Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 43,564 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HANNSpree HSG1279 root and recovery!!! [Updated 01/28/14]

Tip us?

foszuled
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fipsy View Post
If you saved the original recovery as an image file (e.g. orig-recovery.img) you can restore it to the recovery partition by just entering

Code:
cat orig-recovery.img > /dev/block/acta
in superuser mode.
Ok someone gave me a link to a recovery I don't know if it's an original or not. But if I were to try to use what you said where would I put the image file? And when I downloaded the file it's name was recovery.ima do I rename it to recovery.img? Thanks for any help you can give

fipsy
Old
(Last edited by fipsy; 28th December 2013 at 05:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 77

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by foszuled View Post
Ok someone gave me a link to a recovery I don't know if it's an original or not. But if I were to try to use what you said where would I put the image file? And when I downloaded the file it's name was recovery.ima do I rename it to recovery.img? Thanks for any help you can give
(All commands executed with superuser rights [su])
First save your original recovery with:
Code:
cat /dev/block/acta > /sdcard/orig-recovery.img
Then copy your test-recovery to the sdcard (the name may be 'new-recovery.img' or whatever you want - the filename is irrelevant).
Now move the test-recovery to the recovery partition:
Code:
cat /sdcard/new-recovery.img > /dev/block/acta
Now you may test it by turning the device off. Then holding down 'Vol -' and pressing the power-button for 2 seconds and releasing it while keep holding down the 'Vol -' until the recovery starts (or doesn't if it isn't suitable for this device) . It may take 10-20 seconds until the recovery starts.

If you want to restore the original recovery, just enter:
Code:
cat /sdcard/orig-recovery.img > /dev/block/acta

foszuled
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
First save your original recovery with
Code:
cat /dev/block/acta > /sdcard/orig-recovery.img
Then copy your test-recovery to the sdcard (the name may be 'new-recovery.img').
Now move the test-recovery to the recovery partition:
Code:
cat /sdcard/new-recovery.img > /dev/block/acta
Now you may test it by turning the device off. Then holding down 'Vol -' and pressing the power-button for 2 seconds while keep holding down the 'Vol -' until the recovery starts (or doesn't if it isn't suitable for this device) . It may take 10-20 seconds until the recovery starts.

If you want to restore the original recovery, just enter:
Code:
cat /sdcard/orig-recovery.img > /dev/block/acta
Well that's the thing I didn't save my original recovery before I flashed a cwm recovery it boots into recovery but it can't mount any folders so it can't flash any zips it can't do anything so I wanted to somehow restore or flash the stock one back I asked on here if anyone backed up the original one someone posted a link to one I'm assuming it's an original but I'm not sure could I place that recovery to where the device would have backed up my original if I did back it up and then use your method to restore it? I just don't know where to put the recovery.img file? So basically right now I'm stuck with a cwm recovery that doesn't work and no idea how to restore the original cuz I didn't know how to back it up... a factory reset in the android os wouldn't restore it would it it would just reset the system and data right?

fipsy
Old
(Last edited by fipsy; 28th December 2013 at 06:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 77

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Well that's the thing I didn't save my original recovery
I already answered your question here (didn't you see it?): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=87 and uploaded the original image file for you.

You can always flash a recovery manually from adb shell with the commands I gave above. You don't need to have a zip for that. Just a recovery image on your sdcard.

Quote:
could I place that recovery to where the device would have backed up my original if I did back it up and then use your method to restore it?
Yes You can place it anywhere you want. But I would place it on the sdcard because there is enough room for it.

Quote:
a factory reset in the android os wouldn't restore it would it it would just reset the system and data right?
Yes

foszuled
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I already answered your question here (didn't you see it?): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=87 and uploaded the original image file for you.

You can always flash a recovery manually from adb shell with the commands I gave above. You don't need to have a zip for that. Just a recovery image on your sdcard.

Yes You can place it anywhere you want. But I would place it on the sdcard because there is enough room for it.

Yes
Sorry you are were I downloaded the recovery.img from sorry I'm just not good at all with the adb shell stuff or adb at all thank you for all your help I'm gonna try it in a few mins and let you know how it worked out thanks

fipsy
Old
(Last edited by fipsy; 28th December 2013 at 06:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 77

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'm just not good at all with the adb shell stuff or adb at all thank you for all your help I'm gonna try it in a few mins and let you know how it worked out thanks
Practice makes perfect.
If you are able to access your device from your pc via adb shell you just have to enter "su" and then the commands I stated above.

Perhaps you first try to restore the original recovery. And if this works you may experimentalize to your heart's content...

ou2mame
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluze View Post
outmame, I wasn't even able to get pimpmyrom to run.
Are you rooted? I ran it on mine and my gf's tablet and it worked fine. As for price, we got them on ebay. I don't know how germany works, but I had no problem explaining that the manufacturer falsely advertised the tablet. I guess German companies stand behind the manufacturers.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

foszuled
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Practice makes perfect.
If you are able to access your device from your pc via adb shell you just have to enter "su" and then the commands I stated above.

Perhaps you first try to restore the original recovery. And if this works you may experimentalize to your heart's content...
Hey thanks allot got the original recovery back worked like a charm!! Now only if I can get a custom recovery that actually works..

Bluze
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Yeah, it's rooted, and I can mount RW. When I tried to run pimpmyrom it gave me a black screen and just kind of hung there. I didn't have a lot of time though, I'll play with it some more tonight and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
Are you rooted? I ran it on mine and my gf's tablet and it worked fine. As for price, we got them on ebay. I don't know how germany works, but I had no problem explaining that the manufacturer falsely advertised the tablet. I guess German companies stand behind the manufacturers.

ou2mame
Old
Thanks Meter 16
That's weird. Maybe they updated it and it doesn't work? I didn't do anything special, all I did was install it lol.. There are other tools to do the same thing i'm sure, I just chose that one cause I've used it before.