Contacts and dialer names

Tip us?

skaif
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Contacts and dialer names

Hey guys, quick question!
My contacts are showing up in the contacts bit but when I get phonecalls and messages I just see numbers. Even though I have the contacts saved. Any ideas what it may be?
I'm on X note 5.1 and have lots of xposed settings installed, non of which modify the dialer or contact storage.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

deadlyheart4u
Old
Thanks Meter 53

DONATE TO ME
Happens man with most of us

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
Cheers,
Aditya Bhimrajka

CEO, SimTechnos.in
Web|Apps|Seo|Mobile
-----------------------------

Ragnarkov
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Do you have call display as part of your cell package? I believe you need that service activated in order for you to see incoming contact info.

If you do have that service, maybe call display is turned off in your options?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
My trek through cellphone history:

Nokia 252 - Green
Mitsubishi Trium Astral - White
Samsung SGH-2200
Nokia 3100???
Motorola RAZR
Samsung u510
Samsung Instinct
Samsung Omnia II
HTC Desire Z
Samsung Galaxy Note 1 - 16GB - White
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 32GB - Black **Surprisingly, under warranty, they even fixed the physical damage I caused. Go figure...**

lilmama2879
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I think I know the problem ur having, so I'm gonna attempt to help. This happened to me and for the life of me couldn't figure out the solution. But then after a few minutes I got it. What u wanna do is open up ur contacts then hit the menu button and choose "contacts to display". Once that page pops up pick the one that says "device". Now back out to ur contacts again, then pick a contact and insert whatever may be missing. For me it was all the pictures. So I had to apply all my pictures over again. I think this is what is going on with ur contacts. Once ur done adding pictures go to ur messages or ask someone to call and u should now see all their info including pics. I hope I was able to help u. If I was all the way off base, sorry for post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarkov View Post
Do you have call display as part of your cell package? I believe you need that service activated in order for you to see incoming contact info.

If you do have that service, maybe call display is turned off in your options?

That's not standard in the USA? -EDIT Just seen original poster is in the UK - Caller ID is standard here if you have their number stored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmama2879 View Post
I think I know the problem ur having, so I'm gonna attempt to help. This happened to me and for the life of me couldn't figure out the solution. But then after a few minutes I got it. What u wanna do is open up ur contacts then hit the menu button and choose "contacts to display". Once that page pops up pick the one that says "device". Now back out to ur contacts again, then pick a contact and insert whatever may be missing. For me it was all the pictures. So I had to apply all my pictures over again. I think this is what is going on with ur contacts. Once ur done adding pictures go to ur messages or ask someone to call and u should now see all their info including pics. I hope I was able to help u. If I was all the way off base, sorry for post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A
Was what I was gonna suggest also, and it's the most logical one I can think of regarding the subject.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Paranoid // UBER //

Ragnarkov
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
That's not standard in the USA? -EDIT Just seen original poster is in the UK - Caller ID is standard here if you have their number stored.
Ahh, see, depending on what package you have here, it's an extra feature you need to pay for, so thought it might be something to consider. I have no idea how cell packages are structured outside my local carriers.

My trek through cellphone history:

Nokia 252 - Green
Mitsubishi Trium Astral - White
Samsung SGH-2200
Nokia 3100???
Motorola RAZR
Samsung u510
Samsung Instinct
Samsung Omnia II
HTC Desire Z
Samsung Galaxy Note 1 - 16GB - White
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 32GB - Black **Surprisingly, under warranty, they even fixed the physical damage I caused. Go figure...**