XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] T-Mobile Variant Lockscreen Text

Tip us?

Nick12484
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [Q] T-Mobile Variant Lockscreen Text

I'm sure there isn't a way, but I figured asking wouldn't hurt. Has anyone found a way to remove the annoying text and lock icon on the lockscreen? I noticed that the AT&T version doesn't have it all, and the Verizon version has just the lock icon. I just find the "Swipe in any direction to unlock" text obnoxious lol. I could live with the lock icon, it's just the text mostly. Trivial I know lol if anyone has noticed a setting I've missed let me know. Thank you
T-Mobile LG G2 (Black)
ROM: Stock unrooted

Z-Man™
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick12484 View Post
I'm sure there isn't a way, but I figured asking wouldn't hurt. Has anyone found a way to remove the annoying text and lock icon on the lockscreen? I noticed that the AT&T version doesn't have it all, and the Verizon version has just the lock icon. I just find the "Swipe in any direction to unlock" text obnoxious lol. I could live with the lock icon, it's just the text mostly. Trivial I know lol if anyone has noticed a setting I've missed let me know. Thank you
Glad I'm not the only one who hated that. I hope someone figures it out.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
GiGGiTy GiGGiTy

2mustange
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also am wondering if there is a way to get rid of this. It is quite annoying me since it is like right there in the middle of the screen

mannequin
Old
Thanks Meter 151
(T-Mo) G2 lockscreen is a bit of a mess, yes. not to mention that some of the swiping effects inverse the color randomly (and appear black) for no reason. to use a custom lockscreen wouldn't be a good idea either because then you lose the double tap to power it off from the lockscreen. i presume we would need an xposed module mod for all this.