[Q] Kernel for a good battery life

Tip us?

Makaveli64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Kernel for a good battery life

Hello,
I would like some advice to choose a kernel to conserve Battery life for my HOX.

I'm french and I don't understand english very well so I'm lost in differents topics of this forum.

My HTC One X is root and his custom rom is SentinelRom V5.

Thanks for your help and sorry for my very bad english (I use the reverso translator).

PS : Thanks to timmaaa to have me to indicate the good forum.

One-X-master
Old
Thanks Meter 2039
Flash a sense Rom because cm and aosp roms doesnt have good battery life as sense on sense you could reach 4 and on aosp/cm you can reach only max then 2 hours onscreen

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Makaveli64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I know that but I don't like sense rom because there are few parameters compared to customs roms. Is it possible to get back these various parameters on a custom rom ? Before I had ViperX 4.04 rom but I have it found not well enough.

In fact, I would want a rom with the same parameters as CM but with better battery life.

I hope that you understand what I mean and thank you having answered me.

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 7470

DONATE TO ME
Will not happen, because then all aosp roms would have the same batt life as sense roms. I mean, it would be a configuration applied to all aosp roms already and there would not be a difference anymore

Makaveli64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
Will not happen, because then all aosp roms would have the same batt life as sense roms. I mean, it would be a configuration applied to all aosp roms already and there would not be a difference anymore
Thus, what I can make to improve battery life of my HOX if I want keep a custom rom in it ? I have already optimized the parameters : almost all my not essential applications are blocked in the boot and the brightness is always adjusted at least. Nevertheless, the battery never lasts of 8 hours.

One-X-master
Old
Thanks Meter 2039
Without sense Rom you can't get good battery life on aosp/cm !!! Even with customs kernels you can't get that much like with sense roms....and which parameters do you mean that aren't in sense so you don't like it?

Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Makaveli64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I shall not know in English but I find that customs roms are more fluid and fast than sense rom... there would be a compromise enter the performance of the customs roms and the battery life of stocks roms ?

One-X-master
Old
Thanks Meter 2039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli64 View Post
I shall not know in English but I find that customs roms are more fluid and fast than sense rom... there would be a compromise enter the performance of the customs roms and the battery life of stocks roms ?
If you take a sense 5 Rom with Alex-V kernel you will see that the phone will be as fast as with cm/aosp Rom or even faster those roms aren't the fastest for hox

Makaveli64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-X-master View Post
If you take a sense 5 Rom with Alex-V kernel you will see that the phone will be as fast as with cm/aosp Rom or even faster those roms aren't the fastest for hox

Which Sense Rom I should take according to you ? I suppose that for installation, I flash (I don't know if is the good term in english) Rom with recovery custom first and flash kernel after with fastboot ?

lemonfugu
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli64 View Post
Which Sense Rom I should take according to you ? I suppose that for installation, I flash (I don't know if is the good term in english) Rom with recovery custom first and flash kernel after with fastboot ?
I don't know how much battery life you expect. I'd agree that you will get more out of a Sense based rom like ViperXL. I recently have been using the Beanstalk 4.4 rom with Torched KK b2 and I noticed amazing battery life for some reason. I had a nice charge from 7 am to about 12 am on light usage. I honestly didn't expect it to last that long. I would just try some things out and see what happens. ViperXL has the most stability and battery life I think still though.