CM 11 erros.

Tip us?

paulik123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default CM 11 erros.

Hello,

I installed CM11 on my galaxy s gti9000. All went fine but I get some errors. I tried one nightly build and I constantly got this error: " Unfortunately media manager has stopped." Now with the latest build Download manager isn't working, neither does the gallery. I get a similar error. I can disable those apps but I'll not be able to download apps from google play store. I'm certain that I did something wrong as I'm a newbie in this stuff. Any help?

freakymod2120
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Hi,

from which version you have installed cm11 ??? Did you wiping cache and data-partition??? Please give us more infos, what you have done ...

Here is a installation-guide:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2526478

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulik123 View Post
Hello,

I installed CM11 on my galaxy s gti9000. All went fine but I get some errors. I tried one nightly build and I constantly got this error: " Unfortunately media manager has stopped." Now with the latest build Download manager isn't working, neither does the gallery. I get a similar error. I can disable those apps but I'll not be able to download apps from google play store. I'm certain that I did something wrong as I'm a newbie in this stuff. Any help?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S I9000 (SGS)
ROM: Running Pawitp`s CyanogenMod 11-Nightly (KITKAT)
Kernel: CM-Kernel

Many Thanks to the amazing Devs here - what would our Galaxy S be without you

Android is great, CM is greater and it gets better and better ...

Don`t forget to hit the "Thanks" Button

paulik123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I think it was from 2.3 as the tutorial said. It was like a month ago so I'm not sure... Is there anyway I can downgrade to a good version and then install CM11 again? If yes, what version do you recommend me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakymod2120 View Post
Hi,

from which version you have installed cm11 ??? Did you wiping cache and data-partition??? Please give us more infos, what you have done ...

Here is a installation-guide:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2526478

tetakpatak
Old
Thanks Meter 1125
Quote:
I think it was from 2.3 as the tutorial said. It was like a month ago so I'm not sure... Is there anyway I can downgrade to a good version and then install CM11 again? If yes, what version do you recommend me?
Actually, downgrade doesn't seem to be necessary in your case. I would on your place first try to install ROM again as "clean installation" and it should work well.
  • download latest CM11 nigtly ROM
  • download Gapps from the opening post
  • paste the files on the root folder of either internal or external SD card of your i9000
  • reboot to recovery mode
  • wipe data/factory reset
  • wipe cache
  • wipe dalvik cache (under "advanced")
  • install zip CM11
  • install Gapps
  • reboot
  • enjoy

freakymod2120
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Any news about your CM11-Installation??? Does it work now with clean-install-tutorial ???

Quote:

paulik123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hello, sorry for late response. I did a clean install as suggested with the 29 december nightly rom and everything works great now. Before the install, I was getting another error, something with android.process.media has stopped working and I deleted every media file on my internal sdcard because I had lots it (few hundreds I think). I don't know which solution worked but everything works fine now. Thx for the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakymod2120 View Post
Any news about your CM11-Installation??? Does it work now with clean-install-tutorial ???
The Following User Says Thank You to paulik123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

freakymod2120
Old
Thanks Meter 178
No problem, thanks and great to hear that your CM11 now works as desgined

The media-process sometimes makes problems, you can clean data and a few time later it will start again searching for media files ...this should work ...

Quote:
Hello, sorry for late response. I did a clean install as suggested with the 29 december nightly rom and everything works great now. Before the install, I was getting another error, something with android.process.media has stopped working and I deleted every media file on my internal sdcard because I had lots it (few hundreds I think). I don't know which solution worked but everything works fine now. Thx for the support.

The Following User Says Thank You to freakymod2120 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]