Think i am bricked... Help... Sprint LG G2

Search This thread

lexknight

Sep 27, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
HAS BEEN FIXED...

I have TWRP recovery, and wiped EVERYTHING before trying to install the Rom, never had a phone that didn't really have a MicroSD, and I guess I wiped the internal memory also... meaning I have no rom to flash...

"adb devices" is not recognizing the phone so I can't Push/Sideload...

I can boot into recovery, but can't do much else without being able to use adb

HELP... any suggestions.

Last edited:

Payton95

Dec 4, 2013
I have TWRP recovery, and wiped EVERYTHING before trying to install the Rom, never had a phone that didn't really have a MicroSD, and I guess I wiped the internal memory also... meaning I have no rom to flash...

"adb devices" is not recognizing the phone so I can't Push/Sideload...

I can boot into recovery, but can't do much else without being able to use adb

HELP... any suggestions.

Have you tried mounting the usb storage via recovery and copying the rom from there?

G1_enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
install the driver on your computer again and try ADB...

if not...gluck man I dont think there is another way.

lexknight

Sep 27, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
[Guide] Unroot/Unbrick - flash official factory firmware with LG Launcher

No. Sorry, I believe it is just Cwm that allows usb storage in recovery.(I could be wrong) As stated above, install the drivers to try to fix adb if that fails then you may need to take a look at this. Good Luck:good:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2471370

I tried that "[Guide] Unroot/Unbrick - flash official factory firmware with LG Launcher"

It seems to see the phone, and all, but when it goes to download the firmware from LG, it just hangs, reading the posts there, looks like others have it hang at the same place mine did...

I think I am just SOL, till someone figures out how to make a tool that will fix this...

I am sure I am not the only one that will accidently wipe everything leaving it in a state where you don't have a rom to flash back on it...

so I am sure someone will make something soon...

till then will just have to go back to my old phone.

Thanks.

xian_online

Feb 26, 2011
Sacramento
I would assume you need to try to get fastboot working, but I have never tried to get into the G2's bootloader. But you'll get ADB - Fastboot working, you will, you just need to keep trying. Try someone else's computer if you have to.

lexknight

Sep 27, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I really need to just find the kdz firmware for the Sprint LG G2... I think I have a way of flashing it... just need to find it...

I have found about every G2 except the Sprint one...

InsanePostman

Sep 14, 2012
Milwaukee
I really need to just find the kdz firmware for the Sprint LG G2... I think I have a way of flashing it... just need to find it...

I have found about every G2 except the Sprint one...
I found it herehttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476 and am in the exact same boat as you. I was about to flash a recovery I made and accidentally wiped EVERYTHING including my recovery image. I'm downloading the Sprint kdz as we speak and please let me know what else you are thinking as a way of flashing that file. I can get into TWRP, stock hard reset mode (which doesn't seem to do anything) and download mode.

lexknight

Sep 27, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I found it herehttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476 and am in the exact same boat as you. I was about to flash a recovery I made and accidentally wiped EVERYTHING including my recovery image. I'm downloading the Sprint kdz as we speak and please let me know what else you are thinking as a way of flashing that file. I can get into TWRP, stock hard reset mode (which doesn't seem to do anything) and download mode.

You are looking at doing the same thing I am going to try, but when I went to where you download... the only Sprint image I see is a .zip... not a .kdz... and that program they use only recognizes .kdz's...

In reading that feed, they said that in the US they don't use .kdz's... so still looking into that, I have a post in that thread and maybe we can get more help...

But your in the EXACT spot I am in, I can get into TWRP, hard reset, and download

If you can figure it out PLEASE post here, and I will be doing the same, I am sure there will be a lot of people doing what we did without thinking, and I guess we were the first, and will be the leaders... LOL

Thanks.

Last edited:

InsanePostman

Sep 14, 2012
Milwaukee
You are looking at doing the same thing I am going to try, but when I went to where you download... the only Sprint image I see is a .zip... not a .kdz... and that program they use only recognizes .kdz's...

In reading that feed, they said that in the US they don't use .kdz's... so still looking into that, I have a post in that thread and maybe we can get more help...

But your in the EXACT spot I am in, I can get into TWRP, hard reset, and download

If you can figure it out PLEASE post here, and I will be doing the same, I am sure there will be a lot of people doing what we did without thinking, and I guess we were the first, and will be the leaders... LOL

Thanks.
well ****. I'm going to try the method listed in that thread but I don't know if it's going to work. Nothing seems to identify my phone properly. The LG mobile support tool recognizes it as "testdevice" and when I try updating recovey through the program it hangs once it says "downloading files". I'll post anything I can find as soon as I find anything. Please do the same. I just bought this phone yesterday and already managed to f it up.

lexknight

Sep 27, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
well ****. I'm going to try the method listed in that thread but I don't know if it's going to work. Nothing seems to identify my phone properly. The LG mobile support tool recognizes it as "testdevice" and when I try updating recovey through the program it hangs once it says "downloading files". I'll post anything I can find as soon as I find anything. Please do the same. I just bought this phone yesterday and already managed to f it up.

