XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Win 8.1 PC/ Fastboot not working/ Want to be unrooted with stock

Tip us?

Zin0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default [Q] Win 8.1 PC/ Fastboot not working/ Want to be unrooted with stock

Hi, I'm trying to unroot my phone and put it back on stock. However, I have S-On and my PC is on Win 8.1 Pro which makes fastboot broken (i ran fastboot devices and nothing came up. On ADB, it sees my device) so I can't run Rumrummer to give me S- Off. Can't do the RUU because I need to relock my bootloader but to do that, I need S-Off. What can I do to get around all this to get unrooted and stock?

Sprint Galaxy S III by Samsung

Why settle for less when you can have MOAR

jblaze10
Old
Thanks Meter 76
don't remember where in forum I seen it but if you search a bit you can find the drivers for win 8.1. search and read!

edit.....nice post count!!!!

Zin0
Old
(Last edited by Zin0; 5th December 2013 at 04:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze10 View Post
don't remember where in forum I seen it but if you search a bit you can find the drivers for win 8.1. search and read!

edit.....nice post count!!!!
Hahaha just noticed the 666 But I forgot to mention that I did search for the Win 8.1 drivers but in one thread i saw, they used the win 7 64 bit htc drivers to get it to work. Obviously it didn't work for me, so i'll try finding official win 8.1 drivers. I did see a thread about switching the usb 3.0 drivers to the microsoft intel drivers but my pc uses AMD :/ Any links that anyone finds or extra advice and info is appreciated.

jblaze10
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zin0 View Post
Hahaha just noticed the 666 But I forgot to mention that I did search for the Win 8.1 drivers but in one thread i saw, they used the win 7 64 bit htc drivers to get it to work. Obviously it didn't work for me, so i'll try finding official win 8.1 drivers. I did see a thread about switching the usb 3.0 drivers to the microsoft intel drivers but my pc uses AMD :/ Any links that anyone finds or extra advice and info is appreciated.
I'll try to find the link after work , I can prob get it for you, ha I wouldn't of posted again, that's a milestone

Zin0
Old
(Last edited by Zin0; 5th December 2013 at 05:46 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze10 View Post
I'll try to find the link after work , I can prob get it for you, ha I wouldn't of posted again, that's a milestone
Next milestone is 6,666 ? lol. I found a stock rom reset here This should take care of me getting on stock unrooted. Next problem is to get rid of the tampered sign on the bootloader. Gotta be S-off to do that. So many issues with fastboot though. I"ll try running Rumrunner again when i flash this rom. Not sure if hboot is a prob, it's still 1.44. Actually, would going to stock 4.3 unrooted make the fastboot work again so i can run Rumrunner ?

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7075

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Next milestone is 6,666 ? lol. I found a stock rom reset here This should take care of me getting on stock unrooted. Next problem is to get rid of the tampered sign on the bootloader. Gotta be S-off to do that. So many issues with fastboot though. I"ll try running Rumrunner again when i flash this rom. Not sure if hboot is a prob, it's still 1.44. Actually, would going to stock 4.3 unrooted make the fastboot work again so i can run Rumrunner ?
I have heard updating your hboot to 1.55 will allow the drivers to work in fastboot on Win 8.1

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

Zin0
Old
(Last edited by Zin0; 5th December 2013 at 06:00 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy619 View Post
I have heard updating your hboot to 1.55 will allow the drivers to work in fastboot on Win 8.1
I read that too. On Rumrunner, it requires you to have S-off before you can flash the hboot zip. Unless you know another source that can do it without s off.

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7075

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I read that too. On Rumrunner, it requires you to have S-off before you can flash the hboot zip. Unless you know another source that can do it without s off.
Yeah you are kinda stuck,only think I can suggest is use a different PC which is not Win 8.1

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

Zin0
Old
(Last edited by Zin0; 5th December 2013 at 06:19 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy619 View Post
Yeah you are kinda stuck,only think I can suggest is use a different PC which is not Win 8.1
That's probably what I gotta do. All my computers and laptops are on win 8.1 too haha. No library will let me do this lol. No relatives with win 7 that live around me. Pretty much screwed then haha.

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7075

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
That's probably what I gotta do. All my computers and laptops are on win 8.1 too haha. No library will let me do this lol. No relatives with win 7 that live around me. Pretty much screwed then haha.
Maybe you can downgrade to Win 8

Forum Moderator