5,606,588 Members 35,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Mega Soft Bricked, need help from more experienced developers.

Tip us?

blaziemoop
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy Mega Soft Bricked, need help from more experienced developers.

I accidentally installed the wrong software with Odin, and it now has the error "Secure Fail: Kernel".
I'm not sure how to fix it, and it won't go into recovery mode, but when I put it into download mode, it says the following;
Odin Mode
Product Name: GT-I9205
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
Knox Kernel Lock: 0xfffffffc
Knox Warrenty Void: 0xfffffffc
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable
Bootloader Ap Swrev: 1
Please help, It's my only phone and I have no clue what to do.

ianneo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaziemoop View Post
I accidentally installed the wrong software with Odin, and it now has the error "Secure Fail: Kernel".
I'm not sure how to fix it, and it won't go into recovery mode, but when I put it into download mode, it says the following;
Odin Mode
Product Name: GT-I9205
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
Knox Kernel Lock: 0xfffffffc
Knox Warrenty Void: 0xfffffffc
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable
Bootloader Ap Swrev: 1
Please help, It's my only phone and I have no clue what to do.
Just download the correct firmware and it will work. Same thing happened to me a week ago. If you have updated your Mega recently, and flashed an old firmware, that is what happens. So flash the new firmware, let it boot and if it doesn't, go into recovery and wipe data.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk
Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-i9200 - Stock
Nexus 7 2012 32gb WiFi- PSX ROM

blaziemoop
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
That's the thing, I can't find the firmware at all! I'm not even sure which one I need to download.

mehdisheikhi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
please somebody help!!! im having the same problem!!!

achour113
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehdisheikhi View Post
please somebody help!!! im having the same problem!!!

don't worry brother i had the same problem the last week so just install the latest stock rom it will fix

the latest rom I9205XXUCNA2 2014-01-14 from portugal or germany DBT 2014-03-19 me i installed of Portugal it helped me

rom click here sammobile.com/firmwares/2/

sorry for my poor english
The Following User Says Thank You to achour113 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mehdisheikhi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by achour113 View Post
don't worry brother i had the same problem the last week so just install the latest stock rom it will fix

the latest rom I9205XXUCNA2 2014-01-14 from portugal or germany DBT 2014-03-19 me i installed of Portugal it helped me

rom click here sammobile.com/firmwares/2/

sorry for my poor english
My phone is I9200
which rom should i install????
please help!!!

trurl3
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
My phone is I9200
which rom should i install????
please help!!!
- Go there http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
- In search window put your model number (I9200)
- Choose firmware suitable for your region and download
- Install downloaded firmware by Odin

Because your System staus is 'Custom' you can not get OTA software upgrade.

Ether you can try to recover your firmware in Kies using tutorial from this thread:
[GUIDE][HOW-TO]Update to latest Official Firmware[All Samsung Device]
Samsung Galaxy Mega GT-I9205

Be smart, keep your files one click away @Dropbox. Sign up for free!
Wakelocks got you down? Click here for solution.
If I helped - plese hit
The Following User Says Thank You to trurl3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mehdisheikhi
Old
(Last edited by mehdisheikhi; 14th April 2014 at 02:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by trurl3 View Post
- Go there http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
- In search window put your model number (I9200)
- Choose firmware suitable for your region and download
- Install downloaded firmware by Odin

Because your System staus is 'Custom' you can not get OTA software upgrade.

Ether you can try to recover your firmware in Kies using tutorial from this thread:
[GUIDE][HOW-TO]Update to latest Official Firmware[All Samsung Device]
I downloaded Russia firmware and Iran's firmware for my i9200 and flashed them with odin 3.07 and 3.09
but after odin finishes flashing the rom and i expect the phone to turn on, i only see the LOGO of samsung and a red line in upper part of the screen that has written: SECURE FAIL : KERNEL
do i have to download the latest firmware?? cause Iraq firmware is the latest one

also because my internet is very slow and i pay money for each Gigabyte that i download i have to w8 until 2:00 am so that my internet becomes free ( 2:00 - 7:00 am is free) so that i can download another firmware

ianneo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
I downloaded Russia firmware and Iran's firmware for my i9200 and flashed them with odin 3.07 and 3.09
but after odin finishes flashing the rom and i expect the phone to turn on, i only see the LOGO of samsung and a red line in upper part of the screen that has written: SECURE FAIL : KERNEL
do i have to download the latest firmware?? cause Iraq firmware is the latest one

also because my internet is very slow and i pay money for each Gigabyte that i download i have to w8 until 2:00 am so that my internet becomes free ( 2:00 - 7:00 am is free) so that i can download another firmware
You HAVE to download the latest firmware for it to work, otherwise, you'll trip the KNOX counter. I learned this the hard way ^^

Sent from my Nexus 7 (grouper) using Tapatalk
Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-i9200 - Stock
Nexus 7 2012 32gb WiFi- PSX ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to ianneo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trurl3
Old
(Last edited by trurl3; 14th April 2014 at 03:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianneo View Post
You HAVE to download the latest firmware for it to work, otherwise, you'll trip the KNOX counter. I learned this the hard way ^•^

Sent from my Nexus 7 (grouper) using Tapatalk
I am sorry so I did not mention it, but it was for me selfevident so you need to download LATEST firmware for your region (all firmwares later than xxxUCNA1 should do. Of course there is one unknown - what kind of firmware you were flashing the first time. )
Although you did not post what firmware you were flashed at the beginning and what you are downloaded now, in my opinion red line means so you probably are trying to flash older firmware without knox, while the first one which cost you troubles, was new kind with knox and, what is even more important, new bootloader . This new bootloader prevent from flashing older firmwares (without knox) and such attempt can be source of soft brick. Unfortunately this situation is irreversible and from now on you can flash ONLY newest firmwares containing knox and new type of bootloader.
So find firmware not older than from the beginning of this year suitable for your region and flash it. That should cure problem immediately.
Samsung Galaxy Mega GT-I9205

Be smart, keep your files one click away @Dropbox. Sign up for free!
Wakelocks got you down? Click here for solution.
If I helped - plese hit

The Following User Says Thank You to trurl3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]