5,596,179 Members 34,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Install Google Play store apps on A Kindle Fire when you don't have another Android d

Tip us?

hotwheelslover98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Install Google Play store apps on A Kindle Fire when you don't have another Android d

I just found this article online. This is perfect for anyone with a computer and a kindle fire they don't want to root. NOTE This is not just a guide on side loading apps.
https://eweforia.wordpress.com/2013/...ndroid-device/

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk HD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotwheelslover98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Android Cowboy
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Yeah, Bluestacks is definitely one way to go at it but still too cumbersome for most people. I've got a page where I have posted common apk files that people need and willing to add more on request. Just leave a comment on the page for an app that you need. http://androidcowboy.com/android-apk-files-download/

hotwheelslover98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: Install Google Play store apps on A Kindle Fire when you don't have another Andro

Do you have any Kindle friendly links to work with? I tried to download them directly, and of course mega being mega, wants you to download the desktop version of chrome to download. :banghead: (Darn you Mega!!!) I know a lot of people will download from their Kindles, so you know.

robertfaulkner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default RFaulk

Appreciated the article, got as far as 'bluestacks' only to be told that my Windows needed 'SP2'. Not being massively computer literate this confused me. Does this mean in order for this to work i need to update my software from somewhere or am i going to have to shell out for a new laptop??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheelslover98 View Post
I just found this article online. This is perfect for anyone with a computer and a kindle fire they don't want to root. NOTE This is not just a guide on side loading apps.
[

Krsmqn
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Default Re: Install Google Play store apps on A Kindle Fire when you don't have another Andro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheelslover98 View Post
Do you have any Kindle friendly links to work with? I tried to download them directly, and of course mega being mega, wants you to download the desktop version of chrome to download. :banghead: (Darn you Mega!!!) I know a lot of people will download from their Kindles, so you know.

Chainfire 3d allowed chrome to be seen and Downloaded in the play store.

Sent from my KFHD using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362583461369.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1783913  
Do you own a ZTE Source? If so, visit the ZTE Source thread!

Is your Kindle bricked? Visit the Kindle Fire First Aide thread. Get a SkOrPn Factory Cable.

robertfaulkner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sky Go Struggle on-going

I have followed the instructions on the original link and managed to get Sky + working on my kindle and Sky Go installed on the tablet. However, whenever i try to open a channel the same old 'device not supported' text comes up!?

I thought i was getting somewhere only to grind to a halt. Any ideas from the floor?

4iiiidnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Blue stacks is great! I have Play Store installed, and it force closes every time I open it; however, I've the log-on services framework installed. Maybe a few other things. I use blue stacks to access my existing play store apps I paid for, back them up using ES File Explorer, and upload onto google drive. I haven't had a problem installing and using paid for play store apps; play store closes, but it only really needs to be installed. It never lets me get past the terms of service agreement before closing.

Anyone getting past that without rooting? That kinda messes with the stock apps--considering I need those to work, rooting will never happen for my kfhd8.9.

hotwheelslover98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krsmqn View Post

I'm talking about the version you use on a Windows or Mac computer. I was using a copy of Chrome for Android already.

Send From My Kindle Fire HD Using Tapatalk HD

EnigmaReborn
Old
Thanks Meter 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krsmqn View Post

I don't trust chainfire. Especially since I don't have a recovery.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

stonebear
Old
Thanks Meter 532
Everything installs except vending.apk so I have no Play store. I am rooted. I don't understand because there is already a vending apk in system/apps but if you click that it won't install either. Writing over t with the new one just leads to not being able to install the new one, re-booting doesn't help. I am stuck.