[Q] Xperia PLAY R800i Completely Dead

Tip us?

JAY48
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Xperia PLAY R800i Completely Dead

Hello,
My Xperia PLAY is dead. Completely dead No vibration when power button is pushed, no blue LED in fastboot mode (it won't get detected as well) and no green LED in flashtool mode. This happened after the battery went flat on Friday. It was late when I noticed the dead battery and since I don't charge phones overnight I left it till the next morning. I plugged it in the next morning and left it to charge for about three hours. I didn't see a red LED as usual but I didn't think much of it as I was late. Upon returning I noticed that the battery was extremely hot (burning hot) and the phone would not boot up. I immediately removed the battery and left both to cool. I then tried to power up again but it showed no signs life. Since I had a R800x motherboard lying around, I swapped boards and the R800x fired straight up. The battery hadn't charged fully (it was at around 25%) so I let it charge to 100% and swapped the R800i motherboard back. Still no life.
I tried to connect using flashtool and fastboot but still nothing. It's like the phone is completely dead! The board fuses were OK (I think they were fuses!) and it didn't have any burn marks.
This is what happens now if I connect to the PC-no signs of life on the phone and no detection on the PC (Windows XP SP2). If I leave it connected, I feel the battery heating up very quickly so I disconnect it. I tried flashtool with 0.58FTF but when it says to connect the phone it is not detected. Same goes for fastboot. I even tried connecting the phone via USB and removing and re-inserting the battery (as it had worked for someone with a bricked phone) but no dice.

I had Lupus ICS/GB V5 and ICS Original by DanyXP running. The apps I had were Titanium Backup, No frills CPU control, eBay for android and notification toggle (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1037817). No frills settings were Min CPU 194Mhz, Max 1049MHz (stock value- wasn't overclocked) Governor Intelidemand V2 (unsure).
Is my motherboard beyond repair? I only had it for a couple of months but I love my Xperia PLAY and I want it back!
Thanks for taking the time to read my question.
Regards.
Jay.

kanaksharma
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Try if it is detected in testpoint. ..

Sent from my MT11i using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to kanaksharma For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JAY48
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaksharma View Post
Try if it is detected in testpoint. ..

Thank you for replying. How do I do this? I read a topic by Alejandrissimo and he might be able to fix my phone through remote support. I also think that it shut down by itself when something upset the trim area and the battery has nothing to do with it.

JAY48
Old
(Last edited by JAY48; 18th November 2013 at 12:34 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
So I tried Testpoint and there's no response either. I followed this tutorial and found the testpoint locations for the XPLAY from the internet-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1730874

I tried the S1tool application as well but still nothing. Should I look for another phone now?
Also Alejandrissimo did not reply yet, I PMd him and sent him an email via his Gmail address...

kanaksharma
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
If it is not detected via testpoint in pc means your phone is dead. .. Need to change your motherboard... Btw try a few times maybe it is detected. . If it is detected pm me I can help you remotely

JAY48
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaksharma View Post
If it is not detected via testpoint in pc means your phone is dead. .. Need to change your motherboard... Btw try a few times maybe it is detected. . If it is detected pm me I can help you remotely

Thanks for your reply.
I have a feeling that this board is dead as well. I'm going to try one more time and then look for another R800i with a cracked screen or something and swap them out. I still can't understand how it died out of the blue! I never overclocked it and I'm not a very heavy phone user. It's shut down at the end of each day and I never let the battery run flat either. Happens to the best of us, I guess!

raizcgi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Power ic problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY48 View Post
Hello,
My Xperia PLAY is dead. Completely dead No vibration when power button is pushed, no blue LED in fastboot mode (it won't get detected as well) and no green LED in flashtool mode. This happened after the battery went flat on Friday. It was late when I noticed the dead battery and since I don't charge phones overnight I left it till the next morning. I plugged it in the next morning and left it to charge for about three hours. I didn't see a red LED as usual but I didn't think much of it as I was late. Upon returning I noticed that the battery was extremely hot (burning hot) and the phone would not boot up. I immediately removed the battery and left both to cool. I then tried to power up again but it showed no signs life. Since I had a R800x motherboard lying around, I swapped boards and the R800x fired straight up. The battery hadn't charged fully (it was at around 25%) so I let it charge to 100% and swapped the R800i motherboard back. Still no life.
I tried to connect using flashtool and fastboot but still nothing. It's like the phone is completely dead! The board fuses were OK (I think they were fuses!) and it didn't have any burn marks.
This is what happens now if I connect to the PC-no signs of life on the phone and no detection on the PC (Windows XP SP2). If I leave it connected, I feel the battery heating up very quickly so I disconnect it. I tried flashtool with 0.58FTF but when it says to connect the phone it is not detected. Same goes for fastboot. I even tried connecting the phone via USB and removing and re-inserting the battery (as it had worked for someone with a bricked phone) but no dice.

I had Lupus ICS/GB V5 and ICS Original by DanyXP running. The apps I had were Titanium Backup, No frills CPU control, eBay for android and notification toggle (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1037817). No frills settings were Min CPU 194Mhz, Max 1049MHz (stock value- wasn't overclocked) Governor Intelidemand V2 (unsure).
Is my motherboard beyond repair? I only had it for a couple of months but I love my Xperia PLAY and I want it back!
Thanks for taking the time to read my question.
Regards.
Jay.
Bro dis had exactly happened to me last month .. ur mother board ain't dead yet.. the only solution to it is by replacing the power ic..

FaiselW
Old
Thanks Meter 50
You short circuited the board

Sent from my LT30p using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

JAY48
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaiselW View Post
You short circuited the board

Hi Faisel,
You may be right, because the repair technician also said he suspected a short. Is this repairable?

FaiselW
Old
Thanks Meter 50
I don't really know. All I know is when it is short circuited, the battery will get very hot and can burn and will damage the board

Tags
bricked, dead, heating, no power, r800i