5,594,564 Members 32,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AUO vs. Sharp LCD...How to tell the difference & buy the right LCD

Tip us?

tiguy99
Old
(Last edited by tiguy99; 1st December 2013 at 05:38 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Tablet AUO vs. Sharp LCD...How to tell the difference & buy the right LCD

I'm in the middle of replacing the LCD for my HTC Sensation phone.While doing research I discovered a few things & decided to share my findings. Sure this has been discussed on the forums to an extent, however no one has compiled the information in one place for everyone to see.

So...here goes....

After reading this this thread, and
this thread, we know there are at least two LCD versions for this phone. We also know Sony makes the third but for the sake of relevance and we'll stick with the 2 main LCDs most people will encounter.

AUO LCD is the first LCD pictured below:

Notice how the flex is light brown on both sides (dead giveaway) but also has minimalistic styling hues on the front side. It also has a gold connector with a shade of brown/green on the backside.

AUO Model

Sharp LCD is also pictured below.

Notice the solid green color underneath its flex cable. On the top of the flex, you'll notice a light brown color with a distinctive patten of lines flowing from the base of the screen to the connector itself. Also notice the connector has a reddish hue on its backside unlike the AUO model's brown/green coloring.

Sharp Model

Hopefully this will clear things up for future HTC Sensation owners and help them find the right LCD of their choice
- LG G2 32GB (white)
- HTC Sensation 4G (project phone)

- Motorola Atrix HD (Sold but not forgotten)
- HTC One XL (still in the family)
- Samsung galaxy s2 T-mobile Jedi Mind Trick v9 ROM (sold)
- iPhone 4 white unlocked (sold)
- iPhone 3G 16GB (sold)
- iphone Unlocked (sold)
- T-Mobile Dash (Sold)
- Verizon Motorola Q (Sold) <--- best phone I
had before the iphone

fastfix2013
Old
Thanks Meter 23
This makes no sense tho in my sensation it shipped with a AUO panel. However when i replaced mypanel i was givenasharp panel bymistake but when i tried the sharp panel in my device it worked with no issues andhas been in my device for well over 4months and still no issues :S

tiguy99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfix2013 View Post
This makes no sense tho in my sensation it shipped with a AUO panel. However when i replaced mypanel i was givenasharp panel bymistake but when i tried the sharp panel in my device it worked with no issues andhas been in my device for well over 4months and still no issues :S
It's not about compatibility since both companies make the same LCD. Its about which screen you prefer once you understand their differences.

Check out the threads linked above for more info on how the two versions of the LCD screens
- LG G2 32GB (white)
- HTC Sensation 4G (project phone)

- Motorola Atrix HD (Sold but not forgotten)
- HTC One XL (still in the family)
- Samsung galaxy s2 T-mobile Jedi Mind Trick v9 ROM (sold)
- iPhone 4 white unlocked (sold)
- iPhone 3G 16GB (sold)
- iphone Unlocked (sold)
- T-Mobile Dash (Sold)
- Verizon Motorola Q (Sold) <--- best phone I
had before the iphone