[Q] Custom apps/widgets in S-View

Search This thread

Kevin Roscom

Jul 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Does anybody know if there are custom apps or widgets that can be run in the sview window? I just feel like it'd be great to check an email, maybe scan a bar code for eBay, or do anything more than just reading texts and changing songs within s-view. It seems really simple but I'm having a difficult time finding any info on this.

Kevin Roscom

Jul 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I actually ended up finding a thread on hacking the s-view background and another on just hacking it in general. They seem to be adding backgrounds into ROMS actually. Even if someone completely replaced s-view with an app, maybe a shrunken down mini-game, or a music player.. Something..

This part may be strange and off topic, but I also thought it'd be awesome if somebody hacked a fake s view and added some buttons, that way when you flip it over, it starts up a gameboy emulator..

The thread is here

Reactions: Lorettaa

Kevin Roscom

Jul 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
So I've figured out that the images are stored inside SViewCoverService.apk but I'm still searching for the executable files. I want to replace it with a launcher or something. If anyone knows what files are launched when the cover is on, please do share.

Reactions: papete

CravingMender9

Jun 6, 2011
Charlotte
www.rahulisola.com
So I've figured out that the images are stored inside SViewCoverService.apk but I'm still searching for the executable files. I want to replace it with a launcher or something. If anyone knows what files are launched when the cover is on, please do share.

There is one Xposed module by MohammadAD. Do check it out. he is making great progress with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There is one Xposed module by MohammadAD. Do check it out. he is making great progress with it.
    I actually ended up finding a thread on hacking the s-view background and another on just hacking it in general. They seem to be adding backgrounds into ROMS actually. Even if someone completely replaced s-view with an app, maybe a shrunken down mini-game, or a music player.. Something..

This part may be strange and off topic, but I also thought it'd be awesome if somebody hacked a fake s view and added some buttons, that way when you flip it over, it starts up a gameboy emulator..

The thread is here