KitKANG version 2.0
Android 4.4.4 KTU84Q / UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 11.0 (synced with CM codebase on 2015/08/15) for HTC Desire (GSM)
This is my personal rom -- source build from CyanogenMod 11.0 codebase by using portions from Evervolv (device tree, kernel, etc.). Also has a few necessary modifications which I have learnt by asking other xda members (see in credits section).
I am not the orginal author this ROM, I have just built it and kept it up-to-date for my private pleasure. Therefore I take my hat off to geniuses like CyanogenMod devs, LaidbackNikez and the Evervolv team! The motivation for this project has been to get familiar in building, working with github and to learn about basic Android os stuff and developments.
You may download this rom, flash it and use it for your own experiments without asking for my permission -- just give proper credits in your thread if you make a port. Please keep in mind that this is a pre-alpha release. If you rely on your device because it's your only phone I would not recommend to flash it. If you decide to flash this rom, you do it at your own risk and I am not responsible for any resulting damages!
Instructions on rom installation
- An hboot with at least 400mb on system. Get it from here: http://d-h.st/g4Bw.
- A 1gb - 4gb EXT4 partition on your sdcard. Use this guide to create the partition. Partitions made using other tools (CWM, Minitool Partition Wizard, etc.) will likely cause issues.
- Use this modified 4EXT Touch Recovery ONLY: http://d-h.st/PGVJ. Any other recovery version may cause issues.
Noob-friendly installation guide:
1) Backup your current apps incl. their data (use Titanium backup from Appstore)
2) Backup your current ROM from recovery
3) Install the new hboot via PB99 method (find hints on PB99 method below)
4) Boot into recovery and format all partitions except for SD
5) Install the new recovery via PB99 method
6) Boot into recovery
7) Do a full wipe (Format all partitions except sdcard)
8) Flash ROM
9) Flash a GApps package of your choice -- my recommendation is the PICO MODULAR PACKAGE with proper DPI play services ~99MB: http://forum.xda-developers.com/para...-roms-t3074801
10) Boot ROM and let it settle down (3-5 min)
Flash a recovery or hboot via PB99 method:
1) Ensure the integrity of the downloaded image by checking against the md5
2) Copy the zip file to the root of your SD card and rename it into PB99IMG.zip
3) Reboot into bootloader
4) After a few seconds boot loader will search the file and ask you to apply the update
5) Press vol up for yes and then it will ask you to reboot
6) Again press vol up for yes
7) Now hold vol down to re-enter recovery
8) Format all partitions except SD card
9) Before flashing a rom or sth else reboot the recovery to allow the changes to become effective
- If you want to listen radio you can use Spirit FM
- If needed you can enable softkeys manually:
edit build.prop (you could even do this inside the zip before flashing the ROM add this line: qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 reboot
Let the rom settle down after 1st boot (3-5 minutes!)
About the rom
- Full CM-11.0 ROM
- Has all CM features and apps (e.g. CMAccount, CMFileManager, etc)
- Trackball wake option in buttons menu (enabled per default)
- Tweaks for longer battery life and faster scrolling performance
- SELinux (disabled by intention)
About the awesome kernel in the latest rom version
- Kernel 3.0.16 evervolv-turba-kitkat (source: https://github.com/spezi77/android_k...tree/kitkat-ev)
Big thanks to:
- Thomas Lehner aka email@example.com for stabilizing Kernel 3.0.16 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- LaidbackNikez for being a force behind the development of kernel 3.0.16!
- marc1706 for being a force behind the development of kernel 3.0.16!
- macs18max for providing great tips on kernel developments!
- noonamer for being a force behind the development of kernel 3.0.16!
- walter79 for providing great tips on kernel developments!
- franciscofranco for sharing his magic kernel tweaks!
- everyone else who was involved but does not appear in this list
- Some SD cards are not working with the latest rom version 2.0; In such case the rom gets stuck at the bootanimation, and you would find a bunch of logcat errors, e.g.:
I/dalvikvm( 95): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/conscrypt.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@firstname.lastname@example.org@classes.dex) D/dalvikvm( 95): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/conscrypt.jar' E/dalvikvm( 95): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
-> Solution: help me with fixing the issues in the kernel
- All bugs which are present in CM and Evervolv roms, e.g. Video Recording and MMS not working: You can try Videocam Illusion (audio at 44.1KHz!) and Textra SMS instead
- Sometimes the cLock widget does not display weather icons (Just remove the widget and add it again)
- According to user feedback, Exposed framework in combination with Gravitybox is no longer working on this rom!
Please let me know if you find bugs. And please take a logcat if you encounter a FC (force close). Here you can learn to logcat like a pro!
Enable Developer Settings
--> Open up "Settings > About phone" and tapping 7 times on "Build number".
- CyanogenMod Team for working hard and providing us with this brilliant rom!
- Evervolv Team and LaidbackNikez for kernel, device trees and vendor blobs
- parkedraccoon for sharing his knowlegde on building CM and helping me with adding the trackball on wake
- csytracy and WoH (from their code I have learnt about the required modificiations for HTC Desire)
- johnnyslt for sharing knowledge on how to enhance the Torch app (won't shutdown when screen turns off)
- Chromium_ for a crash course in using git and github
- jens_ for his help
- Contributions from anyone else I probably forgot or was not aware of
Please be gentle.. it's my first rom! Keep this thread clean
You may want to compile it yourself:
repo init -u git://github.com/spezi77/android.git -b cm-11.0 repo sync