XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Packs for HTC One?

Tip us?

ReckerBF4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Battery Packs for HTC One?

What is the biggest battery pack for HTC one at the moment?

I rather not bring a external battery if can

mrjasenr
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I think the mophie one. I forget how big, but I tried it on at best buy, and it didn't seem bad.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

pbassjunk
Old
(Last edited by pbassjunk; 3rd December 2013 at 12:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Biggest physically? Or biggest capacity..

I have the 3.2A Powerbank (in both black and white), both work great. I chose the white color over the black but was careless when assembling and snapped the top of the case. Replaced it with a black which has a really nice soft texture feel to it. Case adds a nice bit of heft to the phone and doesn't reflect or otherwise interfere with the LED flash.

There's a brand new 4.2A Powerbank (black only afaik). I ordered one over the weekend so will probably be sometime next week before it shows up. I'll post more info when I get it.

There's also the Mophie but it doesn't offer enough capacity imo. If I'm going to alter the feel and profile of the phone, I'm going to get max capability out of it. The M has a slightly different shape and color (more of a gunmetal than black) and a little bit more tapered curve, but the Mophie dimensions are the same as the Powerbank, so they take roughly the same amount of pocket and hand space. Wife has it on her One.

There's one more 3.8A case but as I'm not a fan of the flip over cover I never considered it.

PS - The Mophie charges both the phone and the battery at the same time so you don't have to disassemble anything. The only way to charge the phone and the Powerbank at the same time is to separate the 2 and plug into individual chargers. However, the Powerbank will charge both the phone and the battery sequentially so you don't need to disassemble the case unless you really want to. (1. plug phone/case into charger. 2. press the charger button so the battery case starts charging phone. 3. when it finishes charging phone it switches back to 'ac charging'. 4. huzzah; plug it in before bed, it'll be ready when you get up, etc)

PPS - All work fine with USB/Data/etc.

901-Memphis
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
You can get a 5,000 mAh power case from Mugen.

http://mugen.co/htc/htc-one.html

I just did a review on the 3,000 mAh case and it was able to charge my device from 0 to about 85%. The 5,000 mAh should be able to charge your device fully one time from 0% and again probably from 0 to 40 or 50% if the efficiency is similar.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post48054243

chc31
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Best deals here. Pick and choose your size and price:

http://m.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?kw=anker...ternal+battery

I have a 6000mah, it's incredible. Go with one of these

Previous Devices!

Sony Ericssons W580i>C510a>Xperia X1>HTC Sensation 4G

Elegancia 3.6.0
Bricked Kernel
2300 mAh ebay battery

901-Memphis
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Battery packs are nice to have. I have a battery box that takes 2x18650 rechargeable lithium ion battery and I put Panasonic 3100 mah cells in and it's very powerful with a total of 6,200 mah. I prefer the Mugen case though I can leave it attached to my phone and use it when I need it.

jblaze10
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by chc31 View Post
Best deals here. Pick and choose your size and price:

http://m.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?kw=anker...ternal+battery

I have a 6000mah, it's incredible. Go with one of these

+1 to this I have the 10,000mah and its more than enough and anker is solid imo!!

altair_88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
Battery packs are nice to have. I have a battery box that takes 2x18650 rechargeable lithium ion battery and I put Panasonic 3100 mah cells in and it's very powerful with a total of 6,200 mah. I prefer the Mugen case though I can leave it attached to my phone and use it when I need it.
+1!!!!

M-XXXX
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I'm also looking for a good battery pack for my One. But I'm not willing to pay more than 20 and It should be universal. What are you recommending?

princeagar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Are power banks safe for the battery ???

Hello everyone i just had a querry, will these powerbanks be safe for the battery, i have heard that if they charge too fast or too slow then it may damage the battery life of the phone
any help will be much appreciated
thank you

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I am looking to purchase this 1

www .flipkart. com/ ambrane- p-10- plus-p10/p /itmdmh8fhhjhbncy? pid=PWBDMH8YDYTUPBHQ&ref=d8a68233-5ced-4cb2-99c1-2afb0565aeca[/url]

it's cheap and appears to be good