5,604,730 Members 31,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

400 MB ramm Free ONLY !???

Tip us?
 
ashouhdy
Old
#1  
ashouhdy's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 255
Posts: 604
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alexandria
Default 400 MB ramm Free ONLY !???

Hello guys !

i will get to the point straight ! i have only average from 400~500 MB ram free after installing all my stuff.

my previous phone was Htc One and with the same installation got 1.1 GB free !

i tried to disable some BloatWare belong to Sony that i dont use and ended up with average 550mb


Just to mention the device after reset consumes 1.3 ~ 1.2GB without any added applications.

So is it normal to have only this free ram ? i mean what if i played a heavy game as dead trigger or asphalt8 will the phone slow down ?

i searched for Freeze apps but all needs to root and am all stock cuz i read that root blow out the camera ?

any suggesstions ?
 
eclyptos
Old
(Last edited by eclyptos; 3rd December 2013 at 06:33 PM.) Reason: gramma
#2  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 491
Posts: 2,554
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Same here but I think we spoke about this some where on xda. If I find the thread I will post it.

Basically the OS tend to have ready opened on ram all the common apps which you use ready to go. Even if I don't like this way is how it's working.

If you playing heavy games the OS will kill the unnecessary app in background.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashouhdy View Post
i searched for Freeze apps but all needs to root and am all stock cuz i read that root blow out the camera ?
You didn't search well, rooting your phone will not break the camera, Unlock the Bootloader will do that. With locked bootloader you still can root you phone and also flash roms, the only thing you can't flash is custom kernels.
 
ashouhdy
Old
#3  
ashouhdy's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 255
Posts: 604
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alexandria
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Same here but I think we spoke about this some where on xda. If I find the thread I will post it.

Basically the OS tend to have ready opened on ram all the common apps which you use ready to go. Even if I don't like this way is how it's working.

If you playing heavy games the OS will kill the unnecessary app in background.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------



You didn't search well, rooting your phone will not break the camera, Unlock the Bootloader will do that. With locked bootloader you still can root you phone and also flash roms, the only think you can't flash is custom kernels.
thanks man i know may be not so much impact on performance unless below 200MB but thats too close ... Also it have strong impact on Battery .. All these apps needs power to keep running.
The Following User Says Thank You to ashouhdy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ashouhdy
Old
#4  
ashouhdy's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 255
Posts: 604
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alexandria
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post

You didn't search well, rooting your phone will not break the camera, Unlock the Bootloader will do that. With locked bootloader you still can root you phone and also flash roms, the only think you can't flash is custom kernels.
i wont pretend to be smart but all my life been using samsungs and rooting was piece of cake with Odin and boom its done.

but here i cant keep up with bootloader and z1 rooting seems too complicating or maybe am getting lazy !

also i want to get the Over the air updates in samsungs after rooting it stops and i guess the same with sony !
 
eclyptos
Old
#5  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 491
Posts: 2,554
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashouhdy View Post
thanks man i know may be not so much impact on performance unless below 200MB but thats too close ... Also it have strong impact on Battery .. All these apps needs power to keep running.
Yes, I agree, that why the custom roms are made without all the crap running in background, and they are more battery efficient. Probably if we root the phone we will be able to uninstall or swich off all the apps which we don't need. I wait just to repaid my HTC and when I am ready I will root my Z1.
 
ashouhdy
Old
#6  
ashouhdy's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 255
Posts: 604
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alexandria
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Yes, I agree, that why the custom roms are made without all the crap running in background, and they are more battery efficient. Probably if we root the phone we will be able to uninstall or swich off all the apps which we don't need. I wait just to repaid my HTC and when I am ready I will root my Z1.
So i must root to freeze bloatware OMG so now i have to start learning rooting Z1

i thought it just a SnapShot of unneeded apps and we disable them and we are done.
 
gregbradley
Old
#7  
gregbradley's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3350
Posts: 7,828
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester

 
DONATE TO ME
rooting is easy

Just follow one of the several guides in the general and/or development section

The only real difference is that in non-sony devices people unlock the bootloader to root, but there is no need to do that in sony devices. Just run a rootkit.
The easiest to use is bin4rys root many android (Google it)

Just downgrade to a .534 FW using the original flashtool from flashtool.net and any 534 FTF file from themega collection in the general section.

You can be rooted in less than 5 minutes (Ignoring the download time of the 800MB FTF file)


If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

 

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton


[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>


Follow me on twitter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ashouhdy
Old
#8  
ashouhdy's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 255
Posts: 604
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alexandria
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
rooting is easy

Just follow one of the several guides in the general and/or development section

The only real difference is that in non-sony devices people unlock the bootloader to root, but there is no need to do that in sony devices. Just run a rootkit.
The easiest to use is bin4rys root many android (Google it)

Just downgrade to a .534 FW using the original flashtool from flashtool.net and any 534 FTF file from themega collection in the general section.

You can be rooted in less than 5 minutes (Ignoring the download time of the 800MB FTF file)
thats great .. one last question .. will a rooted (locked Bootloader) device recive OTA updates ?
 
gregbradley
Old
#9  
gregbradley's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3350
Posts: 7,828
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashouhdy View Post
thats great .. one last question .. will a rooted (locked Bootloader) device recive OTA updates ?
yes, that's you get root on latest FW

It will update OTS from .534 to the latest .257 and keep root


If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

 

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton


[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>


Follow me on twitter
 
OfficerTux
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 91
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hannover
Concerning Ram Management on Android, I would like to refer to a post I made a few days ago (I think it actually is the one eclyptos mentioned):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47914570

I highly recommend reading the article I named in that post!

Edit: Looks like directly linking to a post does not work in the mobile app, it's post #11

The Following User Says Thank You to OfficerTux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes