5,606,650 Members 36,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help unlocking s3 to metro pcs

Tip us?

tycujo
Old
(Last edited by tycujo; 22nd November 2013 at 01:29 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help unlocking s3 to metro pcs

I am alright with phones understand android a decent amount and computer as well. I worked at Radioshack for 3 years so know my way around most nondeveloper things on a phone. I need to edit my apn setting on my S3 to be able to use data on metropcs. Everything else works but data. I can not edit APN as it is just blanked out. Is there a way to just edit the apn settings without rooting or must I root the phone? If I have to root can I have step my step instructions for the easiest way to do it. A link to a thread would be fine.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks guys,
Tyler

tycujo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycujo View Post
I am alright with phones understand android a decent amount and computer as well. I worked at Radioshack for 3 years so know my way around most nondeveloper things on a phone. I need to edit my apn setting on my S3 to be able to use data on metropcs. Everything else works but data. I can not edit APN as it is just blanked out. Is there a way to just edit the apn settings without rooting or must I root the phone? If I have to root can I have step my step instructions for the easiest way to do it. A link to a thread would be fine.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks guys,
Tyler
Any help?

skyss07
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Smile Correct me if I'm wrong

If you are on the stock rom and just rooted or non-rooted, maybe that's the reason of it because for me (just my opinion and observation), Verizon allows only mobile data to them, but if you just want to call and text, it will just notify you that you have unknown sim card but you can do call and text.

ojpd
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyss07 View Post
If you are on the stock rom and just rooted or non-rooted, maybe that's the reason of it because for me (just my opinion and observation), Verizon allows only mobile data to them, but if you just want to call and text, it will just notify you that you have unknown sim card but you can do call and text.
Dude, would you mind if I PM you a none thread related question?

skyss07
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Smile yup!

Sure, as long as I can answer your question. I loved to help people
The Following User Says Thank You to skyss07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ojpd
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyss07 View Post
Sure, as long as I can answer your question. I loved to help people
Hey man,

I'll pm you!