XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Black bars when using Note 10.1 with MHL adapter

Tip us?

MikeReives
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Black bars when using Note 10.1 with MHL adapter

I've been using the Note 10.1 2014 for a week now and all in all I've been having an iffy experience. This is my first foray into the world of tablets so perhaps I was expecting a little something more robust for my money but nonetheless, I've taken the plunge.

The problem I'm having is when I connect this tablet to my TV (1080p screen) with the MHL adapter, it renders black bars on either side of the image probably because the aspect ratio of this tablet is different. I find this extremely annoying.

How can I force this tablet to render its MHL video output in 1080p and not have those black bars on either side?

dougiefresh181
Old
Thanks Meter 9
i dont think there is a way. the note has a 2560x1600 display, which is 16:10, as opposed to the 16:9 aspect ratio of 1080p. you would have to alter the resolution of the output
Pretty fly for a wi-fi

francanna
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Samsung video forces the output at 16:9 ratio by turning off tab screen. Thatis tne optimal solution for movies. But the problem stays for general external monitor use....

Inviato dal mio SM-P605 con Tapatalk 4