Could a dev help edit libWFD_ENGINE.so to get mirroring on modded devices.Guide here!
I'm carrying this over from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2421642
The guys here managed to patch their libWFD_ENGINE.so file so they could connect to all share cast on Rooted/Modded devices.
Unfortunately no one posted for the l900 note 2 but instructions where given to do this on any device.
1. download and install IDA Pro
2. download and install WinHEx
3. download and install any text compare util
4. Open patched and unpatched version lib file of the same device (any device) with IDA
5. get text output of both files to the text compare utility
6. find the 3 differences. analyze where they are in the file (look for seacrhable text patterns)
7. open YOUR device's unpacthed lib file with IDA pro
8. find the correspondances found on step 6 in your own file.
9. note the line number (hex address) of each 3 correspondances
10. now open all 3 files on Winhex
11. jump to the noted hex addresses and change the bytes according to the difference of 2 files of the same device.
12. make the change on your own file and save.
Thanks to mrmrmrmr for quick guide.
So what I have attached here is libWFD_Engine.so (Sprint note 2 4.3) unpatched and was hopping someone would be able to patch it with the above instructions an example of the changes needed to be made from the S4 libWFD_Engine.so below.
text:00012644 CBNZ R0, loc_12652
text:00012644 MOVS R0, #0
text:00022D50 LDR R3, [R7]
text:00022D50 MOVS R3, #0
text:00026B1C CMP R0, #0
text:00026B1C CMP R0, #0x10