!!! PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE PROCEEDING !!!
My goal for this application was to create a more flexible camera solution for LG phones. The camera hardware itself is very capable, but LG didn't necessarily take full advantage of it with their software. This app extends the capabilities of the camera and offers increased control/quality.
*For instructions on the use of the XCam LG Settings donation app, please see the 2nd post.
*This is ONLY for stock or stock-based firmware (the version of Android that LG provides).
*If you have a Rooted device and are interested in the advanced camera driver/binaries I have created or the version of XCam LG made specifically for this, see the 3rd post.
How to Install XCam LG:
- Make sure you have turned on the option for "Unknown Source" under Settings > General > Securtiy.
- Download the latest version of XCam LG HERE while using your phone. When the download has finished, pull down your notification tray and select the XCamLG.apk file. If you can't find it, go to "Downloads" listed in your app drawer and select the XCamLG.apk file from there. This will start the install process. If you are running firmware that has the Advanced Driver Package installed (rooted devices only), you will likely want the version of XCam LG located in the 3rd post, as it has the option for Magic Foucs shotmode.
- If you wish to support development and gain additional functionality, please consider purchasing the XCam LG Settings app from the play store HERE. For details on the options within this companion app, see the 2nd post.
- Due to changes Google made in Android 4.4.x (KitKat), if you want to save photos to your external SD Card you will need to install and run NextApp's SDFix (requires root access). After you restart your phone the external option should work without issue.
What to do if you have a problem:
- Gather as much information as possible on how to reproduce the issue.
- If the application is force closing, get a full logcat that shows the error/problem. Here is an excellent tutorial on how to get one. There are also apps such as CatLog available in the play store that allow you to capture this on your device.
- Post very clear/exact steps to reproduce the problem here along with any pertinent log files or email them to email@example.com.
- BugFix: FC in Shot and Clear photo mode
- Slightly improved quality in a few shot modes
- BugFix: FC when selecting Help in Photo mode
- Bypass Video mode popup for Sprint users
- Support for XCam LG Settings donation app (available in Play Store)
- Control Jpeg Compression Level (Quality), Contrast, Saturation (stock G2 camera driver only) and Sharpness.
- Control minimum shutter speed for Burst Shot, Intelligent Auto, Night, Normal and Sports photo modes.
- Control other camera features such as the audio noise Gate, automatic night mode, focus Lock/video recording sounds, etc.
- Redesigned icon
- Sports mode now set at min 1/30 shutter speed
- Initial release of completely new app
- NEW Lightframe/flash mode for front camera
- NEW Sports mode revamped
- Set at min 1/24 shutter speed
- For now, if you don't open the camera in Sports mode, you will need to toggle between IA mode and back to Sports to enable this faster shutter (you can also toggle between video and back)
- Normal mode now bypasses the automatic switch to night mode in low light (and the corresponding multi-frame smoothed/nr photo).
- Improved image quality across the board
Donations are always welcome!
Please provide any feedback pertaining to bugs or feature requests as I'll be actively working on this project.
Devs: Due to the fact that this mod is available as a normal apk install, there is no need for and I do not authorize it to be included in ANY roms/firmware. It creates confusion for people installing it and fragments any reporting of problems. You can direct them to this thread to install the latest version. Please feel free to use the binaries/driver packages I have created, however. If you do so, you must put a credit in your OP. Though it should go without saying, I do not approve of any use/copying of the code/methods contained herein for your own app/mod.
XCam LG, App for the LG G2
Current Stable Version: 5.1.2
Stable Release Date: 2013-11-29
Last Updated 2014-09-16