KitKANG version 1.2
Android 4.4.4 KTU84Q / UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 11.0 (synced with CM codebase on 2015/04/04) for HTC Desire (GSM)
This is my personal rom -- source build from CyanogenMod 11.0 codebase by using portions from Evervolv (device tree, kernel, etc.). Also has a few necessary modifications which I have learnt by asking other xda members (see in credits section).
I am not the orginal author of neither the rom nor the changes for the kernel to make it work and other stuff (e.g. init.d scripts). Therefore I take my hat off to geniuses like CyanogenMod devs, LaidbackNikez and the Evervolv team! The motivation for this project has been to get familiar in building, working with github and to learn about basic Android os stuff and developments.
You may download this rom, flash it and use it for your own experiments without asking for my permission -- just give proper credits in your thread if you make a port. Please keep in mind that this is a pre-alpha release. If you rely on your device because it's your only phone I would not recommend to flash it. If you decide to flash this rom, you do it at your own risk and I am not responsible for any resulting damages!
Updated Installation notes!
- Hboot with at least 400mb on system. Get it HERE (420/5/12)
- 1gb - 4gb EXT4 partition on your sdcard. Use this guide.
- Use this modified 4EXT Touch Recovery ONLY. (credits madmaxx82 & walter79)
- Full wipe
- Flash ROM
- You can also flash the GApps in one go with the ROM
- Boot ROM and enjoy it (no more A2SD!)
- If you want to listen radio you can use Spirit FM
- If needed you can enable softkeys manually:
edit build.prop (you could even do this inside the zip before flashing the ROM add this line: qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 reboot
Let the rom settle down after 1st boot (3-5 minutes!)
About the rom
- Full CM-11.0 ROM
- Has all CM features and apps (e.g. CMAccount, CMFileManager, etc)
- Trackball wake option in buttons menu (enabled per default)
- Tweaks for longer battery life and faster scrolling performance
- SELinux (disabled by intention)
- All bugs which are present in CM and Evervolv roms, e.g. Video Recording and MMS not working: You can try Videocam Illusion (audio at 44.1KHz!) and Textra SMS instead
- Sometimes the cLock widget does not display weather icons (Just remove the widget and add it again)
- According to user feedback, Exposed framework in combination with Gravitybox is no longer working on this rom!
Please let me know if you find bugs. And please take a logcat if you encounter a FC (force close). Here you can learn to logcat like a pro!
Enable Developer Settings
--> Open up "Settings > About phone" and tapping 7 times on "Build number".
- CyanogenMod Team for working hard and providing us with this brilliant rom!
- Evervolv Team and LaidbackNikez for kernel, device trees and vendor blobs
- parkedraccoon for sharing his knowlegde on building CM and helping me with adding the trackball on wake
- csytracy and WoH (from their code I have learnt about the required modificiations for HTC Desire)
- johnnyslt for sharing knowledge on how to enhance the Torch app (won't shutdown when screen turns off)
- Chromium_ for a crash course in using git and github
- jens_ for his help
- Contributions from anyone else I probably forgot or was not aware of
Please be gentle.. it's my first rom! Keep this thread clean
You may want to compile it yourself:
repo init -u git://github.com/spezi77/android.git -b cm-11.0 repo sync