This is the main problem:
If you don't know what you're doing, find a guide first. If it doesn't make sense -> ask before you try anything.
Originally Posted by SaidJan
I was not folllowing a guide.
If you definitely have a CDMA Desire (BravoC without SIM card slot) then read this
- You are lucky you didn't actually flash any of the hboots from alpharev. They are for GSM Desires, not CDMA. You would have bricked it if you successfully flashed it.
- Next try understand what you're doing. Even if you could flash the hboot, it won't upgrade your desire to 2.3.7. These only repartition your internal memory.
- It looks like you are already s-off as your hboot version is 6.93.9999. Can you confirm this? Power off and boot to bootloader (Volume down + power), post everything it says at the top of the screen.
What I believe is that your recovery is somehow corrupted. You simply need to reflash recovery, full wipe and flash a ROM which is compatible with CDMA desire (you could hopefully find one with Android 2.3.7 or higher).
- Download the recovery.zip from here
, halfway through 1st post: (Desire CDMA) link.
- Extract the .zip, and find the recovery.img file.
- Use a guide
, flash the recovery.img through fastboot commands
- You should now be able to boot into 4EXT recovery.
- A custom rom is likley to require an sd-card partition, so backup sd card and partition with 4EXT recovery
- Find a ROM which is compatible with CDMA Desire, copy ROM.zip to sdcard.
- Nandroid backup (backup existing ROM in case you need to recover things from it later)
- "Wipe all partitions except sdcard" within 4EXT Recovery
- Flash ROM.zip
My knowledge is mainly to do with GSM Desire, never worked with CDMA. Main thing you need to realise is that a lot of the development work is focussed on GSM version. Anything you flash / install must be compatible with your CDMA desire.