5,599,254 Members 37,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] help! ls980 fastboot started,no download mode,no recovery mode!

Tip us?

crixus3811227
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] help! ls980 fastboot started,no download mode,no recovery mode!

hi, guys. several days ago my ls980 got a issue of keep restarting, and then i paid for a guy to fix it. he installed the tot first but it didn't help.so then he used fastboot to boot sth, he told me that s install the partitions.and after that, my phone can't connect to sprint, no phone call no 3g network no message ,even no wifi.no download mode, no recovery. and he just returned my money and said he can't fix it. i don't know what to do with my phone, so i used flashify to boot the partitions that i got from this page http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/9820568-post6.html which is for ls980 v8, and then the phone got to the "fastboot started". i tried a fix tool for that but it didn't work,i cant even get into the download mode. come someone to help me please ! im really hopeless,.thanx.

justinpeyton
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default me to

let me know if it can be fixed. cuz i am in the same boat

obie992
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinpeyton View Post
let me know if it can be fixed. cuz i am in the same boat
same here, I cant put my phone to download mode

Demonlinx
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by crixus3811227 View Post
hi, guys. several days ago my ls980 got a issue of keep restarting, and then i paid for a guy to fix it. he installed the tot first but it didn't help.so then he used fastboot to boot sth, he told me that s install the partitions.and after that, my phone can't connect to sprint, no phone call no 3g network no message ,even no wifi.no download mode, no recovery. and he just returned my money and said he can't fix it. i don't know what to do with my phone, so i used flashify to boot the partitions that i got from this page http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/9820568-post6.html which is for ls980 v8, and then the phone got to the "fastboot started". i tried a fix tool for that but it didn't work,i cant even get into the download mode. come someone to help me please ! im really hopeless,.thanx.
So flashing .tot did or did not allow you to boot? When you say you can't get data this may be because you're efs partition has been wiped, in which case there is nothing you can do but send it back.

High Upon the Mountain
Please hit the Thank button if I helped you out.

Devices:
- Sprint LG G2
- Sprint Motorola Photon
- At&t Htc Aria

das_webos_transformer
Old
Thanks Meter 316

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonlinx View Post
So flashing .tot did or did not allow you to boot? When you say you can't get data this may be because you're efs partition has been wiped, in which case there is nothing you can do but send it back.

High Upon the Mountain
so you're saying that when we backed up our efs it was pointless?
theres a way to restore it, as per http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451390

if youre stuck in fastboot, then you can fix that, and in theory if you still have(had) custom recovery, you could in theory flash an efs restore, one made from the skeleton of another. you can also, maybe, use adb to clunk it over, but im still working on that one. my phone has the restored .tot and it crashes right after boot and the freegee app(SOMEONE TELL THE DEV HE'S RTARTED) needssss internet to open, and it is IMPOSSIBLE. to connect to internet with a bad efs, wifi will not work, along with the radios. so to sum up my situation, i have a phone that turns on, turns back off, and repeats.
LG g2
-IOAP
-ZVA!!!!

Spint Galaxy S III
-Retired!
-Das_ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2545068

Nexus s 4G-SOLD

samsung transform
-Retired
-ChickenPox Latest

acer iconia a100
eh

My Laptop
Latitude D620
core 2 duo 1.6ghz
3GiB RAM
Linux Mint 14

Desktop
AMD 4600+
2gb RAM
Mint 16
GeForce 430+ 6150SE GPU
^^ high tech, i know!

Demonlinx
Old
(Last edited by Demonlinx; 18th March 2014 at 09:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by das_webos_transformer View Post
so you're saying that when we backed up our efs it was pointless?
theres a way to restore it, as per http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451390

if youre stuck in fastboot, then you can fix that, and in theory if you still have(had) custom recovery, you could in theory flash an efs restore, one made from the skeleton of another. you can also, maybe, use adb to clunk it over, but im still working on that one. my phone has the restored .tot and it crashes right after boot and the freegee app(SOMEONE TELL THE DEV HE'S RTARTED) needssss internet to open, and it is IMPOSSIBLE. to connect to internet with a bad efs, wifi will not work, along with the radios. so to sum up my situation, i have a phone that turns on, turns back off, and repeats.
Well yes of course if you made a backup, then restore it. I was assuming that this was not the case.

Is there any way for you to get into recovery? I have not ran into any problem like the one you are encountering, and by the looks of it if a .tot wasn't able to fix it, your best bet may be to send it in and have someone look at it.
Please hit the Thank button if I helped you out.

Devices:
- Sprint LG G2
- Sprint Motorola Photon
- At&t Htc Aria
Tags
fastboot started, ls980