Mine does the same with the hanging in "downloading files" I sort of think they might not actually have the file up for Sprint yet... I think its just to new... I bought mine 2 days ago also, just long enough to say, what a cool phone, let me BRICK IT... LOL

Will keep you posted on anything I find...

thanks again.

InsanePostman

Sep 14, 2012
Milwaukee
Mine does the same with the hanging in "downloading files" I sort of think they might not actually have the file up for Sprint yet... I think its just to new... I bought mine 2 days ago also, just long enough to say, what a cool phone, let me BRICK IT... LOL

Will keep you posted on anything I find...

thanks again.
I got adb to recognize my device as "02f1a913c6922256" but it says it's offline. if I can get it online somehow you think i could sideload a zip?
Also where do I get the "LGE Android MTP Device" drivers? They say failed and I'v tied the newest available drivers package. Or iss this just an error cause of the state of the phone?

Last edited:

lexknight

Sep 27, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I got adb to recognize my device as "02f1a913c6922256" but it says it's offline. if I can get it online somehow you think i could sideload a zip?

You should be able to, as long as you can get adb to see it, you are good, you can even just adb push a rom over to the "NON" SDCard... and then just flash from TWRP...

The main problem we have is that without a SDCard that you can take out and put a rom on, we are stuck.

InsanePostman

Sep 14, 2012
Milwaukee
You should be able to, as long as you can get adb to see it, you are good, you can even just adb push a rom over to the "NON" SDCard... and then just flash from TWRP...

The main problem we have is that without a SDCard that you can take out and put a rom on, we are stuck.
wonderful... i guess i'll have to activate my old phone for the time being

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

I'm guessing there's no way to unroot either in order to try and get it covered by the warranty?

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

I think I figured it out dude. Follow these instructions from this guide. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448960 Only using the Sprint files located in this thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

EDIT: The flash program, DLL's, and Sprint .tot file are located here in this link to avoid confusion http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda%2FLG+G2%2FStock%2FSprint+LS980%2F. These are the only files you need. So get that zip and extract it then use those files with the instructions in the first link I posted.[/URL]

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

It worked!!!! I"m back baby.

Last edited:

lexknight

Sep 27, 2009
Las Vegas, NV

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

I'm guessing there's no way to unroot either in order to try and get it covered by the warranty?

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

I think I figured it out dude. Follow these instructions from this guide. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448960 Only using the Sprint files located in this thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

EDIT: The flash program, DLL's, and Sprint .tot file are located here in this link to avoid confusion http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda%2FLG+G2%2FStock%2FSprint+LS980%2F. These are the only files you need. So get that zip and extract it then use those files with the instructions in the first link I posted.[/URL]

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Downloaded it all, installed the LGFlashTool, put into download mode, changed to port 41, and when I try to run the LGFlashTool program after saying yes to ??? Korean camp, I get "LG USB/Paralle Lock Key is not detected"... when I hit the "OK" I then get a Login screen with Country Republic of Korea, ID, PASSWORD ...

InsanePostman

Sep 14, 2012
Milwaukee
Downloaded it all, installed the LGFlashTool, put into download mode, changed to port 41, and when I try to run the LGFlashTool program after saying yes to ??? Korean camp, I get "LG USB/Paralle Lock Key is not detected"... when I hit the "OK" I then get a Login screen with Country Republic of Korea, ID, PASSWORD ...
you have to extract the megalock.dll from its archive and overwrite the existing one in the LG flash tool directory. Then launch the program.

lexknight

Sep 27, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
you have to extract the megalock.dll from its archive and overwrite the existing one in the LG flash tool directory. Then launch the program.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I HAVE A PHONE AGAIN... NOT JUST A COOL BRICK !!!...

IF YOU WERE A WOMAN, I WOULD GIVE YOU A BIG KISS !!!!!!!

THANKS MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW...

Now, time to root and try to brick it again... LOL

InsanePostman

Sep 14, 2012
Milwaukee
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I HAVE A PHONE AGAIN... NOT JUST A COOL BRICK !!!...

IF YOU WERE A WOMAN, I WOULD GIVE YOU A BIG KISS !!!!!!!

THANKS MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW...

Now, time to root and try to brick it again... LOL

Haha no problem. Many others deserve credit for the files and instructions. I just did the heavy searching.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.

Please stop calling the Sprint files .kdz. It is embarrassing. Sprint and Verizon use .tot file extension. Only AT&T and Tmobile uses .kdz file extension. Also about the zip file, my goodness, that is just to zip up the file. When you extract the zip file, you get a .tot file which is the stock firmware file.