focus locks ON/OFF
    • Recording Sound: Toggle the sound heard when starting/stopping video recording ON/OFF
    • Night Mode: Toggle the night shotmode availability under the mode button ON/OFF
    • Sports Mode: Toggle the sports shotmode availability under the mode button ON/OFF

Changelog:
Quote:

Version 1.2.0:

• Add automatic update check for XCam LG app
  • Adjusted min shutter speeds for stock G2 camera driver
  • Fix camera driver quirk that could cause "cannot connect" error after first run of settings app on certain devices.
  • Detailed licensing errors with links to contact Google directly in the event of a problem.
Version 1.1.0:
  • Add stereo/mono microphone option for video
Version 1.0.1:
  • Add support for LG G3
  • Thank you toast only on first run
  • Fix links in Menu > About
Version 1.0.0:
  • Initial release

Last edited by xdabbeb; Today at 11:00 PM.
The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to xdabbeb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2013, 02:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Developer

727 posts
Donate to Me
LG G2 Advanced Camera Driver/Binary Package
!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT OCCUR WHILE INSTALLING/USING THESE DRIVER/BINARY PACKAGES!!! INSTALL THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

These are modified driver/binary packages for the LG G2. They provide performance and quality improvements as well as additional shot modes/features that were originally found in the LG G Pro 2.

*This is ONLY for stock or stock-based roms.

How to Install:
Quote:

1. Peform a full nandroid backup.
  2. If you haven't done step 1, you're on your own! Please don't post here asking what to do if something has gone wrong. If you have a backup, then you're safe.
  3. Download and flash the appropriate binaries package below. If you don't know what your rom/firmware is based on or if they have already included this driver, please contact the maintainer/dev before flashing.

Quote:

1. Get a full logcat that shows the error/problem. Here is an excellent tutorial on how to make one.
  2. Post the logcat along with your full model name and rom version in the Q&A thread.
  3. Restore your backup to get back to stock.
  4. If you didn't make a backup, then unfortunately there's not much I can do to help. There are countless hw/sw combinations out there, and given the constantly changing number of files included in this mod it's not feasible for me to keep a catalog of them all.

Downloads:
Quote:

XCam LG Download:
XCamLG v5.1.2 - For use with Advanced Driver/Binary Package

Camera Driver/Binary Package Downloads:
v1.0.0 - Advanced Driver for G2/GPro2-based roms
v1.0.1 - Advanced Driver for G3-based roms*

* Do not install this on CloudyG3 v2.0. A variant of this driver is already included

Stock G2 Driver from VS98026A w/4kUHD profile support - may not work on all G2 variants

VideoPlayer Downloads:
xdabbeb's videoplayer v1.0.0 - only for stock G2 KK ROMs

Changelog:
Quote:

Version 1.0.0/1:

• Random HDR FC fixed from previous GPro2 binaries
  • LG's blue-shift/blanching in photos has been corrected
  • Improved image quality
  • Improved noise reduction algorithm
  • Iso 50 enabled in high luminance environments
  • Improved auto white-balance decisions

Donations are always welcome!

Please provide any feedback pertaining to bugs or feature requests as I'll be actively working on this project.

Devs: Feel free to use the driver/binary packages I have created. You do not need to ask for permission, but if you use them, you must put a credit in your OP. Though it should go without saying, I do not approve of any use/copying of the code/methods contained herein for your own app/mod.
Last edited by xdabbeb; 13th October 2014 at 04:27 PM.
The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to xdabbeb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2013, 02:33 AM   |  #4  
OP Recognized Developer

727 posts
Donate to Me
Previous Versions
PREVIOUS VERSIONS

Changelog:
Quote:

Version 1.0.0:

