5,597,501 Members 31,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

what will cwm backup for me?

Tip us?

AfiAzrael
Old
(Last edited by AfiAzrael; 8th October 2012 at 03:52 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default what will cwm backup for me?

I have a question about what will the cwm backup?

if I backup a system with locked bootloader,will the bootloader relock after I restore the system from an unlocked bootloader system?

which content will cwm backup?(include kernel?)

-m3ta-
Old
(Last edited by -m3ta-; 11th July 2012 at 11:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
"Before we tell you how awesome Nandroid backup is, lets look at what it means. Nandroid backup is a complete backup of your phone. When we say complete, it means everything on your phone – your apps, data, your current ROM and even the kernel. It is like creating a full system image of your phone that can be restored later, when required."

Taken from How to Perform a Nandroid Backup and Restore it to your Android Device

As for the bootloader:

"There is currently no method of returning to an entirely locked state. You can use fastboot to lock the bootloader, but it will always read Re-Locked, rather than locked. Don't say you weren't warned."

Taken from XDA Wiki

This page refers to HTC One X, but it may be device specific... what's your Android phone model?

EDIT: On Sony mobiles you can't also revert the process...

"Also note that there is no turning back once you have unlocked the boot loader. You will not be able to revert the phone to a locked or original state if you unlock it. In addition, if you brick the phone, it is your own responsibility."

Taken from Unlocking the boot loader
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -m3ta- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

speed_bot
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1248

DONATE TO ME
in simple it backs up every single file in your device.....if im not wrong you cant have cwm on locked bootloaders......

For all the coloured chaps of xda please feel free to join my Facebook Group

My work's

[HELP/Q&A][SourceBuilding,AllDevices] The Source Building Q&A Help Thread
PAC Man rom for
Fit Grand
Cmx for Fit
Buy me a beer if you found my work helpful.

tinyutilsdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Nandroid is a perfect backup tool !! esp. for those who crave to try new ROMs. I'm on Defy and every week, I try a new build of ICS ROM from various people. All I need to do is to backup my MIUI 2.4.20 ROM and flash the new ROM. If the new ROM has problems, it hardly takes 10 min to get my phone to its previous state !!

Hit Thanks if it helps !
The Following User Says Thank You to tinyutilsdroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AfiAzrael
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by -m3ta- View Post
"Before we tell you how awesome Nandroid backup is, lets look at what it means. Nandroid backup is a complete backup of your phone. When we say complete, it means everything on your phone your apps, data, your current ROM and even the kernel. It is like creating a full system image of your phone that can be restored later, when required."

Taken from How to Perform a Nandroid Backup and Restore it to your Android Device

As for the bootloader:

"There is currently no method of returning to an entirely locked state. You can use fastboot to lock the bootloader, but it will always read Re-Locked, rather than locked. Don't say you weren't warned."

Taken from XDA Wiki

This page refers to HTC One X, but it may be device specific... what's your Android phone model?

EDIT: On Sony mobiles you can't also revert the process...

"Also note that there is no turning back once you have unlocked the boot loader. You will not be able to revert the phone to a locked or original state if you unlock it. In addition, if you brick the phone, it is your own responsibility."

Taken from Unlocking the boot loader
thx,it really helped me,my phone is se neo v

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay8055 View Post
in simple it backs up every single file in your device.....if im not wrong you cant have cwm on locked bootloaders......
thx for ur reply,but rooted phone without unlock bootloader also can install cwm,anyway,thx.

Sent from my pure white Neo V.
(sorry for my broken English)

CounterC
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Default MODs

Will CWM backup and restore MODs like Viper4android, Crossbreeder, Pure performances, ...?