XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] G2 d800 with d802 rom/firmware bad flash

Tip us?

iredline5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] G2 d800 with d802 rom/firmware bad flash

I bought a broken AT&T G2 that the buyer did a bad flash or something with. Doing some playing around on the phone I see that the phone is d800/ AT&T G2, with what to appears to be a d802 firmware in it. Phone turns on and boots up to main screen but touch screen doesn't respond well and it reboots after maybe 1 min or two.

I have tried lg flash tool but get failed because it reads the phone as d802 and the dll/tot file are for the d800 and doesn't give me an option to proceed. Also tried LGMLauncher but doesn't download the software, gets stuck at 11%.

Any other help will be appreciated, if not I'll resell this phone.

bullghost
Old
(Last edited by bullghost; 2nd December 2013 at 06:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 122

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iredline5 View Post
I bought a broken AT&T G2 that the buyer did a bad flash or something with. Doing some playing around on the phone I see that the phone is d800/ AT&T G2, with what to appears to be a d802 firmware in it. Phone turns on and boots up to main screen but touch screen doesn't respond well and it reboots after maybe 1 min or two.

I have tried lg flash tool but get failed because it reads the phone as d802 and the dll/tot file are for the d800 and doesn't give me an option to proceed. Also tried LGMLauncher but doesn't download the software, gets stuck at 11%.

Any other help will be appreciated, if not I'll resell this phone.
try using LGFlashTools 1.5
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

in section
RETURN TO STOCK AT&T Version ONLY!

maybe you can describe detail why LGFlashTools fail to flash

iredline5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullghost View Post
try using LGFlashTools 1.5
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

in section
RETURN TO STOCK AT&T Version ONLY!

maybe you can describe detail why LGFlashTools fail to flash
Tried that, but it fails due to firmware and phone being different. thanks for the help

kenpachiramasam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy same problem need help

im in the same boat i accidentally loaded a d802 rom on a vs980 lg flash tool wont let me flash stock kdz because the phone now says d802 because of the bad rom flash and im stuck because i need to put a vz980 .dll but the program says that i need to use d802 because of the rom i accidentally installed
if anyone can help id be more that grateful im stuck with this brick for now and i dont even have a warranty on my phone so i cant get in replaced

x714x
Old
Thanks Meter 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpachiramasam View Post
im in the same boat i accidentally loaded a d802 rom on a vs980 lg flash tool wont let me flash stock kdz because the phone now says d802 because of the bad rom flash and im stuck because i need to put a vz980 .dll but the program says that i need to use d802 because of the rom i accidentally installed
if anyone can help id be more that grateful im stuck with this brick for now and i dont even have a warranty on my phone so i cant get in replaced
You can still get into recovery right? You try sideloading a correct rom?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
T-Mobile LG G2 (D801)

kenpachiramasam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by x714x View Post
You can still get into recovery right? You try sideloading a correct rom?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Unfortunately not. It's in a boot loop and when I hold power and volume down it just goes to
[800] fast lot mode started
[850] udc_start()
And that's all I get can i force it into recovery another way

ssreynolds
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Unfortunately not. It's in a boot loop and when I hold power and volume down it just goes to
[800] fast lot mode started
[850] udc_start()
And that's all I get can i force it into recovery another way
then you will need ADB to boot into recovery

iredline5
Old
(Last edited by iredline5; 3rd December 2013 at 03:31 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssreynolds View Post
then you will need ADB to boot into recovery
Going give this a try again. But the issue is if my pc has enough time to sync with the phone before the phone reboots.

kenpachiramasam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've tried something along those lines but to no avail. My phone doesn't show up on my computer in its current status. How can I get map to recognize my phone I have the drives installed and lg upgrade tool can see it so I know it can kinda see it. When I ran Adb devices nothing comes up on the ASB command prompt

bullghost
Old
(Last edited by bullghost; 4th December 2013 at 08:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 122

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

try load d802 dll
you can get it from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post48032783

and flash it with vz rom