5,606,347 Members 33,316 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

★ ☆[ROM][4.4][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 | Alpha.02 | tiKtaK [12-06-13]☆ ★

Tip us?

santod040
Old
(Last edited by santod040; 6th December 2013 at 05:51 PM.) Reason: Updated to Alpha.02
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5409

DONATE TO ME
Default ★ ☆[ROM][4.4][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 | Alpha.02 | tiKtaK [12-06-13]☆ ★

Unofficial
Cyanogenmod 11
HTC Fireball

I don't usually develop for devices I don't have.
But I saw you guys had no KitKat love over here yet, so I thought I'd give it a shot for you.

Please realize this is completely untested, as I do not have this device.
I have a Thunderbolt, a DNA, and an HTC One.
So just be aware of that and be kind to me, lol.
I hope it boots and is somewhat usable!
I look forward to hearing the results.
It is built using the latest CM sources.
***EDIT: It boots and has working 4G/LTE, wifi, and GPS!

KitKat -- Android 4.4 -- CM11

Quote:
DISCLAIMER:

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.

Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and CANNOT BLAME ME or anyone else for causing harm to your device.

CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices.
Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, etc.
CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.

While this build is heavily optimized, it is also capable of pushing your phone much harder.
CyanogenMod and itís team hold no responsibility to any damage caused to your phone, loss of earnings as a result of damaging your phone or anything else that is connected to the development of this rom.

For a list of devices officially supported by CyanogenMod, check out the official devices page.
Such is the craze for CyanogenMod, that devices that arenít officially supported, still manage to receive ports of the ROM courtesy of enthusiasts and developers.
CyanogenMod offers the most barebone Android experience coupled with some very powerful tweaks.
This whole package by now is not wholly developed by CyanogenMod developers alone, but is a collaborative effort between them and independent developers around the world.

DOWNLOAD:

cm-11-20131206-UNOFFICIAL-fireball

4.4 Gapps

You will likely need an updated recovery.
Assuming that is the case, I will provide the one that compiled with my build.
ClockWorkMod KK compatible recovery image

Old Versions:
cm-11-20131202-UNOFFICIAL-fireball

Source: CM Github

Thanks for trying my build....
Current Devices: HTC Thunderbolt | HTC Droid DNA | HTC One | HTC One (2014)

Follow me on Twitter
ULTIMATE WALLS WVGA Wallpaper Collection
Donations always appreciated! Never required!

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

santod040
Old
Thanks Meter 5409

DONATE TO ME
Just in case....

Follow me on Twitter

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xdadevelopers-user
Old
(Last edited by xdadevelopers-user; 3rd December 2013 at 01:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 74
I tried to install using TWRP 2.6.3.0. It seemed to mostly work until...

Code:
Creating Symlinks...
ApplyParsedPerms: removexattr of /system/addon.d/50-cm.sh to 0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
script aborted: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20131202-UNOFFICIAL-fireball.zip'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20131202-UNOFFICIAL-fireball.zip'
After this, the device just bootloops.

I'm going to try again using the recovery.img referenced in the first post.

EDIT: After flasing the CWM recovery from the first, I was able to install. My phone is booting up....

And success! It booted. I made a phone call. I have 4G/LTE. WOW! I'll test some more tonight and report any issues I discover.

EDIT2: The first boot after installing gapps-kk crashed and rebooted the phone. The second boot hung at the "Android is upgrading..." screen with the message "Optimizing app 1 of 21". During this, I checked the CPU usage and found that /system/bin/mpdecision was using 100% of the CPU. After a few minutes I pulled the battery and restarted the phone. This time, with it unplugged (it was connected via USB to my laptop in all previous tests). It completed booting and finished the Android upgrade.

I was able to setup my Google account and download apps over 4G/LTE.

Google Keyboard, Google Search, and Google + were all out-of-date and got updated.

I briefly tested the GPS using "GPS Test" from CHARTCROSS LIMITED. The GPS worked and I got a lock quickly.

I tested WiFi on both 2.4, and 5 GHz both worked reliably for the brief period I tested.

The only thing I find lacking (and it's lacking in ALL non-stock-based ROMs) is the ability for an app to read the secure element of the SIM. This is a requirement for the ISIS contactless payment system - which I use A LOT. So, even though I'd really love to be on KK, I'll be reverting back soon.

-xdadevelopers-user
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xdadevelopers-user For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

santod040
Old
Thanks Meter 5409

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdadevelopers-user View Post
I tried to install using TWRP 2.6.3.0. It seemed to mostly work until...

Code:
Creating Symlinks...
ApplyParsedPerms: removexattr of /system/addon.d/50-cm.sh to 0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
script aborted: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20131202-UNOFFICIAL-fireball.zip'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20131202-UNOFFICIAL-fireball.zip'
After this, the device just bootloops.

I'm going to try again using the recovery.img referenced in the first post.

EDIT: After flasing the CWM recovery from the first, I was able to install. My phone is booting up....

And success! It booted. I made a phone call. I have 4G/LTE. WOW! I'll test some more tonight and report any issues I discover.

-xdadevelopers-user
Thank you for testing and reporting back!

Follow me on Twitter

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

itrx
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Can confirm it boots and runs very well after updating recovery. Great job!
The Following User Says Thank You to itrx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

guinzo
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Please for HTC Thunderbolt Sir Santod
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guinzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

j13smiley
Old
Thanks Meter 28
wow - great news!

rmlineback
Old
Thanks Meter 24
This works very well considering. I haven't experienced any major drawbacks yet. WiFi, GPS, LTE, Bluetooth all work great and I have no problems sending or receiving texts or pictures, the only thing I have really noticed is that the native browser force closed on me. I downloaded chrome and all is good. I did redo the RUU because of a borked radio but that was from the last time I installed 10.2.

Sent from my Incredible 4G LTE using xda app-developers app

atkjedi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had the same issue with installing, worked flawless when using the specified CWM.

Camera, 4g, calls, wifi, gps everything worked.

1 main issue I ran into is multiple FC when using messaging or hangouts to text

rmlineback
Old
(Last edited by rmlineback; 5th December 2013 at 05:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 24
I have not had any fc 's for messages and I don't use hangouts. I forgot to mention the camera works well and it's even oc'd to 1.5 GHz, which works well. This is the best alpha build I've ever ran. I did have to use the CWM recovery provided also, forgot to mention that.

Sent from my Incredible 4G LTE using xda app-developers app

The Following User Says Thank You to rmlineback For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cm11, cyanogenmod, fireball, kitkat, santod040