• Based on Stock LG 4.3.1 Camera apk and stock libraries
  • Will not interfere with other Camera apps performance
  • Improved low-light photo performance/flexibility
    • Night mode slowest shutter speed of 1/6
    • Normal mode slowest shutter speed of 1/10
    • IA mode slowest shutter speed of 1/15
  • Improved low-light photo focus speed
  • Increased low-light video framerates
    • lowest rate of 24fps (movie quality) when 30fps target rate is selected
    • lowest rate of 15fps when 60fps target rate is selected so user still has option of capturing video in very low-light
  • Disabled regional checks so shutter sound "off" option is available to everyone.
  • JPEG compression/quality at 97
Version 1.1.0:
  • NEW HDR Video Mode
    • Select it from the MODE menu while in video recorder
    • Doesn't do the over-saturated thing the HDR photo mode does, but does increase micro contrast in uneven lighting environments.
    • Will only work in 30fps target mode. If you are in 60fps mode it will kick you down when you select HDR Recording.
  • NEW 1600 ISO Mode
    • Now you can set an ISO of 1600 manually, giving the Normal mode even more flexibility
    • Combining these settings with the brightness slider you can achieve even more variety, and the shutter speed still won't drop below 1/10.
    • I may bump the shutter speed of Normal mode further in the next version due to the expanded range it now has to take photos in low-light.
  • NEW 60fps 720p Mode
    • Just select it from the size dropdown list in Video Recorder
    • You still have the option of 720p @ 24-30fps as well.
  • File names should now be the date stamp for everyone.
  • I'm still looking into IA mode saving on exit. The other method posted in this thread doesn't work.
  • There may have been some other things, but those are the big ones for now
  • There's also an alternate version available that silences the record start/stop and focus sounds
Version 1.1.1:
  • Normal mode photos taken at lowest shutter speed (1/10) slightly improved quality due to bypassed (and unnecessary) processing
  • EXIF info now present on Normal photos taken in all environments
Version 1.2.0:
  • If your stock ROM has a codebase of 10 (i.e. D80210B), use the CB10 version
  • CAF pumping/breathing significantly reduced for stable frames.
  • Minor image quality improvements across the board.
Version 1.3.0:
  • NEW Anti-shaking Video setting
    • Turn it on/off from the settings menu while in video recorder
    • This is just EIS that can be added to the existing OIS
    • I'm not sure how effective it is as I haven't played with it much yet, but it's there if you want to
  • Videos have been brightened up across the board, and the minimum fps went to 30 from 24...including 60fps target mode.
  • Noise reduction has been toned down for videos and in normal photo mode. Less blur, more noise. It's a tradeoff.
  • Other minor things I have forgotten about
Version 1.3.1:
  • Fix for graphics glitches in v1.3.0
  • New version of Gallery app included (nothing much new that I can see though)
  • Sprint users should now be able to use the volume key to take a photo. LG had yet another weird check.
Version 1.4.0:
  • Make sure you are starting from your rom's stock files before installing this one.
  • If you didn't make a backup, you'll have to find your rom's source files on your own.
  • Back to xxhdpi apk base
  • New version of Gallery app included
  • Should be no more instances of media scanning error
  • Should be more compatible across variants, but if you are having an issue with yours, please see the section below for steps to follow if you have a problem.
  • There is no "alt" version for this release.
Version 1.5.0:
  • NEW Camera will save last photo/video mode you were in (IA, HDR, Night, etc.)
  • See the section below for steps to follow if you have a problem before posting in the thread.
Version 1.6.0:
  • Slight bump in sharpness (most noticeable in low-light fine detail)
  • For those that have been asking for larger photo file sizes, I succumbed and put jpeg comp at its lowest level. Not sure how much of a difference it makes in image quality, however.
  • Further reduced post-proc in Normal photo mode
  • NR limited to chroma channel only now. This obviously means you will notice more luma noise at higher iso.
  • Photo pixel format changed to YUV422. In theory this means better quality photos, but I don't think it makes a huge difference. Can't hurt though!
  • Forced storage menu in settings
Version 1.6.1:
  • NEW Video Player Modified to extend slowest and fastest playback speeds (x0.125 - x1.875)
  • Reverted YUV422 Setting. A bug in HDR pixel mapping math caused occasional glitches in post-proc
Version 2.0.6:
  • NEW 4kUHD and 120fps video recording modes
  • NEW Video Player Modified to extend slowest and fastest playback speeds (x0.125 - x1.875)
Version 2.1.0/2.1.1:
  • NEW Magic Focus Mode (for G Pro 2 Ported ROMs only)
  • Based on 4.6.16 G Pro 2 Camera apk
Version 2.2.0:
  • NEW Increased Panorama resolution (up to ~20K x 3K & 20MB)
  • Reduced post-proc for Normal mode photos
  • Removed HDR Video until I have more time to get it working on KK
Version 2.2.1:
  • NEW ART Support
Version 3.0.0:
  • NEW Full port of ALL G Pro 2 Features & Improvements for stock G2 KK
  • If you are running CloudyStock or CloudyFlex, you must flash the separate patch below after flashing the mod.
Version 3.1.0:
  • Improved slow-motion playback on G2 Stock ROMs (flash separate videoplayer zip)
  • All stock Rom-bases supported by single mod (G2, Flex, GPro)
Version 3.2.0:
  • Updated driver/libs
  • NOTE: If you are running CloudyFlex do not flash this version as one (or more) of the updated driver/lib files apparently are not compatible. I have spoken with Cloudy and when he has time we will look into it. Stick with v3.1.0 in the meantime.
Version 4.0.0:
  • Initial G3 Camera version...for G3 Ported roms ONLY
  • HDR mode fix
  • Added back 1080p @ 60fps video mode
  • Slightly bumped video bitrates
  • Updated driver/libs

