Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,708 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cases for Dell Venue 8 (Android)

Tip us?

Intake
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cases for Dell Venue 8 (Android)

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for dell venue 8 cases? I've been looking everywhere and all I see are cases for the pro series. I found one but the black color is out of stock on amazon with only purple and pink colors left, which I don't want haha.

streak4m3
Old
Thanks Meter 186
I have an Evercase in black that I got from Amazon as it was about the only option available at the time.

It does not fold over backwards or stand as well as it possibly could. Otherwise a nice looking quality product. Has to be left open to charge, kind of bothersome. So I'd give it 3.5 stars on design, 4 stars on quality and 5 stars on price.

http://www.amazon.com/Evecase-SlimBo...owViewpoints=1

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Google Nexus 5 - 4.4.2 Stock ROM
Dell Venue 8 - 4.4.2 Stock ROM

droidnext
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intake View Post
Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for dell venue 8 cases? I've been looking everywhere and all I see are cases for the pro series. I found one but the black color is out of stock on amazon with only purple and pink colors left, which I don't want haha.
I just ordered this, look very nice. Make sure you click on Dell Venue 8 (Android) tab.

http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Windows-...ell+venue+case

Intake
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by streak4m3 View Post
I have an Evercase in black that I got from Amazon as it was about the only option available at the time.

It does not fold over backwards or stand as well as it possibly could. Otherwise a nice looking quality product. Has to be left open to charge, kind of bothersome. So I'd give it 3.5 stars on design, 4 stars on quality and 5 stars on price.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This was the only one I was able to find too, but the black sold out when I posted this and was not available for backorder. Looks like i'm now able to back order it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidnext View Post
I just ordered this, look very nice. Make sure you click on Dell Venue 8 (Android) tab.
Oh sweet, thanks, I wasn't able to find this the last time I tried to look for a case. This one looks real nice and it looks like it has a magnetic cover too. I might get this one but I'm not sure what to pick between the two.. decisions decisions..

deltatux
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Does anyone know any good cases that can be sold in Canada? The Amazon link only ships to US addresses. I'm interested in getting the Dell Venue 8 but all the good cases I've found are either for the Venue 8 Pro or the Venue 7...

Thanks,
deltatux
Google Nexus 4 16 GB (E960 R11 304K)
Slim ROM 4.4.4 5.10 (KTU84P)
Slim Kernel 3.6 (3.4.92)

ASUS Nexus 7 16 GB 1st Gen
Slim ROM 4.4.4 5.10 (KTU84P)
M-Kernel a69 F2FS (3.1.10)

just lou
Old
Thanks Meter 588
Quote:

Yesterday it said it would be in stock tomorrow. Now it says December 15, and the price went up $3. :/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheUnforgiven83
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I bought the Targus Kickstand Case for $14.99 from Dell with my Venue 8, and while and it fits the tablet very nicely, it blocks the charging port when closed and it lacks a loop to stash a stylus. Other than that, it is a nice solid well made case.
<Insert Random Quote Here>

ayman86
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:

nice find. i hope i can cancel my order for the poetic case on ebay so i can buy this

BMWBig6
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnforgiven83 View Post
I bought the Targus Kickstand Case for $14.99 from Dell with my Venue 8, and while and it fits the tablet very nicely, it blocks the charging port when closed and it lacks a loop to stash a stylus. Other than that, it is a nice solid well made case.
Do you have a link to the Targus Kickstand case for the Venue 8? I can't seem to find a picture.

I did find a "Folio kickstand case" for $29.99. Is that it?

TheUnforgiven83
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBig6 View Post
Do you have a link to the Targus Kickstand case for the Venue 8? I can't seem to find a picture.

I did find a "Folio kickstand case" for $29.99. Is that it?
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/prod...1&sku=460-BBHP

The description is wrong though. The case has no stylus holder which kinda annoys me... I'm thinking about ordering the other case for it which does have a stylus holder. Also this case blocks the charging port when it is closed. I'll link some pics of it soon if you'd like.
<Insert Random Quote Here>