5,598,086 Members 42,787 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Has anyone tried this? Qi Wireless Charging Pad and Receiver Kit for Note 2

Tip us?

WPMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Default Has anyone tried this? Qi Wireless Charging Pad and Receiver Kit for Note 2

I kind of want to get one mainly because it does not need any tinkering with the device, just stick the receiver or position itself on top of the battery and close the back cover.

Device in the picture is the GS3 though the website says it's for the Note 2.

Link: http://www.qiwireless.com/astore/qi-...samsung-note2/
Price: $48.30

mrbkkt1
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPMan View Post
I kind of want to get one mainly because it does not need any tinkering with the device, just stick the receiver or position itself on top of the battery and close the back cover.

Won't work with T-Mobile version though.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Current devices: Galaxy Note 2 Stock,Nexus 4-stock, galaxy tab 2-7, galaxy note 10.1
Previous devices:
Sensation 4G Bruce cm10 jellybean, Asus TF300, Blackberry Playbook, Nexus 1, SE Xperia x1a,HTC Kaiser,Nokia N80,Sony Ericsson W800, Nokia 9500, Motorolla MPX 300 (winmo3), and dozens more. also have an iphone 3g and ipad2 in the family.

Double0EK
Old
Thanks Meter 726
Quick search. .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2221474

farfromovin
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Yeah, works alright. Wireless charging is kinda limited to 600-700ma or if you tinker with some wires and solder you should be able to run around 1-1.1A of charging current.
Tmobile Note 2- powered by XDA magic.

joshw0000
Old
Thanks Meter 413
To get wireless charging on the Verizon Note 2, you have to remove the back cover and solder 2 connectors or cut away the plastic concealing the 2 protectors - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slD4...e_gdata_player.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to joshw0000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wellmall
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wirelss Charging pad and receiver for GS3

Quote:

I think they are different. I got the SainSonic wireless charging pad and receiver for mySamsung S3, so far they workes well.

robroy90
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Yeah, it works well for me on my AT&T unit. Slow, but I use it overnight so it doesn't matter. I wish they would go ahead and release the damn OEM door already, because my charging pad comes loose now and then.

karlonicolas
Old
(Last edited by karlonicolas; 3rd May 2013 at 03:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:

I have that but with the "Input: 5v -- 1000mA" model and it works like a charm with n7105. I understand that there is very thin 2013 model (color green) of the receiver that fits better than the one that we have. Just stick it at the back, secure the two metal connectors with tape so that it would continuously stick to the metal connectors of the phone, and it'll work.

gmkelly001
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy90 View Post
Yeah, it works well for me on my AT&T unit. Slow, but I use it overnight so it doesn't matter. I wish they would go ahead and release the damn OEM door already, because my charging pad comes loose now and then.
I'm with you on wanting a new battery door. I hate the slight bulge on the back the charger coil creates. It doesn't affect the functionality but I'm a bit OCD so the fact that my phone is wobbly on a flat surface bothers the heck out of me.

Wellmall
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Has anyone tried this? Qi Wireless Charging Pad and Receiver Kit for Note 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy90 View Post
Can two charging receivers share one charging pad?