[ROOT] [S3] VilleC Superboot R1
Superboot is a boot.img that when booted, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash any partitions, no need to mess around with ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just boot the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!
APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Superboot r1 - DOWNLOAD
(ROMraid) - MD5: 4b6195abc8b4bedc51e21c3c2e9dc30e
The superboot image is also 'insecure', allowing you to use 'adb remount' as well as having full ADB root access to your device until such time as you reboot after running this process (it's a non permanent ADB root as it's a 'fastboot boot' and not a 'fastboot flash').
How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX
- Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
- Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then turn on with the 'volume up' and 'volume down' buttons both pressed to enter the bootloader (as pictured below)
- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'
- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'
- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh' followed by './install-superboot-linux.sh'
Note: If you are using a retail device, you need to unlock the bootloader first via HTCdev. Note that the OEM unlock sequence wipes your device.
VilleC Superboot Modaco Forum Thread
This is root method for HTC One S S3 by PaulOBrien from Modaco forum. It is still in test phase, but it is confirmed that it works! I am not owner or maker of this root method, I just reference it to help others.