Downloads:

Here's a sample of a few 120fps videos shot with this mod
*courtesy of @HenrikSwe

Thanks to the following people for their generosity:
Quote:

matthewtyson x2!!
nic85
markus4000
bahrosuz
RPAusCan
spiralsnake
peter_dk
le_lutin
tpozek
danatiel
dawabz94
Peter M
lemach
fezantamburlano
homeedog
mgolder
Jonatan E
Maybelle
deathshead
BrianTDI
ozzyager
Darkestred
Francisco R
Jose P
Aloys G
Boobook
totize
Joseph C
platiNa
Henry W
guyladouche
Justin W
jetnag
Winston C
60nine
Ygrec
Markus R
UndecipheredPixels
martindar

Last edited by xdabbeb; 10th September 2014 at 10:52 PM.
The Following 69 Users Say Thank You to xdabbeb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2013, 03:22 AM   |  #5  
Flag Central NJ
Thanks Meter: 2,754

8,121 posts
More
awesome man, giving a shot now.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk Pro

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

question.. can you put the regional check back? I assume that's what makes the app look like each versions different one.. for example, I absolutely hate this ui compared to the Verizon ui. it's the reason I never used jishnus new experimental apk because the Black ui version blows. lol

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

WOW dude your intelligent auto is amazing. holy hell. it focuses SO FAST! howcome the regular mode doesn't, because of the higher iso? my god. it focuses so fast in low light, then when the flash comes in its super fast, and it takes pictures so much quicker. IA mode rocks now. wow.

The Following User Says Thank You to jayochs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2013, 03:24 AM   |  #6  
OP Recognized Developer

727 posts
Donate to Me
I should be able to do that, but I think most people preferred the new UI, so I'll just do a one-off for you. I'll send you a pm when I have it ready.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to xdabbeb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2013, 03:25 AM   |  #7  
Flag Central NJ

8,121 posts
More
THAT VIEWFINDER. in IA, there's no lag. it's amazing. is there a way you can do that with normal mode?

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdabbeb

I should be able to do that, but I think most people preferred the new UI, so I'll just do a one-off for you. I'll send you a pm when I have it ready.

thanks! hey I'll get used to it though dude, it's ok. I just liked how the white version had customizable side buttons but I'll always be using ia mode on this now.. damn.

30th November 2013, 03:26 AM   |  #8  
OP Recognized Developer

727 posts
Donate to Me
I could, but then you'd have slightly darker photos in normal mode. I tried to space things out so people had variety, but if you want that for your version let me know. If it turns out everyone prefers that I can make it the norm
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to xdabbeb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2013, 03:40 AM   |  #9  
Flag Central NJ

8,121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdabbeb

I could, but then you'd have slightly darker photos in normal mode. I tried to space things out so people had variety, but if you want that for your version let me know. If it turns out everyone prefers that I can make it the norm

all I've gotta say is you're kickin ass so far here lol. I love ia mode because of that super super fast zoom. good thinking on having that variety.

when it comes to suggestion, I think you're rocking the camera portion. I did have one, but then I forgot what it was. oops lol.

for the video camera, the only suggestions are what I'm sure you're already looking at... the crappy auto focus issue and perhaps creating a "set focus" method so we can tap to focus on a spot and it holds that focus area and doesn't continually auto focus.

the other for video is the audio from recording.. as I'm sure you're aware, the g2 suffers from the fate the old htc rezound did, in that the audio has that horrible underwater sound to it. the s3 and s4 and even dna overcame these crappy audio issues, but the g2 is still pretty bad.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

here's one.. is there a way to default it to starting in IA mode? it always goes back to normal.

30th November 2013, 03:41 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 124

1,237 posts
Donate to Me
More
can this default the IA mode?

The Following User Says Thank You to emprize For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera, focus, frame rate, framerate, lg g2
Previous Thread Next Thread