XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No 3G service with Google Edition 4.4 ROMs

Tip us?

mitchellaneous
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] No 3G service with Google Edition 4.4 ROMs

I know I'm more likely to find my answer posting in the thread for the ROM that I'm using but as a new user apparently I can't post in that forum at all. I know the issue I'm having is common with GE 4.4 ROMs, but after having read through threads for more than one of these ROMs, I seem to be the only one having this specific issue.

I'm using the Dandroid 4.4 GE ROM, though I had this same issue with one on the 9505 dev forum too. Even after flashing the updated modem.bin, I'm unable to get 3G service to work at all, at least not for long. I'm not talking about just data either - if I'm in an area with no LTE reception, and anything other than 2G service is selected, I won't get any signal whatsoever. If LTE is available and selected, it'll work, though my signal doesn't seem to be as strong. If I have the phone scan for mobile networks and actually select T-Mobile, 3G service will work briefly, but after only a few minutes it drops out completely and never comes back.

So did I flash the wrong modem or do something incorrectly somewhere along the line? Anyone else having this issue?

mitchellaneous
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Nevermind, I think I solved my own problem. I guess the modem.bin had never flashed correctly, I reflashed it last night, twice, and it seems to have stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellaneous View Post
I know I'm more likely to find my answer posting in the thread for the ROM that I'm using but as a new user apparently I can't post in that forum at all. I know the issue I'm having is common with GE 4.4 ROMs, but after having read through threads for more than one of these ROMs, I seem to be the only one having this specific issue.

I'm using the Dandroid 4.4 GE ROM, though I had this same issue with one on the 9505 dev forum too. Even after flashing the updated modem.bin, I'm unable to get 3G service to work at all, at least not for long. I'm not talking about just data either - if I'm in an area with no LTE reception, and anything other than 2G service is selected, I won't get any signal whatsoever. If LTE is available and selected, it'll work, though my signal doesn't seem to be as strong. If I have the phone scan for mobile networks and actually select T-Mobile, 3G service will work briefly, but after only a few minutes it drops out completely and never comes back.

So did I flash the wrong modem or do something incorrectly somewhere along the line? Anyone else having this issue?