5,595,196 Members 46,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Express games slowdown

Tip us?

xoom1
Old
(Last edited by xoom1; 30th November 2013 at 09:51 PM.) Reason: Not sure if 4.1.2 is Jelly Bean or ICS.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung Galaxy Express games slowdown

Hello all, I have a Samsung Galaxy Express, which is basically a gimped SIII and ran into some weird slowdown issues. I first noticed with Fast & Furious 6. When I first installed it, it ran smooth. After a few weeks, the game became so choppy it was close to unplayable. I just thought it was a fluke, maybe one of the updates didn't like my phone.

So, after this and other random issues, I did a factory reset. After that I downloaded Injustice, very happy it was finally added for android. Same thing, at first it ran great but after a week or two it started to become choppy. I have cleared all my caches, cleared my ram right before playing by using an app All-in-One Toolbox and I have 2.3 Gigs free space out of 5 Gigs.

The phone runs on Jelly Bean(I think, whatever is 4.1.2) and the model number is SGH-I437. I know there are at least two different Samsung Galaxy Express model numbers so that is why I added that info. I apologize if this issue has ever been asked before, I did a couple searches and could not find anything. Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated!

nasheich
Old
Thanks Meter 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoom1 View Post
Hello all, I have a Samsung Galaxy Express, which is basically a gimped SIII and ran into some weird slowdown issues. I first noticed with Fast & Furious 6. When I first installed it, it ran smooth. After a few weeks, the game became so choppy it was close to unplayable. I just thought it was a fluke, maybe one of the updates didn't like my phone.

So, after this and other random issues, I did a factory reset. After that I downloaded Injustice, very happy it was finally added for android. Same thing, at first it ran great but after a week or two it started to become choppy. I have cleared all my caches, cleared my ram right before playing by using an app All-in-One Toolbox and I have 2.3 Gigs free space out of 5 Gigs.

The phone runs on Jelly Bean(I think, whatever is 4.1.2) and the model number is SGH-I437. I know there are at least two different Samsung Galaxy Express model numbers so that is why I added that info. I apologize if this issue has ever been asked before, I did a couple searches and could not find anything. Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated!
too much application installed and running
the most important is chat messenger application, you have too delete it
The Following User Says Thank You to nasheich For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xoom1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasheich View Post
too much application installed and running
the most important is chat messenger application, you have too delete it
Yea only problem is that my phone is not rooted so I am not allowed to get rid of any of the "bloatware" applications... I tried to root this phone using Unlock Root Pro or whatever it was called but it did not work. And as far as I know that was the only way to root the Express in the past.

nasheich
Old
Thanks Meter 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoom1 View Post
Yea only problem is that my phone is not rooted so I am not allowed to get rid of any of the "bloatware" applications... I tried to root this phone using Unlock Root Pro or whatever it was called but it did not work. And as far as I know that was the only way to root the Express in the past.
no need to root, just delete some unused apps