XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] N9005 Wifi don't work, and don't show wifi icon

Tip us?

usuariocubano
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] N9005 Wifi don't work, and don't show wifi icon

I have a new and unlocked Note 3 N9005 region code XSP, i'm in usa, all is good but when i turn on the wifi don't find my wifi or any other and don't show the wifi icon on the top. have a XSP-N9005XXUBMJ1 Firmware, and when o change to XSP-N9005XXUDMJ7 the problem was solved and show the wifi icon and work's but i tried to root the cell with CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005 and again have the same problem with the wifi, anybody can help me to solve that problem???

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1241

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuariocubano View Post
I have a new and unlocked Note 3 N9005 region code XSP, i'm in usa, all is good but when i turn on the wifi don't find my wifi or any other and don't show the wifi icon on the top. have a XSP-N9005XXUBMJ1 Firmware, and when o change to XSP-N9005XXUDMJ7 the problem was solved and show the wifi icon and work's but i tried to root the cell with CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005 and again have the same problem with the wifi, anybody can help me to solve that problem???
It finds the WiFi on one firmware but not that other?

could just be one is slightly buggy, Or there is a very small possibility that there could lay a hardware problem (more than likely not though) - try and keep on the MJ7 fw if you can, as for rooting and having the issue. It certainly seems strange. - Assume you have tripped your KNOX ? Try stock flash via ODIN and then try and see if you can root it again, if you haven't tripped KNOX already then it will trip it so be careful.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

usuariocubano
Old
(Last edited by usuariocubano; 2nd December 2013 at 12:06 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
It finds the WiFi on one firmware but not that other?

could just be one is slightly buggy, Or there is a very small possibility that there could lay a hardware problem (more than likely not though) - try and keep on the MJ7 fw if you can, as for rooting and having the issue. It certainly seems strange. - Assume you have tripped your KNOX ? Try stock flash via ODIN and then try and see if you can root it again, if you haven't tripped KNOX already then it will trip it so be careful.

the N9005 came new and don't tunr on the wifi, the phone is N9005 Region XSP, at first time i think is wifi region problem, i add to the XSP-N9005XXUBMJ1 the CSC from PHE-N9005XXUBMJ1 to get Spanish and work fine but NO wifi, them i try to rooted with CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar, and rooted fine, but NO wifi. them i try to add firmware XSP-N9005XXUDMJ7 with CSC PHE-N9005XXUDMJ7 and at this time the wifi work perfectly but loose the rooted them i try to rotted again with CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar, and at this time again the Wifi don't work, and don't show the wifi icon on the top. I think if i can get back to the N9005XXUBMJ1 but i can't. my Knox 0x1 . you know what i have to do to solve that problem ?? i have flash many times again with the original XSP-N9005XXUDMJ7 nad all is the same and wifi no work

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1241

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
the N9005 came new and don't tunr on the wifi, the phone is N9005 Region XSP, at first time i think is wifi region problem, i add to the XSP-N9005XXUBMJ1 the CSC from PHE-N9005XXUBMJ1 to get Spanish and work fine but NO wifi, them i try to rooted with CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar, and rooted fine, but NO wifi. them i try to add firmware XSP-N9005XXUDMJ7 with CSC PHE-N9005XXUDMJ7 and at this time the wifi work perfectly but loose the rooted them i try to rotted again with CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar, and at this time again the Wifi don't work, and don't show the wifi icon on the top. I think if i can get back to the N9005XXUBMJ1 but i can't. my Knox 0x1 . you know what i have to do to solve that problem ??
OK, if you have upgraded already (which you have) to MJ7 you won't be able to downgrade back to MJ1, MJ7 carries a new bootloader and Samsung have blocked downgrades. - Go on to sammobile.com and find the stock firmware you need with the CSC you require. - Flash the stock firmware you need to the device with ODIN, then once you have done that check your WiFi to see if it works or not, then root the phone as you normally would and see if it still works. It seems like it's just a small bug with the software.
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

usuariocubano
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
OK, if you have upgraded already (which you have) to MJ7 you won't be able to downgrade back to MJ1, MJ7 carries a new bootloader and Samsung have blocked downgrades. - Go on to sammobile.com and find the stock firmware you need with the CSC you require. - Flash the stock firmware you need to the device with ODIN, then once you have done that check your WiFi to see if it works or not, then root the phone as you normally would and see if it still works. It seems like it's just a small bug with the software.
when you say stock firmware, is the : XSP-N9005XXUDMJ7-20131120114229 ??? , if is this, i flashed that some times and nothing

usuariocubano
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
somebody can help me??

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1241

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
when you say stock firmware, is the : XSP-N9005XXUDMJ7-20131120114229 ??? , if is this, i flashed that some times and nothing
XSP -CSC and N9005XXUDMJ7 is the stock firmware you require on your device? -- I'm not sure what the issue could be, as it is only happening sometimes and not all the time, so that rules out HW and a list of other things. I'd put it down to buggy software. Go with the firmware that worked, that is the safest option currently until you/we can figure out what the issue is.

semeru
Old
Thanks Meter 8
if you're rooted, maybe you can try this, mine n900 works fine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot005.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	2427668  

usuariocubano
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by semeru View Post
if you're rooted, maybe you can try this, mine n900 works fine
Can you explain me a little more what i have to do??

Killberty
Old
Thanks Meter 382
He wants you to flash another kernel.

If you have already tripped your knox its ok, but u havent keep your finger away from it.

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app