XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

at&t stock firmware on t-mobile s4

Tip us?

kc2koj@hotmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post at&t stock firmware on t-mobile s4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can I flash a at&t stock firmware with odin to my T-Mobile m919 with out any problems...right now my s4 is sim unlocked and im on at&t network .and it seems like its working ok but signal a little on the low side and spotty lte service....would there be any advantage flashing at&t's stock firmware to use on att network .would it lock my bootloader..would my service and signal be any better.....if I wanted to would I be able to flash back to T-Mobile stock firmware...will it work....anyone try this ..anything I should know before I do this ...thanks in advance

kc2koj@hotmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2koj@hotmail.com View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can I flash a at&t stock firmware with odin to my T-Mobile m919 with out any problems...right now my s4 is sim unlocked and im on at&t network .and it seems like its working ok but signal a little on the low side and spotty lte service....would there be any advantage flashing at&t's stock firmware to use on att network .would it lock my bootloader..would my service and signal be any better.....if I wanted to would I be able to flash back to T-Mobile stock firmware...will it work....anyone try this ..anything I should know before I do this ...thanks in advance

[?quote}Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post

Nope, it won't lock or re-lock your phone, once a phone is unlocked properly it will stay that way
regardless which rom you flash and regardless if you're on the AT&T network or Tmobile network.

Do not Odin flash the AT&T stock firmware on a Tmobile phone even if it's unlocked.
If you do you will not be able to make or receive any phone calls.

You can flash AT&T or Tmobile CWM/TWRP flashable stock or custom zip file roms because
those do not contain the radio/modem images like the Odin flash firmware do.

If you odin flash back to stock Tmobile firmware you will loose root unless you re-root after flashing.
As far as bootloaders go, a Tmobile phone requires a Tmobile bootloader, but you don't need to worry
about that if you flash the stock official tmobile firmware with Odin.

All the other tmobile and at&t cwm/twrp flashable zip file roms found in these threads don't contain
any bootloaders that's why they can be flashed on any unlocked and rooted tmobile or at&t phones.[/quote]

so the hardware is different is that why you cant flash att stock firmware with odin on a T-Mobile s4

kc2koj@hotmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
[?quote}Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post

Nope, it won't lock or re-lock your phone, once a phone is unlocked properly it will stay that way
regardless which rom you flash and regardless if you're on the AT&T network or Tmobile network.

Do not Odin flash the AT&T stock firmware on a Tmobile phone even if it's unlocked.
If you do you will not be able to make or receive any phone calls.

You can flash AT&T or Tmobile CWM/TWRP flashable stock or custom zip file roms because
those do not contain the radio/modem images like the Odin flash firmware do.

If you odin flash back to stock Tmobile firmware you will loose root unless you re-root after flashing.
As far as bootloaders go, a Tmobile phone requires a Tmobile bootloader, but you don't need to worry
about that if you flash the stock official tmobile firmware with Odin.

All the other tmobile and at&t cwm/twrp flashable zip file roms found in these threads don't contain
any bootloaders that's why they can be flashed on any unlocked and rooted tmobile or at&t phones.
so the hardware is different is that why you cant flash att stock firmware with odin on a T-Mobile s4[/QUOTE]

i was under the impression that the hardware was the same and the firmware / modem /radio firmware controled the radio Frequency

mg2195
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2588

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
so the hardware is different is that why you cant flash att stock firmware with odin on a T-Mobile s4
i was under the impression that the hardware was the same and the firmware / modem /radio firmware controled the radio Frequency[/QUOTE]

If you want stock att, just flash this through recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2307157

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Wanna learn to develop/mod/do cool things? Check out this forum here on xda...its a great starting place full of helpful people! (its where i learned to compile from source :P)
Chef Central > Android

Misterjunky
Old
(Last edited by Misterjunky; 11th June 2013 at 07:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1867

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: ATT&Tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2koj@hotmail.com
i was under the impression that the hardware was the same and the firmware / modem /radio firmware controled the radio Frequency

The hardware is NOT the same.

If the hardware was the same for both the AT&T S4 and Tmobile S4 phones then there would only
be one model for both carriers and both carriers would be using the same frequencies of operation.

It's not the software that determines the frequencies of operation, it's in the hardware.

Another thing is that the AT&T has a locked bootloader, the Tmobile bootloader is not locked.

(Whether the bootloader is locked or not it has nothing to do with rooting)
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

TheAxman
Old
Thanks Meter 8560

DONATE TO ME
He is correct here...they are not similar. 2 different modems etc.

Vikram26
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Can I Flash AT&T US firmware with Non-branded germany firm ware using odin?

Can I Flash AT&T US firmware with Non-branded germany firm ware using odin?

Any help on this will be great!

Wondering if that will brick my phone. I am using Unlocked AT&T US model in India and wanted to flash it with Indian or European firmware,

Thanks in advance.
Vikram

doktor buknasty
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram26 View Post
Can I Flash AT&T US firmware with Non-branded germany firm ware using odin?
No you can't
Current: HTC Vivid (White)
Rom: Stock

Previous
Inspire 4G
Rom: Bindroid

Vikram26
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Thanks Doktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doktor buknasty View Post
No you can't
Thanks Doktor

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by doktor buknasty View Post
No you can't
Can I flash with anyother country firmware using other method please? I don't want to use AT&T Stock firmware.

chery2k
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram26 View Post
Thanks Doktor

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Can I flash with anyother country firmware using other method please? I don't want to use AT&T Stock firmware.
No you cant. You have stick with att firmware or else your phone will be a brick.
Device: International Galaxy Note 2 GT N7100
Kernel: Perseus Alpha 33.4
Firmware: 4.1.1
Miata ROM - Best Battery Life | Smooth | Fast | Stock
If I help you in any way please consider in creating a dropbox account and get an additional 500mb bonus space after you signed up using the link below !
http://db.tt/xctJq6vk

Tags
at&t, firmware, flash, rom, t-mobile