XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G2 send video over email

Tip us?

katamari201
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Default LG G2 send video over email

Does the phone downsize videos when you send them over email? To what resolution?

MarkAtHome
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by katamari201 View Post
Does the phone downsize videos when you send them over email? To what resolution?
Whenever I send a video, I either package it (e.g. ZIP, RAR, etc.) and send as an attachment, or provide a download link to the video that the recipient can grab on his/her own. No downsizing takes place in either case.

katamari201
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAtHome View Post
Whenever I send a video, I either package it (e.g. ZIP, RAR, etc.) and send as an attachment, or provide a download link to the video that the recipient can grab on his/her own. No downsizing takes place in either case.

My Lumia 520 (yes the really cheap one) recompresses the video file when I send it over email. A one minute 720p video is 70MB reduced to 6.5MB and 480p. It is very convenient and saves bandwidth. Takes less than a minute to recompress, although I wouldn't want to send a 30 min video. I remember my Samsung could reduce file sizes for images when sent over email. I dunno about compressing video. If the LG can compress video like the Lumia, it should be blazing fast since it is 2.3ghz quad-core vs the dinky 1Ghz dual-core. Still would like to know if it has it.

MarkAtHome
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAtHome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by katamari201 View Post
My Lumia 520 (yes the really cheap one) recompresses the video file when I send it over email. A one minute 720p video is 70MB reduced to 6.5MB and 480p. It is very convenient and saves bandwidth. Takes less than a minute to recompress, although I wouldn't want to send a 30 min video. I remember my Samsung could reduce file sizes for images when sent over email. I dunno about compressing video. If the LG can compress video like the Lumia, it should be blazing fast since it is 2.3ghz quad-core vs the dinky 1Ghz dual-core. Still would like to know if it has it.
For me, the key is to get the media file from one place to another without the device thinking the delivery is via email, for it to remain intact(=uncompressed). For most, having any copy, of whatever it is, is great, in and of itself.
Device Configuration: