Android 4.4.4 KTU84Q / CyanogenMod 11.0 for HTC Desire (GSM)
This is my personal rom -- source build from CyanogenMod 11.0 codebase by using portions from Evervolv (device tree, kernel, etc.). Also has a few necessary modifications which I have learnt by asking other xda members (see in credits section).
I am not the orginal author of neither the rom nor the changes for the kernel to make it work and other stuff (e.g. init.d scripts). Therefore I take my hat off to geniuses like CyanogenMod devs, LaidbackNikez and the Evervolv team! The motivation for this project has been to get familiar in building, working with github and to learn about basic Android os stuff and developments.
You may download this rom, flash it and use it for your own experiments without asking for my permission -- just give proper credits in your thread if you make a port. Please keep in mind that this is a pre-alpha release. If you rely on your device because it's your only phone I would not recommend to flash it. If you decide to flash this rom, you do it at your own risk and I am not responsible for any resulting damages!
- At least 512mb ext4 sd-ext partition (1024mb recommended)
- Hboot with at least 250mb system partition (If not slimmed) -> please use AlphaRev Jelly Hboot (250/5/182) for best experience
- Use a newer recovery such as 4ext (credits madmaxx82 & jmcclue) or twrp (credits Chromium)
- Full wipe recommended
- Flash ROM
- In case you use Alpha Jelly hboot (250/5/182) flash GApps -- if not then boot ROM and enable A2SD before flashing GApps
- Boot ROM and let it settle down (3-5 min)
- Enable A2SD
1) run Terminal Emulator 2) type 'su' and press enter 3) allow root access in the popup query 4) type 'a2sd install' and press enter 5) reply to questions in this order --> y n y (dalvik to card - yes, data to card - no, reboot - yes) 6) that's it
- To enable soft keys and customize a few things, install Exposed framework & Gravitybox (latest versions with 4.4 support)
- Or you can alternatively enable softkeys manually:
edit build.prop (you could even do this inside the zip before flashing the rom) add this line: qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 reboot
Let the rom settle down after 1st boot (3-5 minutes!)
About the rom
- Fully working CM-11.0
- Has all CM features and most of the CM flavored apps (e.g. CMAccount, CMFileManager, etc)
- Trackball wake option in buttons menu (enabled per default)
- Built-in A2SD (you can alternatively install Mounts2SD which is more user friendly -- a minor drawback of M2SD is that it does not work properly with Xposed framework).
- Tweaks for longer battery life and faster scrolling performance
- ART (requires A2SD installation)
- SELinux (disabled by intention)
- All bugs which are present in CM and Evervolv roms, e.g. Video Recording and MMS not working: Just use Videocam Illusion (audio at 44.1KHz!) and Textra SMS instead
- Sometimes the cLock widget does not display weather icons (Just remove the widget and add it again)
Please let me know if you find bugs. And always take a logcat if you encounter a FC (force close). Here you can learn to logcat like a pro!
Enable Developer Settings
--> Open up "Settings > About phone" and tapping 7 times on "Build number".
- CyanogenMod Team for working hard and providing us with this brilliant rom!
- Evervolv Team and LaidbackNikez for kernel, device trees and vendor blobs
- parkedraccoon for sharing his knowlegde on building CM and trackball wake option
- csytracy and WoH (helping me with mods for building CM; hack for trackball wake)
- johnnyslt for sharing knowledge on how to enhance the Torch app (won't shutdown when screen turns off)
- Chromium_ for a crash course in using git and github
- jens_ for his help
- Contributions from anyone else I probably forgot or was not aware of
Please be gentle.. it's my first rom! Keep this thread clean
You may want to compile it yourself:
repo init -u git://github.com/spezi77/android.git -b cm-11.0 repo sync