Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,708 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cases for Dell Venue 8 (Android)

Tip us?
 
Intake
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Cases for Dell Venue 8 (Android)

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for dell venue 8 cases? I've been looking everywhere and all I see are cases for the pro series. I found one but the black color is out of stock on amazon with only purple and pink colors left, which I don't want haha.
 
streak4m3
Old
#2  
streak4m3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 186
Posts: 582
Join Date: Nov 2010
I have an Evercase in black that I got from Amazon as it was about the only option available at the time.

It does not fold over backwards or stand as well as it possibly could. Otherwise a nice looking quality product. Has to be left open to charge, kind of bothersome. So I'd give it 3.5 stars on design, 4 stars on quality and 5 stars on price.

http://www.amazon.com/Evecase-SlimBo...owViewpoints=1

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Google Nexus 5 - 4.4.2 Stock ROM
Dell Venue 8 - 4.4.2 Stock ROM
 
droidnext
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 126
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intake View Post
Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for dell venue 8 cases? I've been looking everywhere and all I see are cases for the pro series. I found one but the black color is out of stock on amazon with only purple and pink colors left, which I don't want haha.
I just ordered this, look very nice. Make sure you click on Dell Venue 8 (Android) tab.

http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Windows-...ell+venue+case
 
Intake
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by streak4m3 View Post
I have an Evercase in black that I got from Amazon as it was about the only option available at the time.

It does not fold over backwards or stand as well as it possibly could. Otherwise a nice looking quality product. Has to be left open to charge, kind of bothersome. So I'd give it 3.5 stars on design, 4 stars on quality and 5 stars on price.


Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This was the only one I was able to find too, but the black sold out when I posted this and was not available for backorder. Looks like i'm now able to back order it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidnext View Post
I just ordered this, look very nice. Make sure you click on Dell Venue 8 (Android) tab.
Oh sweet, thanks, I wasn't able to find this the last time I tried to look for a case. This one looks real nice and it looks like it has a magnetic cover too. I might get this one but I'm not sure what to pick between the two.. decisions decisions..
 
deltatux
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 128
Posts: 572
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto
Does anyone know any good cases that can be sold in Canada? The Amazon link only ships to US addresses. I'm interested in getting the Dell Venue 8 but all the good cases I've found are either for the Venue 8 Pro or the Venue 7...

Thanks,
deltatux
Google Nexus 4 16 GB (E960 R11 304K)
Slim ROM 4.4.4 5.10 (KTU84P)
Slim Kernel 3.6 (3.4.92)

ASUS Nexus 7 16 GB 1st Gen
Slim ROM 4.4.4 5.10 (KTU84P)
M-Kernel a69 F2FS (3.1.10)
 
just lou
Old
#6  
just lou's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 588
Posts: 1,701
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidnext View Post
I just ordered this, look very nice. Make sure you click on Dell Venue 8 (Android) tab.

http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Windows-...ell+venue+case
Yesterday it said it would be in stock tomorrow. Now it says December 15, and the price went up $3. :/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
TheUnforgiven83
Old
#7  
TheUnforgiven83's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 87
Join Date: May 2012
Location: North Georgia
I bought the Targus Kickstand Case for $14.99 from Dell with my Venue 8, and while and it fits the tablet very nicely, it blocks the charging port when closed and it lacks a loop to stash a stylus. Other than that, it is a nice solid well made case.
<Insert Random Quote Here>
 
ayman86
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 248
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidnext View Post
I just ordered this, look very nice. Make sure you click on Dell Venue 8 (Android) tab.

http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Windows-...ell+venue+case
nice find. i hope i can cancel my order for the poetic case on ebay so i can buy this
 
BMWBig6
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 17
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnforgiven83 View Post
I bought the Targus Kickstand Case for $14.99 from Dell with my Venue 8, and while and it fits the tablet very nicely, it blocks the charging port when closed and it lacks a loop to stash a stylus. Other than that, it is a nice solid well made case.
Do you have a link to the Targus Kickstand case for the Venue 8? I can't seem to find a picture.

I did find a "Folio kickstand case" for $29.99. Is that it?
 
TheUnforgiven83
Old
#10  
TheUnforgiven83's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 87
Join Date: May 2012
Location: North Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBig6 View Post
Do you have a link to the Targus Kickstand case for the Venue 8? I can't seem to find a picture.

I did find a "Folio kickstand case" for $29.99. Is that it?
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/prod...1&sku=460-BBHP

The description is wrong though. The case has no stylus holder which kinda annoys me... I'm thinking about ordering the other case for it which does have a stylus holder. Also this case blocks the charging port when it is closed. I'll link some pics of it soon if you'd like.
<Insert Random Quote Here>

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...