[Q] Recovery has Red Triangle

Search This thread

hocplyr98

Jun 20, 2010
After I converted my HTC One to the GPE, I went to go update to 4.4. After the supposed update, it still says I'm using 4.3, so I went to go into Recovery, but I get this red triangle with the exclamation point. What can I do to get myself KitKat? Also, I thought converting to the GPE was supposed to just give me the automatic updates... Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Trinition

swag1981

Dec 3, 2013
Cincinnati
After I converted my HTC One to the GPE, I went to go update to 4.4. After the supposed update, it still says I'm using 4.3, so I went to go into Recovery, but I get this red triangle with the exclamation point. What can I do to get myself KitKat? Also, I thought converting to the GPE was supposed to just give me the automatic updates... Thanks in advance.

Same thing happened to me. After you install the RUU you must flash the stock recovery (found in the zip of the RUU) for the update to work. Get into the bootloader, turn on fastboot and install the stock recovery. You may have to reflash the RUU but i would just try the recovery first.

leventbb

Jan 18, 2009
I have a similar problem.
I converted my HTC to GPe via 4.3 about a month ago and had flashed stock recovery back to be able to get the OTAs (but kept root).
A couple of days ago, I noticed that I do not have root anymore but didnt care then.. and now today I received 4.4, but since I use Xposed, my app_process is modified and OTA will likely fail and even could wipe my data partition as it did last time - stupid HTC.
So I have no root, whenever I drop to recovery I receive red triangle with dead android and received 4.4 now...
what should I do? preferably without a computer as I'm at work :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What you're seeing is the stock recovery