Paranoid Installer Like CyanogenMod

Tip us?

anurag.dev1512
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 198

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Paranoid Installer Like CyanogenMod

Yesterday i saw CyanogenMod Installer app for android...
It is quite helpful for those who are flashing roms first time on their device after rooting...
This app also tells them whether a Cyanogen rom is available for their device or not...
I m currently working on paranoid if this feature is added to PA source itself then it will cause pain for other roms...
This will be a arsenal for paranoidsss...

Have a look at CM installer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...enmod.oneclick

I m not promoting CM but giving u all idea atleast...
The Following User Says Thank You to anurag.dev1512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theroadrunner
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It won't cause pain for other roms. People are not exactly lined up waiting for an installer for PA before they can flash it. Not to mention CM devs are quite open to using roms other than CM after using their installer. Its about more than just flashing your favorite rom. its about having a choice other than what your carrier forces you into. And since devs often borrow features from other ROMs, this would hardly be pain for other roms. As tools make developement easier, i think we will see more roms or at least modified roms that have peoples own touch added to them.
The Following User Says Thank You to theroadrunner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anurag.dev1512
Old
Thanks Meter 198

DONATE TO ME
Angry Installer will be great for newbies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroadrunner View Post
It won't cause pain for other roms. People are not exactly lined up waiting for an installer for PA before they can flash it. Not to mention CM devs are quite open to using roms other than CM after using their installer. Its about more than just flashing your favorite rom. its about having a choice other than what your carrier forces you into. And since devs often borrow features from other ROMs, this would hardly be pain for other roms. As tools make developement easier, i think we will see more roms or at least modified roms that have peoples own touch added to them.
if a rom offers an installer app then it will attract new users who havent flashed custom roms yet...this what i meant..
The Following User Says Thank You to anurag.dev1512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andreqm
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Custom ROM Installer

I think that an Automatic Installer for the first flashers would be indeed "comforting" Because I've started to flash custom roms recently and my first one was a pain, not because of the steps....The steps for installing the recovery tool and all are pretty easy and all. But we have the feeling we are going to brick the device at the first flash! hehe Maybe an automatic installer that detects your device model would be kinda safe for unexperienced users...

But nowadays I find it nice to manually flash roms, keep backups, etc...

Oh well...not a bad idea at all in my opinion ;}

moneyolo
Old
Thanks Meter 103
That CM Installer is stupid. I used and thought when it said, it will delete your things. I processed that as the normal factory reset in TWRP for a clean flash. Apparently it was a full freaking wipe. Lost everything. I think that process they used it unnessesary.
Device: Nexus 4

ROM: The Schism
Kernel: Mahdi-EXP Kernel
Recovery: TWRP with MultiROM

We should refine Android a bit more right..? The Schism. Coming soon...

stephendt0
Old
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyolo View Post
That CM Installer is stupid. I used and thought when it said, it will delete your things. I processed that as the normal factory reset in TWRP for a clean flash. Apparently it was a full freaking wipe. Lost everything. I think that process they used it unnessesary.
I don't understand why they needed to wipe the SD card, but you should have read the instructions and backed up your data before installing...

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 23395

DONATE TO ME
Just as an FYI, the still-in-progress Omni installer is going to be designed such that it can be used by any project. (And cooperation with other projects for inputs is welcome!)

I'm not working on it myself, it's xplodwild's baby - but as an example, there's serious consideration of hooking it into XDA's devdb, although I think it'll require some dependencies metadata to be added to devdb for it to work. (e.g. automagically handle gapps).
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

moneyolo
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephendt0 View Post
I don't understand why they needed to wipe the SD card, but you should have read the instructions and backed up your data before installing...
Yeah, that was my fault aswell.
Device: Nexus 4

ROM: The Schism
Kernel: Mahdi-EXP Kernel
Recovery: TWRP with MultiROM

We should refine Android a bit more right..? The Schism. Coming soon...

anurag.dev1512
Old
Thanks Meter 198

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Now it will help..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Just as an FYI, the still-in-progress Omni installer is going to be designed such that it can be used by any project. (And cooperation with other projects for inputs is welcome!)

I'm not working on it myself, it's xplodwild's baby - but as an example, there's serious consideration of hooking it into XDA's devdb, although I think it'll require some dependencies metadata to be added to devdb for it to work. (e.g. automagically handle gapps).
Now CyanogenMod team made their Installer Open to all https://github.com/cyngn/OneClickAndroid
this will surely give ideas to other rom developers how to do it in a better way... thnxxx to CyanogenMod

Mazda
Old
Thanks Meter 9462

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.dev1512 View Post
Now CyanogenMod team made their Installer Open to all https://github.com/cyngn/OneClickAndroid
this will surely give ideas to other rom developers how to do it in a better way... thnxxx to CyanogenMod
FYI, don't go thanking CM just yet....that source they shared is just for the app which all it does is enable USB debugging hahaha

Is not the source for the installer which I believe is a msi or exe