XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] need expert advice and help...

Tip us?

baista23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] need expert advice and help...

hi GUYS!! i flashed my GT-7100 to stock rom 4.1.2 so i can update my phone to 4.3 when the official update comes... but after i flashed it..and check my notification it says emergency calls only.... and when i connect to kies it says your blah blah blah is not supported to initialised... i have correct IMEI and S/N... im from the philippines... any guys have idea? how to fix it.? im really in need your help.. God bless!!! thank you in advance....

Snargaflab
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I wouldn't recommend updating to 4.3 officially as it comes with Knox in the boot loader and it cannot be removed or downgraded. If you were already using a custom ROM then you should go back to that and then wait for a custom rom based on the new firmware but without the bootloader. You may have to flash the 4.3 modem at some point but it is possible to do this without the bootloader in Mobile Odin. I'm not really sure why flashing that stock ROM didn't work but you should be able to go to a custom rom again without issue as long as you have your IMEI. If you feel you must do the official update then just make sure you do some research on the new bootloader first. As far as I know it offers no advantages to an average user and it does have some disadvantages.

Edit: for your other issue I would start with looking at the baseband as cellular issues are normally related to that.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Phones

Samsung Galaxy S4 (jfltecan)
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (t0lte)

Past Phones

HTC Amaze 4G (ruby)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100)
HTC Desire (bravo)
Nexus 4 (mako)
Nexus 7 GSM (tilapia)

baista23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snargaflab View Post
I wouldn't recommend updating to 4.3 officially as it comes with Knox in the boot loader and it cannot be removed or downgraded. If you were already using a custom ROM then you should go back to that and then wait for a custom rom based on the new firmware but without the bootloader. You may have to flash the 4.3 modem at some point but it is possible to do this without the bootloader in Mobile Odin. I'm not really sure why flashing that stock ROM didn't work but you should be able to go to a custom rom again without issue as long as you have your IMEI. If you feel you must do the official update then just make sure you do some research on the new bootloader first. As far as I know it offers no advantages to an average user and it does have some disadvantages.

Edit: for your other issue I would start with looking at the baseband as cellular issues are normally related to that.

thank you for your response sir.. you think it can be fix my problem by installing other custom rom?

Snargaflab
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Well if you had a custom ROM running before and that was working then it is likely that it will still work. If it doesn't then you can always flash to stock in Odin again. Its very unlikely that you'd end up worse off since youll just have the same issue on a custom rom if it doesn't fix it. If it doesn't fix it then it is mostly likely related to the baseband because that is one of the few things that remains the same between a custom ROM and stock since you should be wiping data and cache when you flash a rom and it completely rewrites your system. It may not fix the issue but its definitely worth a try and if you decided not to upgrade to the 4.3 bootloader then there's not much need to be stock in my opinion. Stock offers very few if any advantages over custom roms. If you need high stability then just use a ROM that is based on the stock ROM, they are almost always bug free because they only add things like root, deodex, reboot menu, zipalign, performance tweaks, etc. They don't have to deal with drivers or source code like on AOSP roms so they are much easier to make. It may be worth a factory reset now on the stock ROM too if you didn't do it after the Odin flash. Sometimes old data from another ROM can cause issues.

Current Phones

Samsung Galaxy S4 (jfltecan)
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (t0lte)

Past Phones

HTC Amaze 4G (ruby)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100)
HTC Desire (bravo)
Nexus 4 (mako)
Nexus 7 GSM (tilapia)