[Q] Custom Rom Prospects

Search This thread

nWoStyle

Dec 2, 2013
I recently got a s4 mini with a galaxy gear due to a Rogers promotion. But i'm starting to have serious buyer's regret
From what i understand the only official Cyanogenmod version for the device is for the 3G version but not the LTE version, is that true?
Will there be continued custom rom support or am i better off getting a Moto X or S3?
I really dislike touchwiz, and the phone has crashed on me several times while I was draining its battery as a music player with my sd card, but i must have an SD card slot and only Samsung offers them with any sort of decent specs

jamus28

Mar 17, 2011
I recently got a s4 mini with a galaxy gear due to a Rogers promotion. But i'm starting to have serious buyer's regret
From what i understand the only official Cyanogenmod version for the device is for the 3G version but not the LTE version, is that true?
Will there be continued custom rom support or am i better off getting a Moto X or S3?
I really dislike touchwiz, and the phone has crashed on me several times while I was draining its battery as a music player with my sd card, but i must have an SD card slot and only Samsung offers them with any sort of decent specs

I say this without any rudeness, but there's nothing accurate about what you just said:
The roms are compatible with most versions of the phone.
We have one of the best devs working on the device.
You don't need to fully drain and recharge the lithium ion batteries in modern phones like old electronics. In fact, you shouldn't. It will ruin its lifespan.

Enjoy your awesome phone. The MotoX is nice, but the size is not worth the tradeoff.

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011

It should be easy for you to see at this point that the custom rom support for this phone will never be as diverse as the flagship ones. This always happens with the minis or secondary versions. You're probably better off selling your mini now and buying the s4 if all the custom bells and whistles are absolutely necessary to you.